why like that one

hahahaha... relax a bit. there will always be ppl who can say this kind of stuff. i know of someone who told me this exact same senario.
"i got a 40d, a 70-200 f2.8 and a 430exii flash. do i need a monopod to shoot in school hall? cause my 70-200 has no is."
i ask him use his flash
"sorry dunno how to use"

i happen to be same sch as him, so... lets just say i manged to get decent shots, with a simple 450d+ 55-250 and flash. handheld too.

just trying to show that sometimes some ppl just dun wanna learn, listen or just cant be bothered. if they take advice, fine. if they dun, let them be. the photos will say it all.

going through the replies, reminds me of :

[youtubehd]t6Lp4w8wyy0[/youtubehd]

you need a disciple, master?? :angel:

oh, u need me tech u farting??:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

guys, would u offer suggestion if u were in my shoe? also, going forward, will u still offer suggestion?

Last edited:
guys, would u offer suggestion if u were in my shoe? also, going forward, will u still offer suggestion?

i would not bother.

why, because if they will listen, sooner or later they will find out.

if they will not, is waste of my time.

i recently heard these 2 guys talking, one was declaring that he liked breaking the rules, and like to purposely slant all his landscape photos. maybe he is hidden master, better not offer any opinions on that in case he is super good and knows something that i don't. :bsmilie:

not sure if u guys remember recently there was a thread about a newbie felt offended when a stranger gave him advice that his external flash may not be strong enough during his shoot.

2 weeks back, while shooting in night scene near the jetty near the esplanade outdoor theater, a group of graduates was shooting their grad. shots. the photog (one of them) had a dslr and a zoom lens (looking at it, doesnt looks like a fast lens) mounted on a tripod. from what i can see, the composition was merlion / fullerton hotel as background. he was doing long exposure (from the sound, i reckon its about 2sec exposure) and not popping flash.

some of the group ask him to pop flash but he say it dont look nice and he told the group to hold dead still. those familiar with the lighting condition there at night will know sitting subject along the bench at the edge (not the benches) is very very dim.

i walk over and suggested him to pop flash, his reply is something like "wait the flash hit the background not nice." so i let him be lor. after that he did try pop flash for 1 or 2 shots, but again with long exposure (judging from the sound).

after shooting, he asked his friends to see the lcd and insisted those shot without flash are better.

:confused::confused:

If that photog is fellow cser reading this thread, may i suggest u stop volunteering to shot for such important occasion (i understand grad gown are rented) or any other important occasion like ROM etc. understand the basic of photography before u go shoot ok?

Not sure why you think the person not using flash is a problem. Pop up flash might not illuminate the whole group.

Hold still for a 2nd shoot is not really a problem too.. They probably only need the pic for FB. :D

Not sure why you think the person not using flash is a problem. Pop up flash might not illuminate the whole group.

Hold still for a 2nd shoot is not really a problem too.. They probably only need the pic for FB. :D

u can hand held for 2 sec ??? or you can hold still for 2 sec ???? power ...

Different people have different perception on what help is.

1. Some expect others to read the situation themselves can come and help. They'll thank you after that.

2. Some expect others to read the situation themselves can come and help. They'll scold you but take the advise. They scold you because they thought it'll look stupid on them to need to be advised- at least infront of their peers.

3. Some will tell you to buzz off straight away. To them, help when it is asked for. When it wasn't, it's a infringement of privacy and space.

4. Some will tell you to buzz off straight away because you didn't ask about the situation and pushed an advice.

5. Some will suddenly come up with a bunch of out of context monologue to throw the event off track so as to cover up their deficiencies.

6. Some will pretend to acknowledge you but deep in them was anger because you just made them look lesser a mortal.

The best approach is to smile and offer nothing to avoid a cultural clash.

What applies to real life sometimes applies to life online too. :)