Why do people think Singaporeans are rich and must subsidize their country's roads?

How neighborly of MLY ? !

They are charging us a higher toll charge inorder to pay for THEIR new highway. DUH !

Are we suckers ? !
We must respond by increasing the toll charge for all incoming Malaysian cars ! ! !

:thumbsup:

They are charging us a higher toll charge inorder to pay for THEIR new highway. DUH !

Are we suckers ? !
We must respond by increasing the toll charge for all incoming Malaysian cars ! ! !

basically we are the loser when comes to this. they have the land mass.

Why... Because S'porean 'asking' for it lor.

* We want to pump cheap petrol.
* We want to eat cheap Makan.
* We want to buy cheap Rice, Coffee/Milk/Coca Powder, Sugar.. etc
* We want to have 'cheap' entertainment...

They have rise toll, make it difficult for cars to enter, last minute change rules regarding the 'White Card'... and even once awhile, forgot to stamp your passport... and yet S'porean jam pack the Causeway and 2nd Link every weekend.... therefore, how could S'porean NOT be 'asking' for it... :think:

they see eye red red that their policemen, thugs and gangsters are profiting from Sg visitors ...... this is their way of getting in on the action too lol

Last edited:

Are we suckers ? !

We should charge them double for using our MRT.

Then SMRT will have money to fixed the tracks.

hmmm singapore's already charging foreign-registered vehicles $20 for day pass during entry.

Why... Because S'porean 'asking' for it lor.

* We want to pump cheap petrol.
* We want to eat cheap Makan.
* We want to buy cheap Rice, Coffee/Milk/Coca Powder, Sugar.. etc
* We want to have 'cheap' entertainment...

They have rise toll, make it difficult for cars to enter, last minute change rules regarding the 'White Card'... and even once awhile, forgot to stamp your passport... and yet S'porean jam pack the Causeway and 2nd Link every weekend.... therefore, how could S'porean NOT be 'asking' for it... :think:

Cheap camera and lens too!

they complain but still go into malaysia on a frequent basis.

sorry but this singaporean attitude is bulls!it :bsmilie:

complain but still do it anyways. much like a grudge

Every country is free to set their own rule. For example, SG car drive into MY, pay no equivalent VEP fees. MY car drive in SG, has to pay SGD20 VEP fees a day.

Those who respect SG LTA decision and are willing pay SGD20 VEP, they would drive in. Those who do not agree, then stay away. What is the issue ?

Malaysians no need to pay.

Singaporeans, the moment you enter MLY in a vehicle, you pay regardless of whether you use this new Johor road or not.

MY car driver pay road tax, the road tax go to governement for road maintenance. SG driver only pay road tax to LTA, but LTA does not pay $ to MY govern to maintenance the road in JB. It is indeed MY car owner has been sponsoring SG vehicle entering in MY.

LMAO!! I totally agree with you!

Frankly speaking if you don't like something then either boycott it or vote against it. Malaysia charges more because they know that Singaporeans will only complain yet still enter their country daily as per normal.

they complain but still go into malaysia on a frequent basis.

sorry but this singaporean attitude is bulls!it :bsmilie:

complain but still do it anyways. much like a grudge

I concur, Malaysia is a sovereign country and we have to respect their laws when we visit the country.

We can happily drive around Singapore if do not want to pay and ease the congestion at the causeway.

Every country is free to set their own rule. For example, SG car drive into MY, pay no equivalent VEP fees. MY car drive in SG, has to pay SGD20 VEP fees a day.

Those who respect SG LTA decision and are willing pay SGD20 VEP, they would drive in. Those who do not agree, then stay away. What is the issue ?

Not their fault. A nation has to protect their own citizens. Too bad for Singaporeans. Kena makan in homeland and overseas too!

Not their fault. A nation has to protect their own citizens. Too bad for Singaporeans. Kena makan in homeland and overseas too!

Don't own a vehicle and problem solve....

* No ERP, Road Tax or COE in S'pore
* No Toll Fee in Malaysia

And Yes... Malaysia have every right to decide how they want to charge users using their roads... So, if S'porean still wants to drive into Malaysia... then you are just asking for it.

Because some ppl is so rich, they don't need to work and only post complaints in kopitiam LOL

Yes, each country can set its rules. Singaporeans can decide not to go/go less in view of this. Is the VEP is meant to close the COE loophole of foreign registered cars? In view of the rising COE, should increase the VEP, say to $100. Then likewise, they can decide not to come. Especially the tens of thousands each morning.

Last edited: