"Why do you take my photographs w/o asking permission?!" to the extreme.

plasma

Nov 22, 2003
Ithaca, NY, USA
Visit site
Today I was in NYC, and i happened to take a photo of this ice-cream man in a truck selling ice-cream, and then I turned around and walked into a shopping mall. Later I was so surprised that the ice-cream man actually went into the mall and searched the two floors for me for 15mins! Well, he confronted me why I took his picture without asking him question, and he doesn't like that. He wanted to see my ID, so I showed him my sg driving license and told him that I'm a tourist. He was convinced and apologize and went back to selling ice-cream.

This shows that new-yorkers can be very serious when they meant that their photos are not to be taken w/o permission. In fact this is an interesting but frightening experience!

Here is our dear friend...
DSC_4755.jpg

p/s: I tot ice-cream man uncles are meant to be friendly, but ironically its not always the case.

Today I was in NYC, and i happened to take a photo of this ice-cream man in a truck selling ice-cream, and then I turned around and walked into a shopping mall. Later I was so surprised that the ice-cream man actually went into the mall and searched the two floors for me for 15mins! Well, he confronted me why I took his picture without asking him question, and he doesn't like that. He wanted to see my ID, so I showed him my sg driving license and told him that I'm a tourist. He was convinced and apologize and went back to selling ice-cream.

This shows that new-yorkers can be very serious when they meant that their photos are not to be taken w/o permission. In fact this is an interesting but frightening experience!

Here is our dear friend...
DSC_4755.jpg

p/s: I tot ice-cream man uncles are meant to be friendly, but ironically its not always the case.

Maybe he thought you were that "chinaman competition" who is spying on what he is selling and steal his business.

You didn't notice the swat team seated inside the van ready for the sting operation :D

he actually fancies you, it's a pretext to find out your address so he can show you his love when he visits singapore :)

It is probably a good practice to make request before taking any shots.
Especially a male photographer with a female subject.