Why do ppl go to car shows, sitex, comex etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrOo

May 18, 2006
senGkanG
As above, what actually attracts ppl to go to these exhibitions? Or rather for what reasons will you go there?

As above, what actually attracts ppl to go to these exhibitions? Or rather for what reasons will you go there?
Last time I attend Sitex / Comex (those IT exhibitions) as a hardware hobbylist ;p. Now go there, still look at abit of hardware (still can't resist), then go Shoot Shoot Shoot around (no resistance) !!!

Carshows? Hmmmm, if its like motorshow, which is there for a week, will go shoot LOTS of models then shoot SOME cars :).

FOR ME

Car show: To watch car and accessories which I am interested on.

Sitex/Comex: Go only if I need to buy something.

Look at ClubSnap forums coverage of those events!

ZAR BOR MODEL!

no money to pay for models shoot, thats why use these opportunities to practise my photography skill...

Why else! SITEX! I go there to buy hardware~! Isn't that what it is?
and yes, that's what I did! buy buy buy

I only go for those IT shows when i need stuff like storage/mem cards or any other acessories that i might need. Those car shows dont intrest me much.

Last time I attend Sitex / Comex (those IT exhibitions) as a hardware hobbylist ;p. Now go there, still look at abit of hardware (still can't resist), then go Shoot Shoot Shoot around (no resistance) !!!

Carshows? Hmmmm, if its like motorshow, which is there for a week, will go shoot LOTS of models then shoot SOME cars :).

Haha.. i've saw you several times when i'm working at the nikon booth during commex. Anyway do you ask the model to change pose or they'll change it themselves? And have you encounter times where the organiser of the booth stop the photographer from demanding this and that.

There are special offers. e.g. memory cards, portable hard disk.
Usually they use a microphone to anounce it and sell maybe 20 pieces at special price.

I like to see the small little stalls at the periphery.
They may have some strange IT stuff that one never can find in big stores like Challenger, South Asia or Sim Lim shops.

Nowadays, big names like Canon or Nikon do not need to take part. The middle man like Harvey Norman will set up big stalls in the centre and sell Canon and /or Nikon at separate stalls.

Motoshow = See more of cars that you dun usually see on street. Ok.. how about touch them or even go nearer.

Comex/ Sitex = walk ard to see what offer do they have. Especially HP and memory cards.

There are special offers. e.g. memory cards, portable hard disk.
Usually they use a microphone to anounce it and sell maybe 20 pieces at special price.

I like to see the small little stalls at the periphery.
They may have some strange IT stuff that one never can find in big stores like Challenger, South Asia or Sim Lim shops.

Nowadays, big names like Canon or Nikon do not need to take part. The middle man like Harvey Norman will set up big stalls in the centre and sell Canon and /or Nikon at separate stalls.

Agree with you.. normally for CF and SD cards i'll go straight to those small stores and like what you say, they have those funny new new stuff that's hard to find elsewhere

Sea sea rook rook.

For me I see the prices of stuff, not the actual stuff.:bsmilie:

go car show to take pic of gals as i dun like cars

go sitex to buy computer accessories.

no money to pay for models shoot, thats why use these opportunities to practise my photography skill...

:thumbsup: Thats what i think too. Its a good way to learn to shoot models. Especially those shopping centres got model shows for the shoppers to see!

Other than that, got IT shows see if theres any good deals on any IT stuffs lor.
Car shows - Was obsessed with concept cars but now is like getting fewer and fewer concept cars. Just wonder would any organiser bring in Mc Laren Mercedes or Mc Laren F1. :dunno:

S'poreans generally got nowhere to go, nothing to do. So when a big event like this is held, it's like bees to honey. There is always the promise of good deals, freebies and booth babes.

When booth babes first appeared, I thought they were quite chio. But lately, the standard has dropped drastically. It seems that as long as you're a skinny girl who's willing to wear their trashy costumes, like that can liao. Seriously, some really CMI man.

And as for bargains, are they really? Maybe certain computer peripherals, or smaller products like never-heard-before-brands of mp3 players, 3rd-party ink refills. For cameras? I don't think so. Most of the camera booths there are actually run by retail shops like Harvey Norman or Cathay, Song Bros, etc. I think it's better to go down to a competing shop away from the expo and you might just get a better deal (as was the case when I bought my very first DSLR).

But above all, THE most important reason why I choose not to go is that I absolutely hate crowds.

eh one thing to take note ar,
when those "no brand" comapnies offer "high speed" cards,
make sure u test the speed on ur camera and compare it to that of a kingston's
What happened to me that day was i got conned,
PenDrive Ultra High Speed 120x was 2 times as slow comapred to a Kingston's 50x
Luckily managed to get a refund...;p

take care out there guys.

yup! but seriously speaking if there isn't such kind of fairs going on in singapore,our yearly revenues will also be in one way or another crippled and therefore there is such stuff ongoing for years to woo the consumers which are our fella singaporeans.but afterall,if there isn't such an interesting event going on,life will be more dull and boring lo :bsmilie:

I don't go to those sai-tex, con-mex or simi-ex because the "bargains" there all pian lang eh.
Crowded some more.
I don't go to car shows either, but I believe (from what I heard from friends and colleagues who go ) most go for the girls as much as (or more than) for the cars.

I wonder if they manage to sell many cars at the car show.
Has anyone here bought a car at the car show?

I wonder if they manage to sell many cars at the car show.
Has anyone here bought a car at the car show?

my friend did bought a car from the last car show, he went there cause you can see most of the cars he wanted to buy there so dont have to go to different places.

Status
Not open for further replies.