why is there a difference?

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
just now, after I pped an image and had save it in jpeg to about 140kb file size at 6"x8"x72dpi, when i open the image again, it looks ok.

but after i upload it to multiply and cs, the image becomes very under-expose.

but if u look at the 3 images in this thread that i posted, they looks as per what i see after the pp.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715676

pls advice me. thanks.

Last edited:
Like your 2 towers, but unable to advice.

this is what i mean

Sunset
Sunset_at_City_3.jpg

everything becomes under-expose. tried upload this to multiply, same thing happened.

Temptation
Temptation.jpg

Note the blurrness is because i link this shot from multiply.

Last edited:
i cant see much difference between the 2 photos for "temptation".

There's a slight blurr to the 2nd shot. This & the underexposed shot could it be due to the website multiply? It might be.

no lar, i not referring to the blur or color, but the exposure.

the "Temptation" looks like how it is when i open the original file saved for web uploading.

but the "Sunset" looks very under-exposed. in the original file, the buildings, bridge, canal wall and boat are not so dark. the difference is easily 2-3stop.

I couldn't see any change in exposure between the 2 version of Temptation. Why don't you post 2 version of the ones that show a problem?

Last edited:
Try reposting using Flickr.

I couldn't see any change in exposure between the 2 version of Temptation. Why don't you post 2 version of the ones that show a problem?

that is the problem. even if i post the original, it will still show up as what u see here.

could be color space problems

i am using sRGB lay.

Question is, why did it change after uploading to the net?

Try reposting using Flickr.

upload to Flickr also same problem.

btw, pls advice how to link the photo to cs?

Last edited:
thanks nm

this is the one uploaded to Flickr, no diff from the one in multiply & cs gallery.
4727789538_3e276e7881_b.jpg

Last edited:
How about uploading other photos? See if the same thing happens?

if you look at the 2 photos in post #03, taken with same camera canon g2, same sRGB, only afew weeks apart.
Ya, I meant other photos other than these two and see if it gives the same results

u uploaded to cs gallery?

just guessing...it could be the engine (GD) used to convert images to thumbnails and loses resolution?

I used to have this problem as well but it was due to Adobe RGB color profile in my CS3 Raw converter settings. Even though you are already on sRGB, you should still try to convert again before you save.