why i tell myself to get 50-200zd

Status
Not open for further replies.

bariq

Dec 6, 2004
Kallang
www.pbase.com
if you using IE then use F11 to see the whole pic in one screen, as the pic is big.

the leaf looks distracting... so should have cropped the leaf off and left more space on top n sideways... or do you find the leaf ok in the pic. key in your comments and suggestions...

Shot at full 200mm handheld

original.jpg

Fuh....this is sharp... almost as good as the 50mm macro.
Also, I'm thinking, the 50-200mm with EX-25 will be able to shoot as good as the 50mm macro, while providing greater working distance to the subject.

For comparison, here you are, lotus through 50mm macro (tripod):

2005-02-22_003902_Lotus-whole.jpg

100% left crop from the pic above :

2005-02-22_004455_Lotus-petal.jpg

and 40-150mm (tripod):

2005-02-22_005942_DFly.jpg

bariq said:
if you using IE then use F11 to see the whole pic in one screen, as the pic is big.

the leaf looks distracting... so should have cropped the leaf off and left more space on top n sideways... or do you find the leaf ok in the pic. key in your comments and suggestions...

Shot at full 200mm handheld

original.jpg

Guys , see a ready .....CAN NOT TAHAN ... :bigeyes:

I want to use it with EX-25 .

CHIPs

You guys really showing the amazing quality of the Olympus ZD lenses. :thumbsup:

Like nothing I see in other forums here.

bariq said:

I think the leaf is ok. It's not as distracting to me as to you. But i would prefer the colour of the whole picture to be more vivid. + saturation, Maybe??? :think:

ykkok said:
Fuh....this is sharp... almost as good as the 50mm macro.
Also, I'm thinking, the 50-200mm with EX-25 will be able to shoot as good as the 50mm macro, while providing greater working distance to the subject.

For comparison, here you are, lotus through 50mm macro (tripod):

Hi ykkok,

Did you post these pcitures at the beginning of the year??? If yes, i was actually trying to dig out that thread. Lovely colour, sharp, even with the 40-150mm kit lens. :thumbsup:

tao said:
You guys really showing the amazing quality of the Olympus ZD lenses. :thumbsup:

I think we rather post and share our shots here than to keep comparing what features you have in your system or how fast is your start up time. ;)

Btw, is 2 seconds start up time too looooooooooooooong ??? :think: :bsmilie:

I like Lotus too.......

P993.jpg

Another reason to buy 50-200...........

P014.jpg

May the BUYRUS be with you.....

Yam Seng

tao said:

Photography society has very good macro shots. Dunno whether all those images have been retouch.

kktan said:
I think we rather post and share our shots here than to keep comparing what features you have in your system or how fast is your start up time. ;)

Btw, is 2 seconds start up time too looooooooooooooong ??? :think: :bsmilie:

2 sec to bust the dust i think its worth it. unless Oly can come out with a newer dust buster that can finished the chore in just 0.2sec. well i m not complaining about the E1 startup times, imagine the begining of this DSLR era, no action but still take 2sec or more to startup... those were the days.... :bsmilie:

Hitman said:
Now I really regret jumping onto the DSLR wagon....
Buy buy buy, no money liao....
Great shots!! Detailed & sharp!!

u didn't read Bariq's signature? :bsmilie:

kktan said:
Hi ykkok,

Did you post these pcitures at the beginning of the year??? If yes, i was actually trying to dig out that thread. Lovely colour, sharp, even with the 40-150mm kit lens. :thumbsup:

I remember I did, but dunno where's the post now...it's time for a refresh :bsmilie: , it's time to buy, buy, buy ....:bsmilie:

ykkok said:
I remember I did, but dunno where's the post now...it's time for a refresh :bsmilie: , it's time to buy, buy, buy ....:bsmilie:

buy buy buy

35~100 anyone :p

chii said:
Another 2 shots to drool over ;p

@200mm F8

flower.jpg

@200mm F3.5

bird.jpg

Hi Chii, how far was the kingfisher taken? was it crop and retouch?

puny said:
Hi Chii, how far was the kingfisher taken? was it crop and retouch?

hi puny,

kingfisher was taken @ approx 3m @ birdpark open aviary, with a tripod w/o flash.

the pix is a crop, with minor tweaks to the expo, sat & shapness using studio

ecc35 said:
I like Lotus too.......

P993.jpg

Another reason to buy 50-200...........

May the BUYRUS be with you.....

Yam Seng

Hi ecc35,

The more i look at your lotus picture, the more i like it. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

kktan said:
Hi ecc35,

The more i look at your lotus picture, the more i like it. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

Hi kktan,

You just kenna the slow but deadly buyrus I planted called strain ES502. :bsmilie:

How much does the 50-200 zd cost? Didn't know it was out in the market now..

Status
Not open for further replies.