Why is this pic so dull and so much noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus

Sep 3, 2002
www.purehub.com
Hi, I took this pic using CP 5700 this afternoon..
My question is... why is the whole pic so dull...
and also.. look at the sky.. so much noise...
What's wrong? :( :(

This is not the first time...
ISO : 100
Exposure: 1/251s
F-number: 5.6
DSCN07951.jpg

Here's a closed up:
DSCN07952.jpg

Sorry for the big pic.. but I hope it can bring out the noise in the picture and solve the problem for me...

Anyway, my camera has a 52mm UV filter... nothing else attached...
;(

camera is fulled by the bright sky and underexposed the pic. use autolevels in an image editor and you can bring back the colors.

oh thanks a lot guys...
pardon me for my noobness... :embrass: :D

Mpenza is straight on right, and to meter better, you may want to use spot metering on the clock tower, do an AE-lock (exposure lock) and recompose the frame.

Alternatively, you can use exposure compensation to birhgten the image.

As for noise, any camera will have noise, even on a brightly lit, well exposed evenly coloured piece of plastic. You are looking at 100%, but on a 5MP picture, when you reduce the wole frame to 4R for printing, you are looking at 1.4 reduction (from 2560 to 1800, and 1800 is 6" at 300dpi). All the little bits of noise will be 1/1.4 = 70% as big and then from screen 72dpi to print 300dpi, another 72/300 = 24% with an overall reduced size of noise particles of 24% . 70% = 17%. Noice particle 1mm on screen at 100% will be 0.17mm on 4R print! You'll probably not see any noise!

Noise will always be present; it really depends on your subject.

All electronics have a certain Signal-to-Noise (S/N) ratio. Can't really explain the scientific principle and explaintion well, but in terms of application, it simply means if there's more of a signal (light), there's the less likelyhood that noise will appear in your image.

You exposure is pretty dark, so the likelyhood that noise appears is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.