Why don't Clubsnap do publishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangyb

Aug 1, 2004
Suddenly had an idea, why don't Clubsnap do publishing? We got so many talents/experts/amatuers etc etc here... And somemore Clubsnap has become synonymous with being a local imaging discussion forums/knowledgebase...

Locally I think there is still grounds for competing in the imaging publishing industry...

Make publishing something like a print forum... follow reader's digest idea where people contribute articles and the ones that get published are rewarded monetarily. Would also like to see more local reviews and articles on the local imaging scene.

:D

hahaha make all the kopitiam people like sion write joke page

IDEA :thumbsup:

hehe

Clubsnap FHM ?

judging by all the guys here. will definitely be a hit! :bsmilie:

hmmm.....i thought there was a plan to come out with CS mags last year?

hmmm.....i thought there was a plan to come out with CS mags last year?

yar but somehow it died away i think... not sure too...

hmmm but really i think its a good idea lor... "FHM styled" galleries could be re-themed as a section in the magazine to highlight budding model photographers in Singapore too... the magazine could serve as a platform for many talents in our country to showcase their works and get noticed.

Basically the idea of the magazine is not the ones that are around which are very typical... full of advertisements and then smack a few articles of reviews and smack a few articles of critique on pictures. The goal of the magazine is to educate and to act as a catalyst to spur on the local photography scene :)

There is an online mag.. think zaren is one of the editor.. Not sure if it's still alive now.

yar but somehow it died away i think... not sure too...

hmmm but really i think its a good idea lor... "FHM styled" galleries could be re-themed as a section in the magazine to highlight budding model photographers in Singapore too... the magazine could serve as a platform for many talents in our country to showcase their works and get noticed.

Basically the idea of the magazine is not the ones that are around which are very typical... full of advertisements and then smack a few articles of reviews and smack a few articles of critique on pictures. The goal of the magazine is to educate and to act as a catalyst to spur on the local photography scene :)
And who is going to pay for it?

Modelshoot and workshop participants/organizers?

follow Today. all by advertisers.

hmm good point there... probably still have to go back to advertisers to a certain degree if other models of generating revenue prove to be unfeasible...

if HWZ can do magazine and earn $$$, why CS can't? :embrass:

photogs can provide reviews of cam, lens and give tips. Can also publish nice photos. Also, commercial photogs can advertise inside the mag. :cool:

My English is not so power lah.
You don't need powerful English to write good jokes! =D

Plus, a picture speaks a 1000 words. You just post one photo of yourself in drag every week, good enough already!

You don't need powerful English to write good jokes! =D

Plus, a picture speaks a 1000 words. You just post one photo of yourself in drag every week, good enough already!

Wait till they see your body. Sure Cover and Center Fold featuring you every issue one.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

We've tried before... but I guess those who could contribute were too busy...

We've tried before... but I guess those who could contribute were too busy...
hmmm you mean the online magazine or print? perhaps the model by which contibutions are received could be improved? Surely of so many members here we should be able to find contributions :D

hmmm you mean the online magazine or print? perhaps the model by which contibutions are received could be improved? Surely of so many members here we should be able to find contributions :D

what kind of publishing you looking at? online maybe still ok, i think singapore has a very small market for prints

My English is not so power lah.

since when u need to write? your picture expresses a thousand words liao...

Then we forgo Headlines, instead, every front page we will have Headless photos... :thumbsup:

Please hold on while we bring you back to the headless news... ;p

Any idea what happened to the CS eMag or something like that?:think: Generated some hype :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.