Why Is My Internet So Slow?

Do you think, our ISP uphold to their standards?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja23XX

Jan 24, 2009
In The Shadows
Recently, i'm having real slow moving internet speeds. Despite having sign up with Singtel 8Mbps plan:nono::nono::thumbsd::thumbsd:, i still have internet speeds that can be dead slow and don't even load up. This prompted me to have a poll on the internet service in Singapore.

GMAN

does that explains why my msn takes a long time to log in? :think:

If you want up to speed intel about why your internet is slow, you've to surf Hardwarezone.

HTH.

No wonder my connection seems a little slower than usual:eek:

My Mio plan is also slow b4 this tragic.Anyone care to explain?Called them when I first subscribed around Feb lidat.I can even call up everyday.They said that there was a problem with the main modem that connects to the rest of the world.Been 5 months no diff.Its more of the Mio problem.Try changing modem.Dont use the white one they provided to get stronger wifi signal.But cos of Mio tv I cant change

I'm in Hong Kong but having trouble accessing several sites such as Youtube and many Singapore websites. Possibly because of this as well.

That explains it! I'm having damn slow speed today as well!

Same here - I'm now in Japan and found that the access to Singapore sites are very slow this evening.

Perhaps the slowness & problems of Singtel can be attributed to the fact that they are using old telephony lines to deliver content. You can have a "formula 1 modem / wireless router", but if the choke point is the cables themselves .. well .. u get the picture :)

I feel the slowness too. Hopefully the cables will be repaired soon.

i'm using singtel and it's slow too.
how abt starhub users?

no wonder...

was trying to send a large file this morning..... pretty much every website sucked (yousendit.com etc) only emaillargefile.com worked!

I can't even use facebook, the pages all load up funny.;(

Why can't they learn to use other means of transmissions, they take so much money from us, but they can't even upgrade their infrastructure.

GMAN

I can't even use facebook, the pages all load up funny.;(

Why can't they learn to use other means of transmissions, they take so much money from us, but they can't even upgrade their infrastructure.

GMAN

You mean like what..... Laser ?? Wormhole ?? Throught Time & Space ?? Using a Hype Pulse Generater like in Mechwarrior :bsmilie::bsmilie:

The whole world uses this U/W Cable and if the Cable is damaged.... there's little anyone can do except re-route throught other Sever. :sweat:

Last edited:
You mean like what..... Laser ?? Wormhole ?? Throught Time & Space ?? Using a Hype Pulse Generater like in Mechwarrior :bsmilie::bsmilie:

The whole world uses this U/W Cable and if the Cable is damaged.... there's little anyone can do except re-route throught other Sever. :sweat:
Satellite transmission is already being used in some countries. Under sea cable is too unreliable. Everyone says costs is the factor, but i don't know what we human beings want to save on that little piece of plastic or paper. At the end of the day, when you die, you can't bring all of that into your 6 foot grave.

GMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.