Why I cannot view my or other people photos on ClubSNAP?


Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,877
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
I seems to have a problem with ClubSnap Photo Gallerie, when I view the page I can only view some of the pictures posted by fellow clubsnappers, others appears as a Clubsnap photo galleries logo. many times I also just see the logo when it was link to the Clubsnap forum. Anyone can shed any light ?. Thanks
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,820
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
Dennis said:
I seems to have a problem with ClubSnap Photo Gallerie, when I view the page I can only view some of the pictures posted by fellow clubsnappers, others appears as a Clubsnap photo galleries logo. many times I also just see the logo when it was link to the Clubsnap forum. Anyone can shed any light ?. Thanks
Same problem as me :D .... I later found out it is due to the cache in my computer system. Apprantely, the clubsnap photo gallery and most system cache does not go very well together. So I just need to refresh (for windows, press F5) and everything works perfectly fine. :D
 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,877
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Funny I did try with refresh but still cannot leh. Can't figure out what is wrong. It only disply a few photo and most of them can't see ??. :(

blurblock said:
Same problem as me :D .... I later found out it is due to the cache in my computer system. Apprantely, the clubsnap photo gallery and most system cache does not go very well together. So I just need to refresh (for windows, press F5) and everything works perfectly fine. :D
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
according to the admin,it's due to firewall but after i disable firewall,still can't see.
 

jamestyemk

Member
Aug 9, 2004
392
1
18
61
Yew Tee
Me too on my PC, but on my Applie iBook, no problem viewing the gallery at all.
 

YogiBear

Senior Member
Sep 28, 2003
1,052
0
36
Jurong West, Singapore
www.simonKLgoh.com
Same problem here. I posted a photo but could not see the image at all. Everything is just ClubSNAP photography galleries logo.

Can somebody enlighten me and the rest on this? Looks like CS need to remedy this problem seriously otherwise its no point posting pictures here.
 

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
667,089
2
38
31
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
For all who are having problems, please show the Links where you have posted your photos.
 

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
8,626
33
48
Melbourne
We have recently re-implemented the hotlink protection for the Gallery due to potential leeching problems with images hosted on the Gallery server.

Thus, the built-in WinXP firewall (especially if you have installed SP2) or other personal firewalls may be disabling a particular feature called "referrer logging".

See this thread for more details on how to fix - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=91354
 

YogiBear

Senior Member
Sep 28, 2003
1,052
0
36
Jurong West, Singapore
www.simonKLgoh.com
Alright, I tried using the following method cause I'm using Norton Personal Firewall and it worked.
I guess we'll just have to use this technique to whichever firewall programs we're using to make viewing photographs hassle free.

bip916 said:
1. Open your NIS (Norton Internet Security)
2. Click on 'Privacy Control'
3. Then click on 'Configuration'
4. Click on 'Advanced'
5. Click on 'Add Site'
6. Type 'gallery.clubsnap.com'(see pic)
7. Click on 'gallery.clubsnap.com' site
8. Under 'Global Settings' choose permit for 'Information about visited sites'
9. Press 'OK' twice
10. Done

 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,877
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Great will try it when I get back. I am also using Norton firewall. Thanks for the tips.

YogiBear said:
Alright, I tried using the following method cause I'm using Norton Personal Firewall and it worked.
I guess we'll just have to use this technique to whichever firewall programs we're using to make viewing photographs hassle free.
 

chasm

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1
0
0
Thanksk Yogibear. But I found that with Norteon Internet Security 2003, which I'm running, being the cheapskate I am, the process is somewhat different. Click on Norton Internet Secutity, then on Options, then on Internet Security, then on Web Content, and then add the site. Since Clubsnap runs both as a .com and .org, I put both down just to be safe. Then at "Information about visited sites" uncheck "Use default settings" and click "Permit" and then OK. It works for me now.
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
44
L2TPYSG
Visit site
me not running any firewall leh.. and I have partial loading of images, and no not cached, I got like 1 or 2 pics and the rest were HOSTED BY CS...
weird.. my router also off
 

Jason Ho

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,251
0
36
49
jasonho.clubsnap.org
Since this is a common problem faced by quite a number of our ClubSNAP members, I am making this a sticky.

PS : Thanks to YogiBear
 

Incastasman

Senior Member
Feb 14, 2004
1,346
0
36
47
central
incastasman.multiply.com
YogiBear said:
Alright, I tried using the following method cause I'm using Norton Personal Firewall and it worked.
I guess we'll just have to use this technique to whichever firewall programs we're using to make viewing photographs hassle free.
Hey Yogi..Thanks so much for ur HELP :vhappy: i can see everytin now..appreciate ur kindness of posting dis thread which helps me solve my problem.. Thanks Thanks! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Andrew
 

RogerRabbit

New Member
Sep 5, 2004
67
0
0
Dear Admin - Can I find out why do we need to permit "Information about visited sites" to view images - what kind of information is released and is it necessary?

QUOTE


Alright, I tried using the following method cause I'm using Norton Personal Firewall and it worked.
I guess we'll just have to use this technique to whichever firewall programs we're using to make viewing photographs hassle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by: bip916





1. Open your NIS (Norton Internet Security)
2. Click on 'Privacy Control'
3. Then click on 'Configuration'
4. Click on 'Advanced'
5. Click on 'Add Site'
6. Type 'gallery.clubsnap.com'(see pic)
7. Click on 'gallery.clubsnap.com' site
8. Under 'Global Settings' choose permit for 'Information about visited sites'
9. Press 'OK' twice
10. Done
 

zac08

Senior Member
Feb 21, 2005
11,745
0
0
East
I am facing this problem and I can't even see my own uploaded pictures in my own gallery. I used to be able to see them before the server problem issues, are there still problems there??

I am using Mozilla Firefox on a XP machine and I am using Sygate Firewall, but this does not block off other image hosting programs such as Imageshack. So I do hope someone can kindly help me out here.


Thanks,