Why do you love me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperio

Dec 7, 2008
What do you really have to answer to your partner or rather what will you say to your partner?:)

What do you really have to answer to your partner or rather what will you say to your partner?:)

I had a friend whom 3 nights before his wedding, the wife-to-be asked him to be truthful and asked him just that. He was dumbfounded and had no answer to her. The wedding was almost trashed. It took many people to pulled it together and even then it was not entirely a happy one on that day.

Childhood sweetheart too...been together since school day till her graduated and worked a number of years but it was just so taken for granted that you partok and then after so many years it is time to get marry like going thru the motion just like everyone does...that in the end he got no answer to why he does love her or not or why they should married.

Been together so long ....so have to marry lah. That kind of mentality. Not even sure now if it lasted. It has been years. First love to each other too. Prior to this a year before the marriage, he strayed a few times and tasted other women as he found success in his career and this geeky nerd once ignored since young but by this also nerdy girl has now more choices then in younger days.

Last edited:
I had a friend whom 3 nights before his wedding, the wife-to-be asked him to be truthful and asked him just that. He was dumbfounded and had no answer to her. The wedding was almost trashed. It took many people to pulled it together and even then it was not entirely a happy one on that day.

Childhood sweetheart too...been together since school day till her graduated and worked a number of years but it was just so taken for granted that you partok and then after so many years it is time to get marry like going thru the motion just like everyone does...that in the end he got no answer to why he does love her or not or why they should married.

Been together so long ....so have to marry lah. That kind of mentality. Not even sure now if it lasted. It has been years. First love to each other too. Prior to this a year before the marriage, he strayed a few times and tasted other women as he found success in his career and this geeky nerd once ignored since young but by this also nerdy girl has now more choices then in younger days.

Had that similiar experience with a friend of mine too.....same case as want to get married because been together "LONG ENOUGH" to be married. Silly and immatured thinking. At the end of the day.......they delayed their wedding dinner and ROM, took another 2 years to REALLY know each other...........found out each other's negative side, trash things out and GOT married after that.

Too many couples take things for granted thinking by staying together long enough is good enough to be together. I have friends who got married within 1 year of courtship but they really got to know each other as they pay attention not only at their work but also their relationship.

It's all about balancing your life and responsibilty to make sure you head the right direction.

It takes 2 hands to clap....

1) Em ... why not? (Too Ah beng)
2) Because you complete me ?? (Cheesy)
3) There is no one reason for my love for you..... It's the total sum of our experiences together that gives me the confidence to say "I love you". (Seem to work on my ex wife)
4) Why I love you is because in your eyes I see forever...... (Vomit)

Ok... If you have to ask this question here, I think you have to first ask yourself if you really love your other partner. Because model answers are great for the short term until you don't live up to your words,... then it's going to be the **** house for you.

If I Say it.... I will Do it.... My simple Motto. (So I try not to say too much.)

There is no Why... there is no simple answer. If there was, the whole world will be a better place. No model answers...

But if she ever ask you if she looks fat in her dress... Lie.

If the guy/girl you love can't answer that questions, or if you can't even answer that question,it's better off they break up. Sad story these days, too many people settle or get married for the wrong reasons (been together so long already lah, HDB lah, etc).

I say, " better to be single for the rest of your life, then marry the wrong one"
Coz you'll always have that nagging feeling dead in your heart or a the back of your mind everything you get into an argument, " what could have happened if I had waited for the right one"

Hey, let's not discount, it can also be a gift to be single.

Why do you love me?
Cos your dad's rich

But really, I've been asked that question before. My answer was pretty cheesy, since I can be a cheesy guy.

I answered: how do I start? Wow think it'll take all night... well first I love the way you smile, it brightens up my day and nights, your pinkish lips... definitely, taste like strawberry, you're a great dresser and ohya, have a great taste in guys (implies to me, then we laughed), your personality, though can be stubborn at times and that makes you the more irresistible to me, etc, etc

Actually I didn't get to finish the points when she grabbed me and... -up to your imagination- :bsmilie:

Lesson?

Better have a 'safe' answer ALWAYS prepared before-hand, and one that hopefully is true.

But this actually high-lights something ... do a lot of people actually know why they make such-and-such life-changing decisions?

As for the rest ...

