Why is it photos snap is not captured in camera?

astrmesg

May 4, 2015
east side
Hi Experts there,

I've had this experience not only with my recent camera but also to the prev cam that I used.

As I use my cam only when oversea travelling, I'll retrieve all photos when I'm back home.
But when photos are downloaded, I realized that some photos that I took is not recorded at all!!:cry: Why is it that photos snapped is not recorded?

I had the same prob with my previous camera and I though there's prob w/ the memory card/camera itself. But recently, I just bought a brand new Olympus camera for my trip and encounter the same problem.

Hope someone can explain to me why is that so.
Thank you.

Two cameras in a row with a same prob? The most obvious question - are you sure you took them in the first place? Did you see an image review after taking them? Is it possible that you didn't press the shutter release fully?

Last edited:
Did you use back the same memory card for both cameras? If yes, then... yeah, perhaps it is the memory card.

When u review the photos u downloaded, check the file numbers, are they in running numbers with no missing numbers in between? If yes then it would be due to camera not recording the image.

Or the age old question: did you have a film in the camera? Pardon, a memory card, of course. Cameras can be set to "Shoot without memory card".

Did you check your memory card setting if not check it out, your answer of question will be found there..
Where will you be got an option Storage in memory card then enable it, I hope it will work definitely..

Hi Experts there,

I've had this experience not only with my recent camera but also to the prev cam that I used.

As I use my cam only when oversea travelling, I'll retrieve all photos when I'm back home.
But when photos are downloaded, I realized that some photos that I took is not recorded at all!!:cry: Why is it that photos snapped is not recorded?

I had the same prob with my previous camera and I though there's prob w/ the memory card/camera itself. But recently, I just bought a brand new Olympus camera for my trip and encounter the same problem.

Hope someone can explain to me why is that so.
Thank you.
My guess is:

1) object/subject is at less than MFD, so even though you press the shutter the camera did not record the image. You continue to take other things thinking that was captured.

2) subject or scene is equal to or more than MFD, but the focus point fall on an area where there's not enough contrast. Or if AF point is auto, the scene does not have any area that has the necessary contrast for the camera to lock focus. So even though you press the shutter the camera did not record the image. You continue to take other things thinking it was captured.

There are cameras which can be set to overide this, meaning it will record the image as long as you press the shutter. Of course you'll have to be sure that is what and how you want to take.

It would be good if you can also say what model is your Olympus camera.

Thank you everyone for your kind answer.
I did not use back the old memory card, it's a new one.
My new camera is Stylus TG3.
I must confess this is a good camera thou:D
My guess is:

1) object/subject is at less than MFD, so even though you press the shutter the camera did not record the image. You continue to take other things thinking that was captured.

2) subject or scene is equal to or more than MFD, but the focus point fall on an area where there's not enough contrast. Or if AF point is auto, the scene does not have any area that has the necessary contrast for the camera to lock focus. So even though you press the shutter the camera did not record the image. You continue to take other things thinking it was captured.

There are cameras which can be set to overide this, meaning it will record the image as long as you press the shutter. Of course you'll have to be sure that is what and how you want to take.

It would be good if you can also say what model is your Olympus camera.