Why my canon digicam doesn't have GPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about you guys but i do find my GPS useful. Very good for off-the-beaten road kinda activity.
Recently went for a little walk with a bunch of friends off Yishun Ave 6.. As the wasn't much landmark to bear on,
having a GPS gives me a peace of mind knowing that I can always track back to my starting point.. Not only that,
I was able to navigate to the coast without making wrong turns. Got this picture at the seaside
gps2.jpg

Here's my GPS tracklog:
gps1.gif

Never knew there is a commerical fishing pond in Yishun.
gps_pond.jpg

Somewhere near the well was a bunch of pirated VCD/DVDs.
probably dumped there by some distributor who was feeling the heat :)
gps_disc.jpg

Which GPS set would that be.......should be quite a spiffy one, since it gives you a nice colour map overlay of your track route.

I use a fairly basic Garmin Etrex Venture, which, save for having a streetmap overlay, does everything I need it to do, gives me a trail to backtrack on, speed, distance covered, altitude, and gives me a better idea of where I am, even compare two routes to see which is shorter/faster.

r32 said:
Which GPS set would that be.......should be quite a spiffy one, since it gives you a nice colour map overlay of your track route.

I use a fairly basic Garmin Etrex Venture, which, save for having a streetmap overlay, does everything I need it to do, gives me a trail to backtrack on, speed, distance covered, altitude, and gives me a better idea of where I am, even compare two routes to see which is shorter/faster.

I am using a Garmin eTrex Legend. What I did was just to overlay my tracklog onto the free Malaysia-Singapore GPS map. The image u see was a screen capture from my PC. You can get the MalSing map from the Malaysia-Singapore GPS Forum on MSN Since your Venture doesn't have mapping capability u can only use the map on a PC and load the tracklog or waypoint for PC screen viewing. The software to view the MalSing is MapEdit. I assume u already have the Garmin data cable. To get your tracks and waypoint you would need to get a Track & Waypoint manager. If u already have Mapsource then u already have the apps. For me I do not have Mapsource and so i use OziExplorer and others. All the apps i mentioned are FREE and can be found using your fav search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.