why i will stop posting in kopitiam

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
last post here.

to be fair, i think there are a lot of great, open-minded people in kopitiam with whom you can really have a disconnected, non-personal discussion about all things in life. dream merchant is one that comes to mind immediately, of course sion is never serious, he is another. i would think deadpoet is another, he is harsh but he is never personal and i guess that sits well with me. salut.

i do admit that at times i fail at doing so, but at least i will not hesitate to say that it is usually not me who starts it first. in any case, i know many people who post everywhere else but kopitiam - i have spoken to them before, and it is quite refreshing to see the reasons why.

i will say that kopitiam is a very interesting place - all posters here please remember that firstly - take everything with a pinch of salt, secondly - it should never be personal, and of course - everyone is entitled to their opinion so long as they have something logical to back it up.

in any case, if you would like to have a discussion on any current affair that you think i would have taken an interest in, if i still posted in kopitiam, please feel free to pm me and i will be more than happy to take the issue up via pm. of course this excludes the people i have had chance to express disdain for - you know who you are, i'm sure, and i'm happy that i will make your life easier in the future. :bsmilie:

whatever it is, i guess this section of clubsnap has ceased to do anything much for me, save increase jadedness - i have been accused of many things, but to stuff actions and moves, as well as usually rational people acting irrationally in response to posts i have made in the past (in particular people you used to hold high regard for, for whatever reason).. i think it is better that i spend my free time in greater pursuit of more constructive pastimes.

cheers, and it has been a fun run.

I don't think you should take Kopitiam so seriously.

You have to learn to lighten up and cultivate some ability to laugh at yourself.

If you do decide to go, the Afghan gal will miss you! :lovegrin:

... i think it is better that i spend my free time in greater pursuit of more constructive pastimes.

The aunties who have been waiting to model for you will now be very happy. :bsmilie:

b05.jpg

i would like to disagree...i think he was bit serious back in 02/03...hehehehe
Sion care to disagree/elaborate? haha

he has over the years become wiser. :bsmilie:

wait maybe it's early 04....noticed his registration date is 04. Strange...seems like he was here much earlier. :bsmilie:

Those were the days before I found out when I was funny girls were fighting over themselves to go out with me. :bsmilie:

:eek: so handsome and funny arh? :bsmilie:

Those were the days before I found out when I was funny girls were fighting over themselves to go out with me. :bsmilie:

b05.jpg

look like they still waiting for you. :bsmilie:

The girls never saw my face as I always wore a scarf and swimming goggles. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sounds like a man on a wanted list! how much is the reward for capture? :bsmilie: i'll keep a look out if i am free...

I don't think you should take Kopitiam so seriously.

You have to learn to lighten up and cultivate some ability to laugh at yourself.

Ya .. dont take kopitiam discussions so seriously. Everyone will have their own opinion about everything. Its not easy to change a person's opinion and often the outcome of most kopitiam discussion is NO outcome. After all, no points are awarded nor any winner declared. Just treat kopitiam as an avenue for you to vocalize your thoughts and leave it at that. Expect less and you will not be so easily disappointed. You are most probably jaded due to an overexposure to kopitiam ... sit back .. relax .. smell the roses ... take it easy :)

Ya .. dont take kopitiam discussions so seriously. Everyone will have their own opinion about everything. Its not easy to change a person's opinion and often the outcome of most kopitiam discussion is NO outcome. After all, no points are awarded nor any winner declared. Just treat kopitiam as an avenue for you to vocalize your thoughts and leave it at that. Expect less and you will not be so easily disappointed. You are most probably jaded due to an overexposure to kopitiam ... sit back .. relax .. smell the roses ... take it easy :)

Yeah....Night86mare, I always enjoyed your post in kopitiam. Think you might have posted too much and overexposed yourself, but why bother about some people who post just to disagree, and think that only their opinion count? Enjoy and take it easy. No need to get so worked up. A few years older, you will take things in perspective.

Nothing in Kopitiam is really that important to get so worked up about. Its only an online forum. :bsmilie:

Just take it easy.....anytime you change your mind, we will alway welcome you back.

2473119168_a2180c8a60_o.jpg

it's been a long time since i visited kopitiam and when i decided to, someone regular wanted to stop posting?
:(

anyway, hope everything's fine.:)

Night86mare

Why not you take a step back and enjoy the jokes in Kopitiam?

Getting involved in online heated debates is not a good way to R&R.

