why do you love taking photographs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Over the years, with the proliferation of digital cameras, we see more and more people buying, taking and posting photos. So care to share why do you love taking photographs? Is it it the urge to share with everyone what you see? A form of expression? Your passion in a particular subject? Let's hear from everyone.

Regards
CK

It allows me to tell the world what I want to say in the way which I want it to be.

ckiang said:
Hi,

Over the years, with the proliferation of digital cameras, we see more and more people buying, taking and posting photos. So care to share why do you love taking photographs? Is it it the urge to share with everyone what you see? A form of expression? Your passion in a particular subject? Let's hear from everyone.

Regards
CK

Irrelevant whether digital or analogue.

It is for people of few words to express their views.

Everyday, photographers or not, we're all witnesses to sights and emotions. Photography is an art that allows the witness to record and immortalize that moment. That is the simplistic beauty of it.

To capture beautiful things I see. Many a time, I see beautiful things, but caught without a camera, or just a PnS, not good enough to capture the moment in its full glory. A good example is a great colourful sunset.

To me taking photo is to freeze the moment and you have it forever.

Timber said:
It is for people of few words to express their views.
Ha ha...I sort of thought about that initially but hey if you are a people photographer then you better learn how to share your views man. It is only through communication that you get your subjects to open up to you. Basically, a good people photographer must be a people oriented person :)

you can hide behind the camera and take photos that interest you. It is basically a very selfish hobby.

Because I am a programmer, and too much coding has damaged my brain. Photography is a good way to unwind, no single line of coding needed, just adjust the camera settings, compose, snap, then relax and enjoy your work. :confused:

ortega said:
drawing/painting just takes too long....

click, click

Click Click.

And then Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop............................................................................................................Photoshop.............................................................................................................Photoshop...........................................................................................................................................

Like to talk, and photography allows me to talk to all sorts of interesting people, eg models, agents, clients, fellow photographers, camera shop boss :devil:

As a hobby:

It is relaxing and satisfying when I see the prints.

Does it apply to full time photographer ? ;)

Fun

Make me happy.

Love to take photos of pets, babies, kids and cheeful people

Shot to capture those Kodak moments

The clicking sound of shutter sound is like the bell ringing sound of cash register machine to me….

click, click, click = ting, ting, ting = $, $, $ :lovegrin:

student said:
Click Click.

And then Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop Photoshop............................................................................................................Photoshop.............................................................................................................Photoshop...........................................................................................................................................
ha, i too started out on film more than a decade ago, so i use minimal photoshop.
get it right on site!

To document and record everything i see in pixels...
The joy of getting a good shot is undescribable

A man gotta have a hobby somehow....down goes the bike..up comes the camera ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.