Why KM5D can do IR whereas KM7D cannot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi anyone knows the real reason behind? Is it something to do with Light leaked on viewfindr or CCD reflection? Whereas KM5D faces not such problem? Any clues? Thanks.:think: .

for my KMD5D i cnnt set the cwb with the IR on lehz?:dunno:

will try it later when the sun is bright enough
reason it too dark...i can't even see thru the view finder with the ir filter on
ch3tah 39 mind sharing wat yr step in cwb?

Set the cam to cwb mode. The cam will show "use spot metering area. Press shutter to calibrate" Then i will try to set the white balance either against the blue sky or grass. But everytime after this i get white balance error.

ok just try ..it quite impossible to cwb with the ir filter on ...probably we had to cwb it before attaching on the filter...there a thread on it a while ago in these forum...can't seem to find it

ch3tah_39 said:
Set the cam to cwb mode. The cam will show "use spot metering area. Press shutter to calibrate" Then i will try to set the white balance either against the blue sky or grass. But everytime after this i get white balance error.

Hi... hope this helps... This is what i do..

Before i set custom white balance, i Put on the R72, Set to manual mode, and "trial and error" to get the correct exposure (say for example iso400, 6s, f5.6). Taking the same exposure values, then i do the custom white balance by the usual method (set cam to cwb mode, use spot metering area and press shutter to calibrate).

You probably got an error while u doing CWB cos u mite be in P,S,A mode and the camera's metering will just give a black image. Do try it and see if you still get white balance error.

I tried taking infrared with my KM5D with kit lens, but it gives a hotspot in the middle. The hotspot becomes small but obvious with small aperture, thus i open the aperture wider to make the hotspot bigger n less obvious. Anybody else faces this problem? =)

This is my post in another thread:

CWB is with the filter attached.
I tried many times doing CWB by shooting to the sky or leaves (handheld) and still get the error message.
Finally, little bit desperate than i put my camera on tripod, compose my photo and did the CWB and it was successful
What I did was:
1. set to Manual exposure, which in my case was 8s, F/3.5, ISO 100.
2. Put camera on tripod and compose. IIRC, the spot metering area was in the leaves or sky.
3. Do the CWB with filter (Hoya R72) attached; u will see that the colour of the photo is already change when you shoot during the CWB process.
4. Save the WB.
5. Ready to shoot

My result after chanel mixer in PS:
http://fotografer.net/lf/?id=239299&kode=0c4aafe68207eb0731f8

Hope this help :)

-d4nie-

d4nie said:

I tried many times doing CWB by shooting to the sky or leaves (handheld) and still get the error message.
Finally, little bit desperate than i put my camera on tripod, compose my photo and did the CWB and it was successful
What I did was:
2. Put camera on tripod and compose. IIRC, the spot metering area was in the leaves or sky.
3. Do the CWB with filter (Hoya R72) attached; u will see that the colour of the photo is already change when you shoot during the CWB process.
4. Save the WB.
5. Ready to shoot

-d4nie-

Good advise from PRO....

rOnGrEn said:
I tried taking infrared with my KM5D with kit lens, but it gives a hotspot in the middle. The hotspot becomes small but obvious with small aperture, thus i open the aperture wider to make the hotspot bigger n less obvious. Anybody else faces this problem? =)

1. Cover the viewfinder when taking the exposure - this might be critical
2. Try to get exposure to <4sec .

d4nie said:

What I did was:
4. Save the WB.
5. Ready to shoot

-d4nie-

Very nice shot... where is that?

AncientMariner said:
The location was given below the pic - it's Lakeside, Singapore.

I thought that was a literal title.. just by a lake... :)

Ha ha ha... Andre, i'm not pro lah :p
Now i never use my KM5D for IR shot... still prefer my Sony V3... ;)

andre said:
Good advise from PRO....

Yup... taken in front of my home... Near Lakeside :)

TME said:
I thought that was a literal title.. just by a lake... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.