Why do we like to take pictures? What is the purpose???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octane69

Jan 10, 2005
Singapore
www.ukayphotography.com
Why do we like to take pictures? what is the purpose of spending time n money to get some pictures of stangers that mostly never become friends... just curious about the answers from each one of u... :think:

huh? :dunno: isn't kopitiam getting stranger everyday..

anyway, I rarely or very seldom take pictures of strangers unless they have something that catches my eyes. So I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

Why do we like to take pictures? what is the purpose of spending time n money to get some pictures of stangers that mostly never become friends... just curious about the answers from each one of u... :think:
Because I want to, because I can, because I like to.

I guess my main purpose is to capture and store memories.. And if possible capture the beautiful things in life..

i see.... i think i get what you're driving at.

I'll say that I'll just want something to document this frame of time where I am at, at this very place I'm standing, people wear, this and did that. later on just 5-10years down the road looking at it again will give you some smiles to yourself "that was fashionable then? man..." :bsmilie:

I think you are refering to why do people take street or/and candid photography.

just like why people cannot understand why I shoot butterflies..

I think you are refering to why do people take street or/and candid photography.
Street candids of strangers ... rarely, but do it when I am travelling. I found it the most intimate way to record experiences from a trip.

:think: why you shoot butterfly leh?
eh......:think: i think butterfly quite chio leh.. sounds gay a not har?

why don't you shoot chio bu? like many others?
If they don't wear anything and have wings maybe I will ;p i shoot chio bu all the time, but I don't pay to shoot them ;p

eh......:think: i think butterfly quite chio leh.. sounds gay a not har?

If they don't wear anything and have wings maybe I will ;p i shoot chio bu all the time, but I don't pay to shoot them ;p
don't wear anything and have wings? pay money loh.

i like to stare at my camera and lenses in my dri cabi.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.