Why do people like to list down their equipments inside their signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorable

Jun 8, 2009
Bury Road
Until now I still dun know why leh. :dunno:

cos this a camera / photography forum mah..

in psp hacks forum ppl put their psp model, chipset and wad firmware they used since they bought.. haha.

Because that will give others a little bit more information on who you are. Of course, Owning the camera or lenses doesn't mean you automatically become a great photographer. However, the information does help when people read your posts and will have a better idea where you come from. e.g. having experience with a certain camera body or lenses.

cos this a camera / photography forum mah..

in psp hacks forum ppl put their psp model, chipset and wad firmware they used since they bought.. haha.
So if I'm a member of a medical forum, do I start listing the dimension of my anatomical body parts as my signature? :think:
I'm sure people would be interested to know the size of certain off limit areas.

Last edited:
nothing wrong, if really make ones feel better that way, just let it be..

as for me, I think it is better to showcase my finish works instead of all my hammers, pliers, saw, workbench etc.. :)

so adorable...

I think so too now you say it. :bsmilie:

wink-cute-asian-girl-260x380.jpg

so easy u dnt know meh. it's for pple to hao lian and others to borrow from them ;p

Why do people like to list down their equipments inside their signature?

I think some Aliens have infiltrated CS.

They use the names and models of their equipments as codes for communication e.g.

EOS 400D = "East of Singapore can find 400 dandy boys." :bsmilie:

Gear Measurbation (wa***ng)...

Last edited:
I'll change mine to my bank account number & password & show the balance that I have ;p

sometimes it just helps.

example : you post a question for people to answer and you only post GENERIC queestions. "help something is wrong with my camera. i shot and my off shoe flash didnt fire. anyone can help? "

it helps when people read and see the sig, oh he's using XX with XX flash. what are the possibilities etc rather than wait for the TS to reply back which can be a few hours

When I get my Canon 7D, I will put that in my signature. :devil:

becos some feels it is cool, some feels shiok, some feels other wise, maybe adorable.......

nothing wrong, if really make ones feel better that way, just let it be..

as for me, I think it is better to showcase my finish works instead of all my hammers, pliers, saw, workbench etc.. :)

Because they are the proud owner of their gears than their finish works.;p

Until now I still dun know why leh.

Why? Bragging rights......irregardless whether one can take photo or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.