Singapore
PM needs to talk to her

[youtube]ydANJ5qLHG4[/youtube]

1546293_779537165394607_2102258535_n.png

SGAG©

Last edited:
Then go become a Korean lor why waste the youth and time in Singapore
chasing a pipe dream.

Not good to post such comments online…. It will become headlines very fast…. if it's what she wants.

Last edited:
My connection with Singapore is I frequent its various photo forums for about 15 years.

I truely consider myself a royal Singaporean ever ready to defend its photographic integrity.

Proud to be a 新加坡人!

Sion
(Ex-Malaysian, Australian citizen, Hong Kong resident, Singapore online citizen etc.)

or should we ask..."why should i be proud of singapore?"

We (also) need to reflect, are we the way she described?

Yucks!!!! blah, blah, blah.blah ........ with all the marbles in her mouth & hands flying all over the place.

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother refuting her points because everyone's entitled to their opinion. But I *am* proud to be Singaporean, and there are countless reasons I can think of. Just a few from the top of my head:

1) We've done well for a nation with such a short history.

Haven't we? Yes, inflation is always there, the trains break down, we wait a long time for flats (I'm among them) but let's not forget that there are a lot of things that we have always taken for granted. The lack of a need to fear when you walk around late at night, the extensive transportation network (to most areas), the generally pleasant environment. Public housing isn't spoken of in low tones of horror here. There is of course room for improvement but definitely here, today, it's pretty damn good.

In the commercial aspect, the mark of Singapore and Singaporeans has been here and there. Creative lost the fight in the end, but it was not so long ago where it was still tall. Tiger Beer. Singapore Airlines. The list can go on.

2) We get things done.

Creativity aside, I'd like to think that we are always able to pull together to pull things off, when we set our mind to it. From large nation-wide mega-initiatives such as the Singapore River Clean-up to even smaller community initiatives like all the Clubsnap fund-raising efforts, we certainly know how to make things move, and fast. I don't know about you guys but I feel proud everytime I step into Changi Airport and everything just runs like clockwork compared to some other places I've been.

3) It's Singapore. It's my home.

Just like how you may defend your family because they're family. There are so many memories I have here, good and bad.. So many memories waiting to be formed. Maybe I'm a sentimental person and not everyone is like that but in so many ways Singapore is a very beautiful place. We complain that it's boring, that there is nothing to do - everytime I see those lines I think of Troy Chin's Resident Tourist:

1468553_727140943981573_1768226582_n.jpg

How much of your own home have you explored today?

Last edited:
We (also) need to reflect, are we the way she described?

I think every country has its mix of people. I hesitate whenever I generalize because I've always met a mix of people from everywhere, and until you've met them all, I don't think anyone has the right to judge and say with confidence that "Country X is full of boring people" or "People from country Y are always smelly/bigoted/self-obsessed/vain/etc".

Proud to be a 新加坡人!

Sion
(Ex-Malaysian, Australian citizen, Hong Kong resident, Singapore online citizen etc.)

Next time I shall ask for your name card :bsmilie:

When i watch the video 1st 10s, something come across my mind ''another kopishop uncles and aunties, only give complaint but dont know how to give solution'' then i off it...so boring and narrow minded and in creativity she is.....

When i watch the video 1st 10s, something come across my mind ''another kopishop uncles and aunties, only give complaint but dont know how to give solution'' then i off it...so boring and narrow minded and in creativity she is.....

Agree with most of what she said. The solution is " Learn to change for the better". Only disagree with the leaving Singapore bit because things will never change if Singapore is left with the very same people whose attitude is what she is complaining about. To me she wants things to change fast when attitude to fellow human beings can take a life time or more likely more than a life time to change. I have seen Singapore changing but at too slow a pace for the young. For the older Singaporeans, a full belly, roof over our heads and safety were the priorities. I for one will not be too proud to tell her to "Please stay and help change Singapore for the better".

She has her opinion and she has some very valid points that were recognized by many others already. Probably in a different situation we wouldn't know about her and her point of view. But thanks to the competition her views get more audience. That's all.
Secondly, let's be honest: nobody likes it when somebody bashes your home country. I wouldn't like it either. So the knee-jerk responses here are just understandable. I just hope that these people learn to manage emotions and look at facts.
Personally, I never understood this concept of pride of something that one has not achieved with own work / where one has not directly contributed to in any way. On the other hand, pride has been abused many times to fuel other emotions and trigger actions, most of them better remained undone.
It looks to me as if she gained some valuable insights into show biz.

Agree with most of what she said. The solution is " Learn to change for the better". Only disagree with the leaving Singapore bit because things will never change if Singapore is left with the very same people whose attitude is what she is complaining about. To me she wants things to change fast when attitude to fellow human beings can take a life time or more likely more than a life time to change. I have seen Singapore changing but at too slow a pace for the young. For the older Singaporeans, a full belly, roof over our heads and safety were the priorities. I for one will not be too proud to tell her to "Please stay and help change Singapore for the better".

She using all singaporean and later change to majority of singaporean....people like u and me and us staying here. She is more on condemning then wanted things to change in her way of saying things. Anyway she is really narrow minded.

PM needs to talk to her
Why? Is she not entitled to her own opinion? Is nobody else capable to discuss the points she brought up?
It needs more voices like her, however uncontrolled, unexpected or off-protocol they might be. The idea of One Country, One Leader, One Opinion is a proven failure.

Why? Is she not entitled to her own opinion? Is nobody else capable to discuss the points she brought up?
It needs more voices like her, however uncontrolled, unexpected or off-protocol they might be. The idea of One Country, One Leader, One Opinion is a proven failure.

Well, if you are a boss and you have a disgruntled employee, shouldn't you talk to her? Similarly, if you are the PM and you have a disgruntled citizen, should you perhaps hear her out? You take "talk to her" to mean "make her kowtow to me"... incorrect assumption.

Well, if you are a boss and you have a disgruntled employee, shouldn't you talk to her? Similarly, if you are the PM and you have a disgruntled citizen, should you perhaps hear her out? You take "talk to her" to mean "make her kowtow to me"... incorrect assumption.

There will alway be disgruntled 'employee' no matter how well or not well, they are treated... counter productive to try and fix things for a few person but anger someone else... worst, alot of S'poreans are "unplease-able"... no matter what you do... they'll still nick-pick over anything and/or everything...

She has EVERY RIGHT to said she isn't proud to be a S'porean... much like we have every right to think she has eaten too much Potato... :think:

There will alway be disgruntled 'employee' no matter how well or not well, they are treated... counter productive to try and fix things for a few person but anger someone else... worst, alot of S'poreans are "unplease-able"... no matter what you do... they'll still nick-pick over anything and/or everything...

She has EVERY RIGHT to said she isn't proud to be a S'porean... much like we have every right to think she has eaten too much Potato... :think:

Of course she does. And I am not suggesting that we go appease her. Just that online trolling and bashing her is not right too. Instead, someone of authority - like the PM - should hear her out: that's just my opinion. Again: just like dealing with a known disgruntled employee - you don't appease her but neither should you stonewall or worse, take nasty measures against her - hear her out, and if necessary counsel her, and if some of the points are valid, then consider taking actions.

Last edited:

Potato? Did I miss something? :think:
Too lazy to watch the video :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.