Why don't I join the photoshoots?

Why don't I join the photoshoots? (You are allowed to make multiple choices!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
singapore is sooo boring. running out of targets. need to diversify into portraiture or something like that. even animals, birds and flora get boring.

Originally posted by Larry
that's not really a big problem actually... i'm sure we can borrow one somewhere for you to play for the day if you're really keen to pick up photography...

thanx for that. But don't think I will want to trouble anyone.

Would rather wait for a few more months and get my camera before joining you peeps.

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I want to go Redang!!!!!!!! :D

Hoho.. Monsoon season near liao ler........ :bheart:
Think only from march then safe to go for island trips @ redang. Hehe..

Highly recommend an island beside redang -> Lang Tengah Island. Superb island, went there snoorkling... even snoorkling u can meet some sharks, turtles, trigger fish, etc.

Went there on a super cheap trip(299RM=150SGD) for 3d2n this year may from kl, all expanses included. Sigh... Such promotion dun come easy... And the resort is 3 star, super nice also.

still like the island a lot... Been to island like redang, sibu, rawa, tioman, aur. And love Lang tengah most. Maybe next year clubsnap wanna organize one outing there? I can help to book, hehehee....:devil:

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Okay...I may be opening a can of worms here ;)

Of late, I've observed there's a decrease in the number of photoshoots/turnout which I believe both are positively correlated.

What could be the reason(s)?

You can remain anonymous and participate only in the polls; if you are gung ho which I believe many of the members here are, share with us and see how we can improve and refine of photoshoots! :gbounce:

Note: You are allowed to make multiple choices!

i share your sentiments. it is a difficult journey.

here are a few of my comments
1) clubsnap forum is indeed a good place to bridge newbies and pro ... i welcome the ideas of all the past events held by you guys !

2) a few of us may not make it in most of the occasion ... ( like me =p ) but i realise without individual effort, it is difficult to hold for long .. so we need to inspire and build the basic foundation ( like the passion of photography etc ) in each gathering ..

3) most of us might have other priorities or aims in life ... therefore it is a fact that time is not on our side ( if i have 48 hours a day, i would like to use 12 hours on photography )
hence there is no need to feel down if response are bad.. i would be glad if there are 2 people who have passion about fotography

4) being an expensive hobbies, not all will like it ... even so those who left the arena after learning the skills ... well, it is a fact .. and hence we would try to make full use of the time each gathering is held ... it might be the last or so .. but not so in the memories ...

5) held talks or presentation or something ... people like to hear technical talks on fotography, i believe !!

6) got chance , plan an oversea trip every 6 mths .... good to take pics on oversea .... esp australia , new zealand, hong kong, japan ... those package tour will do ...

7) something else other than just taking pictures ... i would say life stories ? pictures of something extraordinary and build it up like a story book is not easy ... i prefer fotos that can talk rather than colours, feelings and skills... for e.g. old age foto shoots ? to inform people of phlights or somethings .. at least there is something noble we can do here with fotography ...

8) lastly there are also other noble things we can do such as photography for the disabled, primary schools or somethings ...
think do something worthwhile with your skills is something we can proud of when we leave this place for good ....

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cheechee

Hoho.. Monsoon season near liao ler........ :bheart:
Think only from march then safe to go for island trips @ redang. Hehe..

Highly recommend an island beside redang -> Lang Tengah Island. Superb island, went there snoorkling... even snoorkling u can meet some sharks, turtles, trigger fish, etc.

Went there on a super cheap trip(299RM=150SGD) for 3d2n this year may from kl, all expanses included. Sigh... Such promotion dun come easy... And the resort is 3 star, super nice also.

still like the island a lot... Been to island like redang, sibu, rawa, tioman, aur. And love Lang tengah most. Maybe next year clubsnap wanna organize one outing there? I can help to book, hehehee....:devil:

try perhentian ... my best so far ...
here are some pics taken while i went diving with my friends in early 2002
http://www.galaxyblue.per.sg/perhentian/main.htm

Originally posted by oceanxp
6) got chance , plan an oversea trip every 6 mths .... good to take pics on oversea .... esp australia , new zealand, hong kong, japan ... those package tour will do ...
package free & easy tours? IMHO i think those all in one "everything planned for you" type of tours aren't good for photog. i prefer free and easy, at least can do things at your own pace.

