Why is it a 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

szekiat

Jan 19, 2002
London
Visit site
A bit banal but why is it always speculated that the next camera body will be a 3D? This trend has been going on since when the world was guessing what a 1D replacement would be.... Any ideas why this would be more true now then 3-4yrs ago?

Belle&Sebastain

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
szekiat said:
A bit banal but why is it always speculated that the next camera body will be a 3D? This trend has been going on since when the world was guessing what a 1D replacement would be.... Any ideas why this would be more true now then 3-4yrs ago?

cos its really following the film ways, 5D = eos5

eos3 replaces eos eos5 = 3D replaces 5D...

if not canon will just name 5D, 3D right?

predictable traits i guess.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
3D is just a smaller version of 1Ds Mk II. The price will be between the price of 5D and 1Ds MK II.

madmacs

Dec 13, 2002
madmacs.multiply.com
heh...how about this?

the current 1d series will be rebadged as 3d in an eos3 shell, and the 1ds series will drop the 's'.

so..the new lineup..

1d -> fast full-frame
3d -> 1.3x
5d -> slow full-frame
20d successor -> 1.6x
350d successor -> entry level 1.6x

:p :p :p

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
1D and 3D body design is somewhat similar, but 3D's smaller. I still like the design of the 1D series, very professional.

madmacs

Dec 13, 2002
madmacs.multiply.com
Snoweagle said:
1D and 3D body design is somewhat similar, but 3D's smaller. I still like the design of the 1D series, very professional.
oops...is the 3d out already? ;p :think:

chong_lim

Mar 19, 2005
Snoweagle said:
what crap u r talking? Where is canon 3D???? huh....

chong_lim

Mar 19, 2005
It is just a rumour. It is not out yet, dun be so confident about it.... different story if u r canon insider....

szekiat

Jan 19, 2002
London
Visit site
its just quite amusing cos if someone could dig into the CS archives 3 yrs ago just before the launch of the 1dmk2, you'd find the exact same reasons and rumors given by various other users. I personally have my doubts if anything will ever be cast out of the EOS3 body. Production on that line stopped a while ago, and design wise, it isn't a more superior design to the 1-series. Canon really should revamp the design of all its bodies, in terms ergonomics and functions. Its always a hard step to take but nikon did it recently and the result was a much improved body...

Still the reason why a rumored new body is always called a 3D eludes me.....

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
madmacs said:
heh...how about this?

the current 1d series will be rebadged as 3d in an eos3 shell, and the 1ds series will drop the 's'.

so..the new lineup..

1d -> fast full-frame
3d -> 1.3x
5d -> slow full-frame
20d successor -> 1.6x
350d successor -> entry level 1.6x

:p :p :p
i tot they are going to keep only 2 FLM. ie. 1x and 1.6x?? May be they are going to put in high-speed crop mode like D2x, so 1.3x that sit in the middle will not be necessary anymore.

i hope next time, the high-speed crop mode can choose from 1x -> 1.6x -> 2x :lovegrin:

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
szekiat said:
its just quite amusing cos if someone could dig into the CS archives 3 yrs ago just before the launch of the 1dmk2, you'd find the exact same reasons and rumors given by various other users. I personally have my doubts if anything will ever be cast out of the EOS3 body. Production on that line stopped a while ago, and design wise, it isn't a more superior design to the 1-series. Canon really should revamp the design of all its bodies, in terms ergonomics and functions. Its always a hard step to take but nikon did it recently and the result was a much improved body...

Still the reason why a rumored new body is always called a 3D eludes me.....
No doubt the EOS 1 series bodies are superior as they're made weatherproof for professionals.

madmacs

Dec 13, 2002
madmacs.multiply.com
Wai said:
i tot they are going to keep only 2 FLM. ie. 1x and 1.6x?? May be they are going to put in high-speed crop mode like D2x, so 1.3x that sit in the middle will not be necessary anymore.

i hope next time, the high-speed crop mode can choose from 1x -> 1.6x -> 2x :lovegrin:
no idea man...but i rather they have 1x and 1.3x :p

anyway we should know this year :bsmilie:

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West
wondering wat model will replace eos 1Ds...1Dss? 0.5D lol

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
madmacs said:
no idea man...but i rather they have 1x and 1.3x :p

anyway we should know this year :bsmilie:
Too much crop factor is not gd...tele end is gd but lose out a lot on the wide end.

Status
Not open for further replies.