why does a monk needs 15k/month salary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
I am always very curious about how much the renci's CEO monk earns and I finally found that out. 15k/month. well it is not a lot for a CEO but it is way too high for a monk.

I really wonder if he really is a monk... or does he donates his salary to Renci and live simply like a monk should? does anyone know anything about his liefstyle?

With that kind of $ can get Nikon D2X, SB 800, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, Lowepro 500 and do model shoot every month. :bsmilie:

wind30 said:
I am always very curious about how much the renci's CEO monk earns and I finally found that out. 15k/month. well it is not a lot for a CEO but it is way too high for a monk.

I really wonder if he really is a monk... or does he donates his salary to Renci and live simply like a monk should? does anyone know anything about his liefstyle?
Well I has been seen some of the monk drive nice car like Integra type R ! Nowaday the charity organisation no longer doing pure charity. All kind of business stuff involve. Some of my wife friend who has been working for some so call "charity company" told that....those company will only donate off some of the money they have been collected after minus off every company expenses, temp staff salary, boss salary...this and that. Then not much left liao. All in thier stomach...since I knew this...I never donate when saw them in the road.

This kind of stuff also happen on some churches, like what happened before in singapore. Government should work up with one organization to control this situation in every charity organization. It's now became a loop holes for those business peoples making profit out of charity.

wind30 said:

I wonder where you get this information? I couldn't find it on their website......

HS

jeff49er said:
With that kind of $ can get Nikon D2X, SB 800, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, Lowepro 500 and do model shoot every month. :bsmilie:
No my friend. with that money...they can even own a whole camera shop like CP and open a model agency to shoot their own ;)

wind30 said:

Hi,

If you check his history, he's a initially a high-flyer and earned much alot than what he's doing now. I know what you are thinking, that's what worry us too.

jeff49er said:

D2X = $7600
28-70 = $3200
70-200 = $3300
SB-800 = $600
Lowepro = $200 (Just guessing)

Total = $14,900 just nice.

Can do model shoot everyday......not just every month.:sticktong

brandonb said:
Well I has been seen some of the monk drive nice car like Integra type R ! Nowaday the charity organisation no longer doing pure charity. All kind of business stuff involve. Some of my wife friend who has been working for some so call "charity company" told that....those company will only donate off some of the money they have been collected after minus off every company expenses, temp staff salary, boss salary...this and that. Then not much left liao. All in thier stomach...since I knew this...I never donate when saw them in the road.

This kind of stuff also happen on some churches, like what happened before in singapore. Government should work up with one organization to control this situation in every charity organization. It's now became a loop holes for those business peoples making profit out of charity.

Aiyo give to goverment control.....? Cannot might be worst....

At where I work...experience one time a devotee bought like a dozen pairs of slippers for a monk and the temple..

You never know the 'fa shi' could be earning just as much?!?:complain:

I've heard this interesting story from a Japanese friend.

In Japan if you tell people you're a monk, it means you are rich.

In a temple celebration, the devotees would put their donations into an opening from which a conveyor belt will transport to a truck to be delivered to the bank. And there are a few more trucks waiting on the road.

Pro Image said:
D2X = $7600
28-70 = $3200
70-200 = $3300
SB-800 = $600
Lowepro = $200 (Just guessing)

Total = $14,900 just nice.

Can do model shoot everyday......not just every month.:sticktong

With the next month pay can get Canon 1Ds Mk 11, 24-70 L, 70-200 L and 580 EX and Lowepro 500.

? :bigeyes:

Acutally still have some loose change to hire a chio model, org a model shoot in the name of charity.

No wonder the earth is going to be "gone" soon as no more true holy people to pray for us. :(

Time to believe in yourself rather than them. :eek:

wind30 said:

And I wonder why would a CEO of ANY charity organisation deserves 'peanuts'.... ;)

hongsien said:
I wonder where you get this information? I couldn't find it on their website......

HS

it was in one of the papers. I think it was Today.

Actually I though TT durai was not that highly paid cuz he really did a fantastic job for NKF. He is a secular guy and he NEVER said he is in it out of "compassion". He is entitles to what the board of directors think is appropriate. Actually logically if I am on the NKF board with 2 options
1) put a $600k pay package and attract talented people and get 10 mil (just a figure) a year in donations
2) put a $80k pay package and attract monkeys and get 1mil a year in donations

I may well choose 1.

The issue here is rather different. The renci monk almost ALWAYS portray himself as a monk on TV. Although I am no buddhist, but I studied it in Secondary school (was top in my school in buddhist studies as a subject :) not that mean anything much ) and I have a basic understanding of what it entails to be a buddhist monk. He DOES portray at least to me that he is in this renci hospital out of compassion, like what any buddisht monk should do as COMPASSION is central to buddism. I think it is one of the ways to enlightenment.

Unlike other religon, living simply without "pleasures" is one of the MAIN precepts of buddhism. I really hope that he does good things with his money like what a true monk will do.

Does he drive a CAR? what car?

Sion said:
You are not thinking of robbing the temple are you?
i'm going to hijack the trucks, just like in the movie, 7 seconds. :cool:

makes me wondered too why he's been paid $15 grands? sigh, i have seem monks who drive mercs benz and live in big houses.

personal opinion. who cares about charity? first must ensure one's survival first before thinking of doing charity. and "survival" can be defined different among different people. to tai-tai's, survival could mean their regular spas etc..

sata is without ceo at the moment. last ceo just "resigned" recently. last drawn salary was also around $20+ grand monthly. hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.