AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net
Why my canon digicam doesn't have GPS?

I'd like the location I took that pic to be in the EXIF also. :(

AReality said:
Why my canon digicam doesn't have GPS?

I'd like the location I took that pic to be in the EXIF also. :(

None has it built in as well, but Nikon PRO DSLR has a feature to attached GPS to it, so get that lor if you die die must have... ;p

A GPS itself wouldn't be particularly useful in dear old Singapore, you'd probably recognize the place faster than you can dig up some GPS coordinates and look up the location (or plot it to a map overlay).

Anyhow, a GPS is also of fairly limited use in built-up Singapore, since signals are fairly weak - you do need to get out in the open to get any sort of accuracy, and even in HDB estates, the reception isn't fantastic.

If you are a frequent globetrekker, and have gone to more places than you care to remember, perhaps you might deem the need for one.

There are many uses of GPS, it is not only use for navigation only as most people perceived. I use GPS to take down and measure my time/distance/speed and log them for my running, hiking and other sports. (sorry for the couched potatoes!) I dun use the navigation feature much in Singapore. Or if you want, you may acquire Geocaching as a hobby (I dun bcos I find it boliao).

Lastly, people say you'll never get lost with a GPS on hand, but I still prefer my good old Silva compass and map ;p :blah:

Beyond the GPS, can also ask Canon to include these info in future EXIF:
- subject to camera distance
- weather report
- wind velocity

:D

Astin said:
- weather report
- wind velocity

Add barometer, altimeter, thermometer and anemometer in your cam. Using for hiking. :thumbsup:

Astin said:
- weather report
- wind velocity

wah. i dun use canon but if i do, i'll want a 'BOHSWEE feature'. so when my cammie knows i am taking a crap shot, it will scream 'oi! siao eh! boh swee lah!!!' :bsmilie:

Phones now come with cams lor...
When will cams come with phones...

How I wish I can detach the lens when I receive an incoming call... :(

AReality said:
How I wish I can detach the lens when I receive an incoming call... :(
Ya good idea, the lens can be the microphone, and the camera body can be the speaker box. Maybe can add a SIM card feature into the CF card in future.

renegade said:
wah. i dun use canon but if i do, i'll want a 'BOHSWEE feature'. so when my cammie knows i am taking a crap shot, it will scream 'oi! siao eh! boh swee lah!!!' :bsmilie:

even better if the subject is bo swee, then cannot take picture right? Can it be a custom function.

CFn 33: Take all ugly pictures (0)
Refuse to take ugly pictures (1)
Refuse to take ugly subjects (2)
Refuse to take anything ugly (3)

Wah then that one will be a super camera liao :D

Belle&Sebastain said:
even better if the subject is bo swee, then cannot take picture right? Can it be a custom function.

CFn 33: Take all ugly pictures (0)
Refuse to take ugly pictures (1)
Refuse to take ugly subjects (2)
Refuse to take anything ugly (3)

aiyoo cannot say this man. later all cam have those features u mentioned, then how am i gonna get my passport photos taken? :cry:

renegade said:
aiyoo cannot say this man. later all cam have those features u mentioned, then how am i gonna get my passport photos taken? :cry:

use custom (0) :) just joking man,maybe you can adjust the 'ugly' setting 1-5? :dunno:

you know i getting crazy editing spots from one of my clients, i should charge more for 'imperfecting perfections' :confused:

Hey, maybe we could add wheels and an engine to a EF 1200mm f5.6L and make it into a car too! :)

renegade said:

your cammie will also have one special feature. when taking photos of a pretty model, her phone number, vital stats and address will be recorded in the EXIF data. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.