Last edited:
The ultimate problem with people is that they jump straight into wooing after the other party soon after meeting them.More often than not and I dare place my bet,it's a "love at first sight" kind of fall head over heels.Love?It's really lust under the sheep skin.
To begin with,Love isn't a feeling.It's a choice of commitment irregardless of fleeting emotions.The falling out of a relationship after the driving emotion fails to take pilot is the greatest attestment to such edvidences.
But jumping straight into a relationship,both party are setting themselve up for potential future hurts.
And in the relationship,the focus is pretty much on the physical aspect and intimacy instead of the bonding via charecter understanding.
None take the time to know the charecter and personality of one another.A good foundation would begin by knowing and interacting with that other party for more than 8 mnths.Sounds long but we're talking about life long decision.Well,at least to me,the only reason why one should get into a relationship is because they want to work towards a life time commitment with the person whom they're courting.
My time is too precious to be wasted on meaningless human relationships.People should stop wasting the time of each other if they're just gonna get into a relationship to 'learn' and do water testing.

The ultimate problem with people is that they jump straight into wooing after the other party soon after meeting them.More often than not and I dare place my bet,it's a "love at first sight" kind of fall head over heels.Love?It's really lust under the sheep skin.
To begin with,Love isn't a feeling.It's a choice of commitment irregardless of fleeting emotions.The falling out of a relationship after the driving emotion fails to take pilot is the greatest attestment to such edvidences.
But jumping straight into a relationship,both party are setting themselve up for potential future hurts.
And in the relationship,the focus is pretty much on the physical aspect and intimacy instead of the bonding via charecter understanding.
None take the time to know the charecter and personality of one another.A good foundation would begin by knowing and interacting with that other party for more than 8 mnths.Sounds long but we're talking about life long decision.Well,at least to me,the only reason why one should get into a relationship is because they want to work towards a life time commitment with the person whom they're courting.
My time is too precious to be wasted on meaningless human relationships.People should stop wasting the time of each other if they're just gonna get into a relationship to 'learn' and do water testing.

*clap clap clap* Highly agree!!!!

Dennisc - yeah pretty cheesy! Surprised she didn't ask the next question - how does that make me special. There are other girls with the same physical attributes and I'm sure there are other stubborn girls. What's SPECIAL about me that nobody else has?

I would add another word to it which is "Responsibilty" which many run away from.

This 2 words "Responsibilty" and "Commitment" which many young men and women run away from. They are never prepared and will never be as too many parents spoiled their kids. You have mummy's boy and daddy's girl all the time. Young Singaporeans on the whole is really too spoiled since day one........of course not all are like that but numbers have been on the rise.....

Why is that so? Well as a freelance wedding photographer for friends and clients, I have seen a lot of this. Some of my photographer friends says exactly the same thing........

I just covered a wedding where the girl is richer than the husband. She stays in a bungalow landed property near Hougang area and he stays in a 3 room HDB flat with his lonely mom at Serangoon. After they got married, she refuse to stay at his home. Force him to stay with her her dad's house. His mom is left alone at home most of the time. Sad story.......

My ex GF asked me that question.

I told her..
because you are so beautiful and i think of you every now and then.
because i love to hug you...and then i bedded her for the 1st time that day.

and the rest become history after she told me "i don't love you" :eek:

:thumbsup: good comment!
well, i believed lots of young couples out there are testing waters themselves...

:thumbsup: good comment!
well, i believed lots of young couples out there are testing waters themselves...

some tested too much water....lots of unmarried singles now....

There are such situations that people will say for me to love you, there is not need for a reason.:think:

to make calculating simple, there's 4 million people in Singapore.
minus away 2 million are guys
minus away 1 million are children
minus away 500k are handicapped and elderly
to have met you in the remaining 500k, it means that you're the one for me and i should love you.

-.-

Is it that difficult to answer?

1) Love is blind, there is no special reason to love you cos I love for who you are.
2) You make my life completes, without you, everyday feels aimless.
3) I love the way you make me smile, and I wish that your smile will be forever there for me
4) There is no reason why I love you. I just want to spend the rest of my life with you sharing joy and sorrows together till the end of life
5) You are my light in the darkness who make me walk out of my shadows, and I also wants to be your light in your darkness and never let you step into darkness again.
6) I do not know why I love you, but I want you to go through the rainy days with you and see the rainbows till forever.

Is it that difficult to answer?

1) Love is blind, there is no special reason to love you cos I love for who you are.
2) You make my life completes, without you, everyday feels aimless.
3) I love the way you make me smile, and I wish that your smile will be forever there for me
4) There is no reason why I love you. I just want to spend the rest of my life with you sharing joy and sorrows together till the end of life
5) You are my light in the darkness who make me walk out of my shadows, and I also wants to be your light in your darkness and never let you step into darkness again.
6) I do not know why I love you, but I want you to go through the rainy days with you and see the rainbows till forever.

cliche cliche cliche. doesn't really show anything. but then....some gals get satisfied so easily....

Status
Not open for further replies.