Why hor, Nikon has 300mm F/4 for $650, Canon didn't follow?


Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#1
EF 300 F/4L is sold maybe at $1500 and above :(
Dunno when Canon can make 300mm F/4 non-L at an affordable price? :confused:
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#5
why hor when Canon launch a new body it will be cheaper than the replacement but Nikon didn't follow :(

I want a new and better body but at a cheaper price....... :cry:
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#6
Is it an old Nikon manual lens u're talking abt? if u want, you could get a Nikon-Canon adaptor and use the lens on ur Canon body and enjoy the best of both systems ;p

The current Nikon AF-S 300/4 ED-IF is retailing around $2k if I'm not wrong.
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#7
mpenza said:
Is it an old Nikon manual lens u're talking abt? if u want, you could get a Nikon-Canon adaptor and use the lens on ur Canon body and enjoy the best of both systems ;p

The current Nikon AF-S 300/4 ED-IF is retailing around $2k if I'm not wrong.
maybe, just now saw a 300mm F/4 from B&S, not sure which one.
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#8
nb..at least show the link leh. can't find.:sweat: :sweat:
 

HeWolf

New Member
Feb 25, 2003
389
0
0
50
Punggol 21
Visit site
#9
dRebelXT said:
maybe, just now saw a 300mm F/4 from B&S, not sure which one.
The one you saw is likely the AF-D version, not the latest AF-S version, hence older and cheaper.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#12
aiyah, it's second hand lah and the bids are going up. there were used Canon 300/4Ls going for less than $1k from time to time too.
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#13
mpenza said:
aiyah, it's second hand lah and the bids are going up. there were used Canon 300/4Ls going for less than $1k from time to time too.
oh, that would be nice. I was aware that EF 300 F/4L non-IS was discontinued and
the optical quality is better than IS version. I guess non-IS EF 300/4L must fall in this
price range.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom