Why is MacBook (Pro) much more expensive than normal laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's obviously a fake. Macs only come in white.

Oh wait. That's an iPood.

No it's not an iPood, that's brown! This is the dreaded iDroop after too many beers at the pub...

Hmm if Apple's QC is really that great to justify the extra cost, explain this:
http://gizmodo.com/tag/faultyimacsaga/

Apparently Gizmodo has reported that the iMac has been suffering from yellowing LCD from over here: http://gizmodo.com/5435561/my-second-imac-is-busted-too

FYI, Gizmodo is a reputable tech site and that apparently quite a number of the commenters are having the same issue as stated.

If you spent quite an amount of money on your iMac only to realise that the factory-fresh iMac has screen problems, how would you feel?

That applies to all other Apple-related computers and devices.

Hmm if Apple's QC is really that great to justify the extra cost, explain this:
http://gizmodo.com/tag/faultyimacsaga/

Apparently Gizmodo has reported that the iMac has been suffering from yellowing LCD from over here: http://gizmodo.com/5435561/my-second-imac-is-busted-too

FYI, Gizmodo is a reputable tech site and that apparently quite a number of the commenters are having the same issue as stated.

If you spent quite an amount of money on your iMac only to realise that the factory-fresh iMac has screen problems, how would you feel?

That applies to all other Apple-related computers and devices.

I think the supporters will say "See, my monitor can turn yellow! So cool and creative!"

I think the supporters will say "See, my monitor can turn yellow! So cool and creative!"

Excuse me please... it's not yellow.

It's Golden! :heart::heart::heart:

Apple can simply get away with it because most of the fanboys won't see any problems at all even if their machine is burning up. That's the problem.

Worse is the pro market which Apple once had the upper hand. We are simply ignored and sidelined to make way for gadgets for 17 year old brats. Glossy, shiny, chromy kinda crap. I won't be surprised if suddenly Apple decided to drop their pro desktop division since they are too busy making gadgets instead of real machines for work.

What's so great about the Macbook Pro that makes it command such a high price anyway? No removable battery, no Expresscard slot, glossy screen as standard, screaming for attention looks... something rich brats would want. Ask a professional photographer or designer and see if they actually want all those things.

If Apple doesn't fix their Mac Pro and iMac issues, or even bother to update their Ancient Cinema Display, it simply gives a clear sign. Apple only cares about making portable gadgets and shiny toys.

Cheers.

Sorry...sorry...golden just like your signature. :cool: Not meant for the normal masses!

Doesn't matter what brand or model one is comfortable with? Use whatever increases your workflow or productivity. Labelling others a fanboy while being specific brand/model defensive yourselves, is like 'a pot calling the kettle black'.

Peace

It's correct shade is "Canary $hit yellow" Which is closely allied to the volvo colour "flying $hite yellow" ......

Doesn't matter what brand or model one is comfortable with? Use whatever increases your workflow or productivity. Labelling others a fanboy while being specific brand/model defensive yourselves, is like 'a pot calling the kettle black'.

Peace

finally!a sensible post

oh no, whenever i see

"get something, you'll never regret it"

if that "something" is a product in the market, you bet that person making the statement is fanboy. it's a sweeping statement that assumes that anyone else with different needs, preferences, tolerance levels will be able to accept the product like the person making the statement has.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. And FYI, I have never made such type of statements. I did not say that Macs are superior than PCs. All I am saying is that Macs don't suck as much as most people think.

Fact is that my old junker now sports a 320 gig HDD and while there's not as much RAM it's not much slower than the current Mac's as the centrino was a seriously fast CPU back then and still is good by todays dual core standards. My latest dual core centrino will run rings around any mac notebook in production and that's got a battery life of damn near 6hrs too.

Just to remind you that the topic is "Why is MacBook (Pro) much more expensive than normal laptop?".

If you are suggesting that your laptop is that 'normal laptop' then you have answered the question yourself - the MacBook Pro is much more expensive because, as you have admitted, it has better specifications. It might be good enough for most people but we all know that the prices go up based on the specs.

Why I'll never buy a Mac :
1) Better specs from other brands at lower prices

This is the type of statements that I am wondering about: better specs AND lower prices. Ian's laptop is older and has lower specs (but good enough for him) so it just follows that it is cheaper. But Cartman now says 'better specs at lower prices'.

What brand and model of laptop is that and how much does it cost? Btw, not trying to debunk that statement here. Think of it as someone asking for a recommendation on which laptop to buy - you are looking for hardware that has the same spec as a MacBook Pro but you don't want to pay as much. Clear enough?

Just to remind you that the topic is "Why is MacBook (Pro) much more expensive than normal laptop?".

This is the type of statements that I am wondering about: better specs AND lower prices. Ian's laptop is older and has lower specs (but good enough for him) so it just follows that it is cheaper. But Cartman now says 'better specs at lower prices'.
?

Go back and read carefully what I said before you misquote me as you have.

Go back and read carefully what I said before you misquote me as you have.

Sorry, which bit have I misquoted? Look at the "Originally Posted by header" - the second part "Better specs from other brands at lower prices" is Cartman's.

Sorry, which bit have I misquoted? Look at the "Originally Posted by header" - the second part "Better specs from other brands at lower prices" is Cartman's.

You left out the fact that the old centrino has been relegated to a backup notebook, while the new one is a dual centrino and that will run rings around any Mac currently in production.

Status
Not open for further replies.