Why is Nikon - the Dark Side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birefringence

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
No offence... I have been in this forum for quite some time and I am hearing things like ...

Nikon is the Dark Side and Canon the Light Side?

Star Wars??? In a galaxy far far away... :bsmilie:

Anyone could explain? Just curious.

Thanks.

once, all photographers were Nikon users. then, some of them were tempted and crossed over to the Dark Side.. Canon.

Stereobox said:
once, all photographers were Nikon users. then, some of them were tempted and crossed over to the Dark Side.. Canon.

I thought the Dark side suppose to be NIKON???
All but 7 Nikon lens are Black....thus DARK....
as the saying goes...Good guys use black... :bsmilie:

Canon Lens are white?? That is the reason why it is the light side??

Heehee... Jedi and Siths... :bsmilie:

In a few light years away, 2 colonies were often fighting for world domination.

The Dark and The Light.

The Dark was dark because the sunlight was shielded by The Light. Which in turn is called The Light because the sun rays were mostly abosrbed by them.

When the war started or why the war started was unknown. The Light and the Dark began to fight each other, using massive destruction of weapons like Dark Cabres D2X loaded with 1200-1700mm and countering with Light Cabres 1DS MKII loaded with 1200mm.

Due to the nature of The Dark planet, no sunlight means no bright colours, all weapons created were thus Black in colour. For The Light, too much sunlight was available, the weapons would go koyak when under the sun for too long. The war was in favour of the Dark Side.

However, The Light, after much research and fighting, they developed the Light system, which was white in colour. This in turn allowed the weapons to be used under the hot sunlight.

There was an even fight between the two now. The winning was just a matter of light years time before everything can be resolved.

There came The Dark greatest invention. The similar Light Cabres. These weapons were very light in colour, similar to that of The Light. It was very well camofluged and The Light didn't realise they had enemy forces within them. The colour used was purposely grey but near white. This was to allow The Dark warriors to recognise their own infiltrators.

And who shall now win... the saga continues...

Hi espn,

Sorry to OT a bit here, how is the D2X compared to 1D MKII? 1D MKII is more expensive by like $400. D2X is 12MP, right? Which has more fps? Does 1D MKII have spot metering?

Thanks. :)

espn said:
In a few light years away, 2 colonies were often fighting for world domination.

The Dark and The Light.

The Dark was dark because the sunlight was shielded by The Light. Which in turn is called The Light because the sun rays were mostly abosrbed by them.

When the war started or why the war started was unknown. The Light and the Dark began to fight each other, using massive destruction of weapons like Dark Cabres D2X loaded with 1200-1700mm and countering with Light Cabres 1DS MKII loaded with 1200mm.

Due to the nature of The Dark planet, no sunlight means no bright colours, all weapons created were thus Black in colour. For The Light, too much sunlight was available, the weapons would go koyak when under the sun for too long. The war was in favour of the Dark Side.

However, The Light, after much research and fighting, they developed the Light system, which was white in colour. This in turn allowed the weapons to be used under the hot sunlight.

There was an even fight between the two now. The winning was just a matter of light years time before everything can be resolved.

There came The Dark greatest invention. The similar Light Cabres. These weapons were very light in colour, similar to that of The Light. It was very well camofluged and The Light didn't realise they had enemy forces within them. The colour used was purposely grey but near white. This was to allow The Dark warriors to recognise their own infiltrators.

And who shall now win... the saga continues...

The way you write this story reminds me of someone....... :think: think about it...

nikonsiao said:
The way you write this story reminds me of someone....... :think: think about it...
The Dark
starwars2.gif
The Light

nikonsiao said:
I thought the Dark side suppose to be NIKON???
All but 7 Nikon lens are Black....thus DARK....
as the saying goes...Good guys use black... :bsmilie:

originally, the Nikonians are of the Light Side. but some have gone across to the Dark Side, and in the process..pull more and more members over to their side. in order to disguise themselves, they created the 'Light' sabres. hence, unknowing members of the (re)public started calling them the Light Side.

i tink its called darkside because nikon lenses are mostly black(though the VR range is supposed to have grey coloured lenses) whereas canon's trademark L-lenses are white

dark side or light side it matters not. it all depends on how you use your light saber.

Are you a Jedi or a padwan?

Ferrari owers=Light side
Lambo owners=Dark side

Saw this at a online Ferrari forum. :bsmilie: Those guys are filthy rich! :bigeyes:

I think light side=more popular/mainstream. Dark side=more of a niche market, less popular.

Canon Vs Nikon
Ferrari Vs Lambo

All are very good and high end products. Just that Canon and Ferrari have a slightly more establish brand and customer base.

Tio boh? :bsmilie:

Dark vs light, quite different, so its not the Coke and Pepsi war but rather the chicken and egg thing.

Darkness is the absence of light.
So Nikon is called the Dark Side because there is a lack of White coloured lenses? ;)

afbug said:
Ferrari owers=Light side
Lambo owners=Dark side

Saw this at a online Ferrari forum. :bsmilie: Those guys are filthy rich! :bigeyes:

I think light side=more popular/mainstream. Dark side=more of a niche market, less popular.

Canon Vs Nikon
Ferrari Vs Lambo

All are very good and high end products. Just that Canon and Ferrari have a slightly more establish brand and customer base.

Tio boh? :bsmilie:

Palm is considered white side.
Pocket PC is considered Darkside

markccm said:
Palm is considered white side.
Pocket PC is considered Darkside

Hehe,so if a person shoots Fuji, uses a Pocket PC and a Mac...is he a Dark Jedi? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.