Why do you worry so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Where's all the fun in photography nowadays when everybody is so worried about camera problems. :dunno:

Worry about shutter life, camera blinking lights, etc etc... nobody posts images anymore... all only worry about camera dying :cry:

Spend so much on a hobby, yet gets enslaved by it, where's the fun in it? :dunno: Just because some people gets a similar issue, a hoo-ha is made across internet and sets everybody panic-ing and end up not shooting anymore, just finding ways to make the problem appear so that they can send in for servicing and thinks that it won't happen to them again.

Why? :dunno:

espn said:
Worry about shutter life, camera blinking lights, etc etc... nobody posts images anymore... all only worry about camera dying :cry:

Heh?

I am still using 20 year old equipments with shutter life lasting longer than the average age of CSers. And no annoying blinking lights! I think my equipments will probably still give sterling service after all the modern gadjets had gone into rigor mortis! So I do not worry about my camera dying! These old things are more hardy than the young juveniles!

Lesson somewhere? :think:

I lifted the camera blinking from Nikon subforum, the one where it's caused by some PCB problem. :)

espn said:
I lifted the camera blinking from Nikon subforum, the one where it's caused by some PCB problem. :)

Heehee, u pro using pro gear mah. ;p ;p ;p

/me runs away.

AJ23 said:
Heehee, u pro using pro gear mah. ;p ;p ;p

/me runs away.
Pro your head :sticktong

I use a D70 also ma. Just that I sold it away liao because need cash. :cry: else it's still good camera.

espn said:

Yes, I know. Not a Nikon user. I get your point. It is silly, really! There is a life span to all equipments. Unfortunately the digital stuffs are programmed to self destruction in much shorter time than the "old" stuff. So one might as well get use to this. Afterall, digital users asked for this modern technology and embraced it with open arms! Now live with it! Go make images and stop worrying about the camera dying. Just make full use of them before they kaput!

Ah g***, if after u buy the D2X, and suddenly someone post on internet there is a problem on D2X electronics, would u also freak out???

Astin said:
Ah g***, if after u buy the D2X, and suddenly someone post on internet there is a problem on D2X electronics, would u also freak out???
Why would I freak out? Shoot first talk later!

Astin said:

You are obviously not refering to me, right? In any case, I would not freak out. Takes a lot to get me freaked out!

1 If indeed there is a production problem that applies to all D2X, there wil be sufficient market pressure for Nikon to do something about it, much like BMW (or any other marques) recalling the cars to get certain things corrected. Their reputation is a lot more important.

2 If I happen to see a Lexus at the side of a road because something failed, it does not mean Lexus is bad. It means THAT Lexus is bad. So what is the problem? There always lemons in everything!

is not cheap .. tats the main reason

student said:
You are obviously not refering to me, right? In any case, I would not freak out. Takes a lot to get me freaked out!

not! it is quite easy to get you agitated :devil:

Even if your camera is gaffered, foamed, encased in bullet-proof plexi-glass, and still in mint condition after 10 years.. no one will buy it anymore... remember Kodak with built-in memory card? Or the camera with 3.5" disk drive? Ever heard of 2 (*gasp*) megapixel camera? Welcome to the disposable technology era.

simon80 said:
is not cheap .. tats the main reason

I second that. If the product is a substantial proportion of a person's income, it is only natural for people to worry that the technical fault will happen to them as well, and try to take preventive measures, or seek solutions before that happens. Proactive perhaps?

I don't think people are freaking out. Maybe "worried" would be a more reflective adjective? And if the rate of occurances are high enough, it wouldn't be an undue worry. I don't think people get "freaked out" and stop shooting altogether, or sit at home and cry, can't eat etc etc. Just worried. Especially since it's considered expensive. Especially if it's their only cam, and they love photography. Especially if the cam means a lot to them.

In the age of internet, a small minor design flaw or a single sample quality defect will magnify 10,000 times, and balloon to an unproportional scale, really.
BTW, I am still using the same D100 I bought 3 years ago, lah.

ortega said:
not! it is quite easy to get you agitated :devil:

Ha! get your dictionary right!:devil:

Getting agitated, YES! LIKE NOW!!!!;(

But freaked out? HA!:blah:

espn said:
Where's all the fun in photography nowadays when everybody is so worried about camera problems. :dunno:

Spend so much on a hobby, yet gets enslaved by it, where's the fun in it? :dunno: Just because some people gets a similar issue, a hoo-ha is made across internet and sets everybody panic-ing and end up not shooting anymore, just finding ways to make the problem appear so that they can send in for servicing and thinks that it won't happen to them again.

I can speak for myself..
The reason is the gadget syndrome. I am too busy talking about new cameras, new lenses, tripods..etc. I usually participate in discussions which are very equipment centric, dont bother reading discussions related to photo taking techniques. I want to upgrade to the new highly rated camera/lens to improve my images, rather than spending more time working on my technique. I spend more money on photography than I can afford. I am enquiring about about prices of equipment all the time. I believe people with better equipment, take better pictures.

Since I am so bothered about my equipment, I get naturally alarmed when I hear of things possibly going wrong with it and raise a lot of fuss about it. I am happy to sink money on expensive equipment and not make full use of it than to see it conking off.

I want to Buy Buy Buy and Collect Collect Collect.

I'm worrying how my project grade will turn out. :sweat:
:bsmilie:

I am using the same equipment and never exhibit any problem similar to those posted.....So I am thinking maybe my luck is ultra good...must be 观音妈保庇 (hokkian mode)....I suggest you guys visit 四马路 more frequent so that you have better luck on your next camera:sweatsm: Not that I want to boast....Even my 5 years old coolpix800 is still fine and dandy.....I drop it twice and broke the battery compartment cover and got it replaced.....can still shoot 2MP pic better than those handphone cam...sigh :sweat:

espn said:

Just like his way and words style in posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.