Why dont they just use all numerals instead of mixing words in their mobile?

GlassEye

Dec 29, 2010
I wonder why some people like to mix words and numerals in their mobile numbers?

Isnt it easier to just say : 987654321 instead of Nine 8 7 six . . . .???

Serious buyers only: nine 2 two 8 3 two 3 5 five

I wonder why some people like to mix words and numerals in their mobile numbers?

Maybe it's the IN thing to do......:dunno:
personally i dun like it, confusing for simple ppl like me:bsmilie:

You try to do that and you may get more unknown callers trying to sell you things :)

many websites are scanned by robots (not robots lah) for phone numbers to be used or sold off to companies

You try to do that and you may get more unknown callers trying to sell you things :)

many websites are scanned by robots (not robots lah) for phone numbers to be used or sold off to companies

Oh i see.....:bsmilie:

it also means, if ur a crappy seller that got black listed, we cant google:)

internet selling really evolved....:bsmilie:

i still stay in cave...

It avoids bots. That's why you should also obfuscate your email addy if you post it.

It avoids bots. That's why you should also obfuscate your email addy if you post it.

Something like 'hansumloti (underscore) prataboy ...at... lotiplatashak (dot) com' kinda thing? :bsmilie:

Something like 'hansumloti (underscore) prataboy ...at... lotiplatashak (dot) com' kinda thing? :bsmilie:

Exactly! Or "reallyhotandhansum (underscore) lotiandkopiboy AT kopitiamnearyourhouse DOT com DOT SG"

All oso can

they should use binary code.

110 101 100 10 111 111 1000 1000

who can decode this? i will give him a red packet.

hint : 8 digits , it affects us daily.

Last edited:
maybe this year's Hongbao toto draw should be done as such... better still, make it multi-racial and have the numbers in different languages :bsmilie:

Ah so, so that is the reason? Hmm . . I learnt something today.

they should use binary code.

110 101 100 10 111 111 1000 1000

who can decode this? i will give him a red packet.

hint : 8 digits , it affects us daily.

i forgot how to break binary into base 10:embrass: very long no do cprog, so very long no need change bases:embrass:
6 5 4 2 7 7 8 8

mmm. each block is a 2^n, starting from 0 as 2^0. then just add:D

because the seller wants to make sure the buyer is not a ah beng :think: (who has problem with ABC).

i forgot how to break binary into base 10:embrass: very long no do cprog, so very long no need change bases:embrass:
6 5 4 2 7 7 8 8

mmm. each block is a 2^n, starting from 0 as 2^0. then just add:D

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

and so on...you always count the bit( 1 is on, 0 is off)from the smallest number.