7) something else other than just taking pictures ... i would say life stories ? pictures of something extraordinary and build it up like a story book is not easy ... i prefer fotos that can talk rather than colours, feelings and skills... for e.g. old age foto shoots ? to inform people of phlights or somethings .. at least there is something noble we can do here with fotography ...
that's something along the lines of what we're trying to achieve with a little photog project that we're doing... trying to do a little historical documentation before things disappear. interested to join us? :D

Originally posted by Larry
package free & easy tours? IMHO i think those all in one "everything planned for you" type of tours aren't good for photog. i prefer free and easy, at least can do things at your own pace.

that's something along the lines of what we're trying to achieve with a little photog project that we're doing... trying to do a little historical documentation before things disappear. interested to join us? :D

sound cool !! what is the project timeline like ?

Originally posted by oceanxp
sound cool !! what is the project timeline like ?
well we're trying to get something put together before end of the year... stay tuned to the project photo outings... that's what the trips to little india, chinatown, dragon kiln factory, etc has been all about. i'll keep you posted if you're interested...

dunno bout this...but outside, clubsnap members have a reputation of being yaya...jus wat i heard lor...

cheers,
i_AM

It's the lousy timing lah!! Always on Sundays!! I go church cannot join u guys!! And when it's Sat, I always go school somehow or other or I in army!! Real suay!! If Nov and Dec have, and is on weekday or Sat will surely try to come. Itching to shoot a few rolls. Last time in June went to England, shoot 17 rolls real shiol but quality quite lousy......:embrass:

It's too far to drive :devil:

On a more serious note, if groups of 3 or so want to come to WA to shoot I can organise time to be a guide. Won't be that expensive, but would be better value than tours.

Originally posted by Ian
It's too far to drive :devil:

On a more serious note, if groups of 3 or so want to come to WA to shoot I can organise time to be a guide. Won't be that expensive, but would be better value than tours.

I would love to visit Uncle Ian! :D :embrass: ;)

what's the age range of the people who usually come for the photoshoots? dunno if i'm too 'young' lah... still a student

Originally posted by I_AM
dunno bout this...but outside, clubsnap members have a reputation of being yaya...jus wat i heard lor...

cheers,
i_AM
:eek:

who is ya ya ? .. pls own up :D

Originally posted by megaweb

:eek:

who is ya ya ? .. pls own up :D
*Sigh*
must be talking abt mi.......

Next time mai go out with you all liao......

:(
hhehehheheee

activex :
what's the age range of the people who usually come for the photoshoots? dunno if i'm too 'young' lah... still a student

Well not to worry cos many of us are as young as you.... well at least in our heart.....

Hmm... or maybe you trying to suan us......:p

Revenant.....

Just to let you know that if you dont have any SLR camera point and shoots still does the job.....and still okay to join us anyway.
Let me know if you need to borrow one(my spare SLR) on any of the future outings.

As this outings was with the hope also to create a portal to get to know new friends and people with the same hobby. I can guarantee you that every outing you will elarn new stuff.......news skills, techinique and live advices from peers.

It was only about 4 months back when I personally make a point to meet people for this CLubsnap Portal, my first meeting with some of them was over coffee and the rest is history. And bet you i don't regret it why ????

Here are some personal reasons:
- Many of them have been into this line for long and have good advices on techniques , macro, portrait, wedings etc...
- See first hand how camera handling is done.....flash positioning etc.
- Advices on which film to use....
- Tips and updates on prices of equipment if you NEED!! to buy - these people don't psycho you to buy buy buy......!!!!
- Open up circle of friends who may be interested in the same type of photography field.....
- In case of a major local happening........SIZE IS POWER....e.g....having a mid sized group for occasions like fireworks outing ...help you secure better ground and also less risk of "somebody" who will shoot his/her flash!!!! in the dark!!!!..
- Most importantly Great Fun......and stress relieving......i need to to keep my BP controlled....

I think those are the main ones......convincing enough???....well...don't shy come join us for the next outing...

Regards,
Sulhan

I think we're just shy. :D

Big broad smiles should usually break the ice.

Originally posted by I_AM

cheers,
i_AM

well, i'm still a student too. a student in photography. :)

Originally posted by activex

Status
Not open for further replies.