Why Magnesium Fibre Tripod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koayst

Dec 29, 2006
Hi,

Intent to buy a Manfrotto tripod. A friend of mine told me to get a light tripod like the Mag Fiber from Manfrotto.

Upon checking the tripod, notice that Mag Fiber tripods are more expensive and can take less weight as compared to the "regular" tripod.

Question:

1. Why would anyone want to buy a Mag Fiber tripod besides it is lighter to carry around?

My thought is that besides being more expensive, it can take less weight and I need to carry other stuff to weight it down if my equipment is heavy.

Hi,

Intent to buy a Manfrotto tripod. A friend of mine told me to get a light tripod like the Mag Fiber from Manfrotto.

Upon checking the tripod, notice that Mag Fiber tripods are more expensive and can take less weight as compared to the "regular" tripod.

Question:

1. Why would anyone want to buy a Mag Fiber tripod besides it is lighter to carry around?

My thought is that besides being more expensive, it can take less weight and I need to carry other stuff to weight it down if my equipment is heavy.
imho, mag fibre tripod ain't really lighter than an aluminum tripod, but it is able to take slightly more load.

Dude...

please post in the correct sub-forum. This tripod query does not involve Nikon at all. :thumbsd:

Magnesium fibre tripods are lighter than the equivalent in the aluminium types. This weight difference is very important for ladies as well as those who are travelling over distances (e.g. trekkers who need a good stable set without so much weight.) ;)

I feel the Magfiber line is priced way too high.
It costs much more than the regular 055 /190 series and is only marginally lighter.

I am currently using feisol, very decent tripods. U can order straight fr taiwan, cheaper than getting them here. ordered 2x so far, no probs...other than getting charged gst..haha!

Dude...

please post in the correct sub-forum. This tripod query does not involve Nikon at all. :thumbsd:

Magnesium fibre tripods are lighter than the equivalent in the aluminium types. This weight difference is very important for ladies as well as those who are travelling over distances (e.g. trekkers who need a good stable set without so much weight.) ;)
Which sub-forum is appropriate for this ?

Which sub-forum is appropriate for this ?

Certainly not this :nono:

Hi,

If you can spell Manfrotto, yet why post in Nikon?

this is Nikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.