Why do you like your normal lens?

What's your recommendation for a normal lens for a crop sensor camera?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertsy2

Jul 22, 2009
Normal lens means 50mm on a full frame camera, and about 30mm on a crop body.

Hmm....i didn't realized i was using abnormal lenses all this while......

but back to your question, i guess it's because they mimic human's field of view...so looks more natural

Last edited:
The 50mm field of view is usually said to be most similar to the human eyes' FOV.

But why 35mm lenses are used on a crop factor body is because it gives an almost 50mm equivalent FOV as a 35mm FF camera.

I like it cos I can take pictures with it. :)

i use 50mm on cropped body.. is my lens abnormal or am i abnormal..?

Aiyo, let's just say "standard" instead of "normal", shall we?

Normal or standard refers to the size of the subject/object at a certain viewing distance
of the subject/object from the human eye.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a normal lens on my crop sensor camera. Any suggestions?

You started a new thread that'll be discussing the same thing. What is your point in doing that? You could have just asked the same question in there.

You started a new thread that'll be discussing the same thing. What is your point in doing that? You could have just asked the same question in there.

What are you talking about?

What is he, the bandwidth police?

"She" doesn't understand English, apparently.

What is he, the bandwidth police?

we have this thing against spamming... you are essentially posting the same question twice. for such offence, the usual penalty is de-registration. so, before you go shooting off your mouth, read this... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/faqs-feedback/63954-clubsnaps-updated-terms-use.html

since it is still chinese new year, i will let it slide.

threads merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.