Helping people in an open forum is like shooting in the dark. You wont know how the other people think irregardless if they can read or not. Worse is, some people do not appreciate help. They post(or pm), they ask and they ignore.

I remember there was once a member called terrance who posted in CS in disgust how offended he was when people pm him, only to find himself talking to the wall. Ever since, i hardly see his nick anymore.

So, lighten up, join the backbenchers and have a good laugh. If at all it matters. TFCD - time for coffee, dude.

last post here.

to be fair, i think there are a lot of great, open-minded people in kopitiam with whom you can really have a disconnected, non-personal discussion about all things in life. dream merchant is one that comes to mind immediately, of course sion is never serious, he is another. i would think deadpoet is another, he is harsh but he is never personal and i guess that sits well with me. salut.

i do admit that at times i fail at doing so, but at least i will not hesitate to say that it is usually not me who starts it first. in any case, i know many people who post everywhere else but kopitiam - i have spoken to them before, and it is quite refreshing to see the reasons why.

i will say that kopitiam is a very interesting place - all posters here please remember that firstly - take everything with a pinch of salt, secondly - it should never be personal, and of course - everyone is entitled to their opinion so long as they have something logical to back it up.

in any case, if you would like to have a discussion on any current affair that you think i would have taken an interest in, if i still posted in kopitiam, please feel free to pm me and i will be more than happy to take the issue up via pm. of course this excludes the people i have had chance to express disdain for - you know who you are, i'm sure, and i'm happy that i will make your life easier in the future. :bsmilie:

whatever it is, i guess this section of clubsnap has ceased to do anything much for me, save increase jadedness - i have been accused of many things, but to stuff actions and moves, as well as usually rational people acting irrationally in response to posts i have made in the past (in particular people you used to hold high regard for, for whatever reason).. i think it is better that i spend my free time in greater pursuit of more constructive pastimes.

cheers, and it has been a fun run.

Of course everybody loves to have a warm, friendly conversation. But I think it is very self contradictory and almost amusing if on one hand you tell people to relax and on the other hand you pour acid, sarcasm, and rudeness on people's thread. Why don't you just go over to photo.net to have a look at how they comment? They are straight to the point and never go over the line when it comes to photo criticism. Do they smack people with the sarcasms you found here? Don't make me laugh, man. Who gave anyone the right to be rude? You don't expect people to take your words with a pinch of salt if you start the "rudely honest" campaign yourself. Let's say I am your good friend and your girlfriend is really very ugly. Do you like your friend to tell you the 'honest' words right in your face that your girlfriend is ugly? No, right? So the same goes to everyone here - you treat everybody like your friend. Be honest, but polite. Certain things can be honest, but certain things we better keep inside ourselves and shut up. It is funny when people laugh at people and they get mad when people laugh back at them. You can say cynical stuff about new models and new photographers, but why can't people say cynical stuff about you? And why did you flare up? Try to draw a line in what you do. Go head and be honest in your arguments and comments, but not too honest if you have never met the TS. We are only netizens here, most of us don't really meet in real life. How do you know he will take it? Observe etiquette. Observe people's personality first. If you don't know people, don't expect them to absorb your cynical lines. Even friends can fallout at the littlest impoliteness. You might be a solid photographer who has made it through a harsh teacher. Yes, you take pride in it and wants people to take your comments like how you took your comments from your strict teacher, but many others are not like you leh. You are not people's shifu, and in this Internet world they don't even know you! If you have put some biographies in your profile, people know at least who you are. People will respect you a bit and even rethink your harsh comments. Of course, if you don't list out your stuff, people won't know who you are. Then don't blame people for firing back. Anyway, this world is actually very scientific. A rude action causes a rude reaction.

In case anyone doesn't know what sarcasm is, here's an example:

Polite: The composition is not good, brother. Can be better leh.
Harsh: What are you doing? Compo really cannot make it.
Rude: The compo is so bad that I want to vomit.

Why don't you try the third line on an Ah Beng photographer wannabe? You will get a beautiful Mohd Ali autograph on your cheeks.

Anyway, I don't know why you want to cease posting. In an argument, each party wants to win. You can just stand back and let them win. This also reveals the uselessness of an argument. Bro, go out more and take pics and post them here. This is what this forum is for. There is no point arguing, really. I usually make my point and go, that's all. There is no point in continuing an argument thread for hundred over pages. Everybody has a point and everybody wants people to accept their points. This is not possible. And, like what you said, take it with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.