Why do you think people still use IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

laugh

Jun 2, 2003
Visit site
Im just curious. I mean, given all the vulnerabilities and loopholes, why do people still insist in using IE?

Or simply too lazy to download another browser?

What do you guys think?

have to use IE at times cuz certain sites are not firefox friendly ie. scripts cannot work, alignment problems... etc...

Netscape Navigator, Firefox, Opera, all better alternatives to IE.

Microsoft :thumbsd:

cos I find IE faster on my pc, and I have enough antispam, anti spyware etc...

and certain things I'm more used to on IE. (yes, I tried firefox... deleted it soon after.. ).

rusty said:
have to use IE at times cuz certain sites are not firefox friendly ie. scripts cannot work, alignment problems... etc...

try maxthon? it's IE based so i think it has some of the inherent weaknesses but it seems just as fast and it can handle pages firefox or opera cannot. and you have tabbed-browsing (i really cannot stand having so many open windows when using IE).

mr_jason said:
Netscape Navigator, Firefox, Opera, all better alternatives to IE.

Microsoft :thumbsd:
Kudo to netscape, I can't live without tab surfing now!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

loupgarou said:
cos I find IE faster on my pc, and I have enough antispam, anti spyware etc...

and certain things I'm more used to on IE. (yes, I tried firefox... deleted it soon after.. ).

Sometimes it not just about spyware, its about a fundamental flaw in IE.

I can unserstand the part about IE loading scripts properly (activeX also), becasue most pple design their sites with IE in mind.

Not to fuel the anti-microsoft fire (which i am against btw), but any more reasons why one should choose IE?

Coz some people are computer idiots. They just don't know how to use one properly. So they only use what's given to them.

IE preinstalled... others need to install... those who only use to surf casually wouldn't even care which browser they are using... and its even easier for tech support to just say... open your IE, u dunno?, ok follow me, click start, etc... rather than... u using firefox, netscape, or something else?

Because it's got Windows Update, and is the industry standard, and I'm familiar with the interface.

So far I have not experienced ANY security problems with IE. Of course, I update regularly (it's automatic nowadays) and I have firewall and antivirus.

Lazy and complacent? One browser is just a means to surf SO... if it surf, it works.

There's a better alternative always out there :)

* Okie, here's another scenerio for all to ponder upon: WHAT IF Microsoft OS comes preloaded with say... NETSCAPE? Hmm.. that's another story. But then again some are forced to use IE due to System admin restrictions that prevent them to have a 2nd option in the office

I think only those who takes surfing to the next level would care about what kind of browser they are using :D

StreetShooter said:
Because it's got Windows Update, and is the industry standard, and I'm familiar with the interface.

So far I have not experienced ANY security problems with IE. Of course, I update regularly (it's automatic nowadays) and I have firewall and antivirus.

I second this...so far I have 0 problem with IE6...I think people are too paranoid about security loop hole etc...M$ will not sit back and wait for disaster to struck.....I guess the FOC s/w will not have the same capacity and speed to counter any sort of security shortfall like M$ :thumbsup:

In my office...some of our in house applications will not work in other platform other than IE so that left us very little options :dunno: But we are happy with that as we do not need to take care of another software :devil:

giddygoat said:
try maxthon? it's IE based so i think it has some of the inherent weaknesses but it seems just as fast and it can handle pages firefox or opera cannot. and you have tabbed-browsing (i really cannot stand having so many open windows when using IE).
I've been using it since it first released as MyIE2. Great feature packed browser. :thumbsup:

I use IE, because Netscape/Firebird slows down my notebook. Sometimes it'll just load and load until it runs out of memory. But I hate the way IE just shoves the browser #2, #4 etc (when opening multiple browsers) in your face when ur working on browser #1. Very rude....

AReality said:
Coz some people are computer idiots. They just don't know how to use one properly. So they only use what's given to them.

Ironically, most computer and web professionals probably have to use IE to test their designs because it is "given to them" as a common denominator. It will be inaccurate to label these programmers as "computer idiots" when they write more lines of Java than the cups of Java coffee I drink.

For me, I use IE at work because it is the only browser authorised by my company.

At home, Firefox liberates me. :angel:

dennisc said:
I use IE, because Netscape/Firebird slows down my notebook. Sometimes it'll just load and load until it runs out of memory. But I hate the way IE just shoves the browser #2, #4 etc (when opening multiple browsers) in your face when ur working on browser #1. Very rude....

Hope M$ will solve this in IE7 :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.