Why does my dog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dEthANGeL: Yeah.. Sick of work already. :p But I agree that Terriers (commonly known as Terrors) have an attitude. Some people may like it, some people may not. :dunno:

Golgotha: Goodness... I couldn't help but feel sad to read about your GR. What happened to it after the visit to the vet? It's sad to know that that a GR can be reduced to this 'state', when they are really gentle giants. Maybe it went through a traumatic puppyhood. :(

Well, after it started to attack my family members, no choice we had to give him back to the previous owner.Had to give him back cos we feel that it might be 1) because it's very attached to the previous owner n its surroundings. 2) because we have other animals like rabbits, hamsters, dogs and whatever you can find in my garden, we dun wanna risk them being attacked.3) We couldn't stop it from barking and howling, and police already came twice to our house.

Yah was sad when we had to give it back.....but we felt we couldn't handle it.....(the "siao" part)

cityofangels: I know what you mean :bsmilie: i'm slacking @ the moment

Golgotha:

Sad to hear.

Both my GR and my terrier get along so well ... i'm actually speechless. Both of them will never fight and give way to one another. Though sometimes my GR gets bullied by the terrier, and he looks so helpless and blur at times :bsmilie:

Wow...24 hours ago when I posted this it was like going so slow but now, page 2 already.

Thank you one and all for your responses.

BTW, mine's a Shitzu and yes, it's a 'foreign' dog (supposedly a cross with some Tibetian Llhasa or something) but more commonly known to be Empress Dowager's dog - literally a lap dog.

These days, we would put rugs are those places whcih she will scratch ESPECIALLY our Parquet floor!

...and guess what...Yes, she will scratch the rugs before she rests.

It's cute and intriguing during the day time but when you're in need of rest at night and she starts her scratching...it often leaves us scratching...our heads...

...but not now. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers

deathangel:

Does your GR drool on your terrier? When isaw the GR drooling on my rabbits n dogs, i thought he's gonna have them for breakfast!:bsmilie:

Hmm i guess its the breed dispotion. Terriers tend to be more assertive and retreivers are more willing to step down and let someone else be in control..

hmm. i have a toy poodle at home thou....

recently brought her to the "hair dresser" and the "hair dresser" cut parts of the fur from her tail off.

and leave one ball of fur on the tip.

weird thing is... she walks in a weird position. so can i say that she is not comfortable with the new haircut or what ?

maybe i should post pics of the haircut. :dunno:

Golgotha: I brought my silky to my frd's house, where she has 2 GRs. 1 of them drooled so much that my silky was drenched to the skin! It was quite gross.. :confused:

Golgotha: I brought my silky to my frd's house, where she has 2 GRs. 1 of them drooled so much that my silky was drenched to the skin! It was quite gross.. :confused:

Hahaha.........it is very gross, I remember my little pup was "swimming" in a Great Dane's drool! :faint:

i agreed with all those comment....terror..haa
but i dun understand mine..actually is my bf's...they are the noisy breed and high alert type.
But she bark at his dad when he come back....she bark at his mum when she is going out...
and the way she bark is as if she is barking a stranger...

anyone can advise on this too..

deathangel:

Does your GR drool on your terrier? When isaw the GR drooling on my rabbits n dogs, i thought he's gonna have them for breakfast!:bsmilie:

Erh thank got he doesn't .. else i'll be having nightmare grooming my terrier :sweat:

He drools since he's of the big-bone type ... normal rainy weather .. i notice he doesn't drool that much. He drools only when he's:

1. Excited/happy
2. FOOD!
3. Hot weather

And he's always having that doleful look ... oh man... :rolleyes: everytime i see him, i'll want to hug him :bsmilie:

Hmm i guess its the breed dispotion. Terriers tend to be more assertive and retreivers are more willing to step down and let someone else be in control..

Erh .. from this post alone i don't think all GR are willing to step down :sweat: ... just that sometimes he does something wrong - you scold him - he stands/sits there giving you a blur/doleful look and wagging his tail :rolleyes:.. what a mockery :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.