why isnt photography allowed at the bird shops along upp srg road?

A Whale

Jan 5, 2010
Are the birds in the cages of a golden breed or..

They are probably just worried of 'stompers' taking photos and complaining bout this and that......just take your shots discreetly and move on. Set up tripod and taking time-lapse or whichever, probably need you to know the shop owners personally. I was told not to take photos too, i just took them anyway by stealth... :bsmilie:

also could be the birds owners dont like them getting photograph with flash.

People with dslr but no idea how to use more then often spoils the market for the rest of us.

also could be the birds owners dont like them getting photograph with flash.

People with dslr but no idea how to use more then often spoils the market for the rest of us.

People are so worried about DSLRs flashing but its always the DSLR users who can control flashes, and some people using compacts don't know how to off their flash and keeps on flashing.

disturb the bird?

the reason why u are not allowed to shoot the pics at the bird shops is very simple: i think last year or 2 years back, there was an investigation on some of the bird shops going on. Basically what happened was that some of these bird shops were involved in the illegal trade of poaching birds from our nature reserves & importing "not ur typical house pet" birds illegally from overseas.

Some passerbys who are very knowlegeable know abt these "not ur typical house pet" and suspect that they could be involved in illegal activities, so they took pictures and informed AVA abt it. Then AVA lauched an ivestigation into them. Subsequently many of the "not ur typical house pet" birds are not displayed anymore in their shops. But to play safe, these shops stopped ppl from photographing their birds.

the reason why u are not allowed to shoot the pics at the bird shops is very simple: i think last year or 2 years back, there was an investigation on some of the bird shops going on. Basically what happened was that some of these bird shops were involved in the illegal trade of poaching birds from our nature reserves & importing "not ur typical house pet" birds illegally from overseas.

Some passerbys who are very knowlegeable know abt these "not ur typical house pet" and suspect that they could be involved in illegal activities, so they took pictures and informed AVA abt it. Then AVA lauched an ivestigation into them. Subsequently many of the "not ur typical house pet" birds are not displayed anymore in their shops. But to play safe, these shops stopped ppl from photographing their birds.

Good explaination :thumbsup:

Singapore is very much a 'no photography' here, there, everywhere place.
Unless you are non local :bsmilie:

Singapore is very much a 'no photography' here, there, everywhere place.
Unless you are non local :bsmilie:

agreed . . . just wear like them, take a bit more bombastic english, wear a hat . . . should be ok . . .

haha...i thought it was for more simple reasons like the other pet shops that dun let u take pics of their cute hamsters puppies n kittens.... want to take pics? buy one home n shoot it all u want hehe....

shops are private property ma...they got all the power to stop u from shooting the stuff they are selling