Why is it that its easier to use anologue cam than digicam?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankul

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
136
0
0
Bedok Reservoir View
Visit site
#1
I use a cheapo point and shoot anologue camera... after sending to the photo shop... the pics ALWAYS turn out sharp, clear and crisp.....


but if I take pics with my canon S10 and my previous CLICK IT! digicam.... why is it that digicam are always susceptible to blurred, not-sharp image due to camera movements? Are digicam more sensitive to movements?


;(
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
36
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
#2
Hee Hee... If you pic up an SLR, the problems will be the same. When you use a camera that allows you to control the exposure... The shutter speed especially... will affect the susectibilities to camera shake resulting in blur images... A point and shoot has a fixed shutter speed... It is designed to eliminate camera shake with that shutter speed... and if there's not enough light to do it... they pop the flash... Try manual over-riding the flash... You can get blur image on point and shoot as well if you use an ISO 100 film.

In digital camera... they allows you control over exposure... so sometimes, you need to know how to compenste them... such as that flash that you should be using or that tripod...

And don't forget that zoom... when you zoom... a camera becomes more sensitive to movement as the narror field of vision will amplify all movements... its the ame for a film SLR...
 

kraterz

New Member
Mar 10, 2002
204
0
0
Visit site
#3
Originally posted by Flare
A point and shoot has a fixed shutter speed...
Wrong. Many P&S have variable shutter speed. ALL high end P&S have variable shutter speed (eg Ricoh GR1v, Rollei AFM35 etc).

As for pic quality, even mid range P&S have decent lenses and most modern film (except the junk Kodak Max 400 / 800 series) are capable of superb results. I have a canon zoom-shot which produce excellent prints upto 5R.

With low or midrange digicams the CCDs are low end and quality is mediocre. Good CCDs are quite ex. to manufacture. Ive seen the same result with an Oly 2020Z. It select a slow shutter speed and blur the image when Im shooting indoor, instead of using flash. The Canon D30 is better but I still get sharper/better result from film (Reala, NPH etc).
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
36
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
#4
Er... yah hor... forgot... They have variable shutter speed but fixed aperture.. am I right? But most P&S nowadays are intelligent enough to automatically use the flash when there isn't enough light to keep a fast shutter...

For most digital camera, which doesn't have the automatic flash mode, you have to switch on the flash yourself. So you have to reconise the situation where you need to flash. For those with automatic flash, remember to switch the flash to automatic flash mode if not, the camera will not fire the flash and choose a slow shutter to achieve the correct exposure. That's why DC appears to be more susceptible to camera shakes. An one thing, Often when shooting with a digital camera, you are using a low ISO value like 100 or 50... Usually, most people like to use ISO 200 film or faster....

And yah... CCD quite expensive to manufecture... Be owned a cheapo digital cam before... wah gone case sia... Haven't have the chance to shoot film yet... Hoping to be able to do it soon. And the D30's softness is said to be part of its designed to facilitate editing... And heard the D30 need top lens to produce sharp image... :(
 

Mankul

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
136
0
0
Bedok Reservoir View
Visit site
#5
I don't like to use flash... I always disable it....

in layman..... ISO100 and ISO400 ..... ISO400 is faster right? ... which means the shutter speed (ISO400) is faster right?
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#7
Originally posted by Mankul
I don't like to use flash... I always disable it....

in layman..... ISO100 and ISO400 ..... ISO400 is faster right? ... which means the shutter speed (ISO400) is faster right?
do you use flash for your film cameras?

Is the digital camera too heavy or too light for your use?
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
#8
Originally posted by kraterz

With low or midrange digicams the CCDs are low end and quality is mediocre. Good CCDs are quite ex. to manufacture. Ive seen the same result with an Oly 2020Z. It select a slow shutter speed and blur the image when Im shooting indoor, instead of using flash. The Canon D30 is better but I still get sharper/better result from film (Reala, NPH etc).
huh? that cannot be true, unless u dun do any post processing on the D30 images.
 

erwinx

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,423
0
0
Visit site
#9
looks like someone has to SAVE SAVE SAVE for an L lens after buying a D30

Originally posted by Flare
Hoping to be able to do it soon. And the D30's softness is said to be part of its designed to facilitate editing... And heard the D30 need top lens to produce sharp image... :(
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#10
Originally posted by kraterz


As for pic quality, even mid range P&S have decent lenses and most modern film (except the junk Kodak Max 400 / 800 series) are capable of superb results.

Originally posted by Flare


Correct... But if you are using film... don't use Kodak MAX 400...


Are Kodak Max 400 / 800 so lousy? :dunno:

How about Fujifilm Superia 400 / 800 compared to Kodak Max?

:confused:

Cheers
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#11
Originally posted by Flare

And yah... CCD quite expensive to manufecture... Be owned a cheapo digital cam before... wah gone case sia... Haven't have the chance to shoot film yet... Hoping to be able to do it soon. And the D30's softness is said to be part of its designed to facilitate editing... And heard the D30 need top lens to produce sharp image... :(
aiyoh...dun scare me....i cannot afford L lenes yet...hopefully 50mm/f1.8 will be sharp enough....anyway...sharpening still can be done in PS rite...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom