Why do people like to list down their equipments inside their signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is better to list down your equipment to facilitate discussion. Others will know your preferences better. If not, just list it down in your personal profile, so that others can refer to it if they care. I have brothas PM-ing me on the performance of specific lenses and cameras that I own and we exchange ideas. This is the objective of the forum...to exchange information on how to take better pictures using our equipment.

Because brand wars are pointless. See my sig. ;)

to have a better sense of the "enemy" hahahaha

aiya, u go hardware forum also the same , ppl will state their rig.... interesting stuff hahaha

aiya, u go hardware forum also the same , ppl will state their rig.... interesting stuff hahaha

LOL then I can do my signature like:

holiday & travel light: my chick-magnet pink asus netbook (cos they run out of other colour and left with pink only!)
holiday & still wana play games: my heavy trusty rusty sticky-keyboard 5 yr old compaq notebook
at home: salvaged parts self-rig pc (cant remember all the component but motherboard is asus for sure)
in office: uh.. dell
in server room: one of those sun machines as app server, a bigger sun box for database, some old clunky server still running win2k cos the old apps functionality not yet ported to new apps...

in Sammy Boy forum, what's people signature then? :think:

LOL then I can do my signature like:

holiday & travel light: my chick-magnet pink asus netbook (cos they run out of other colour and left with pink only!)
holiday & still wana play games: my heavy trusty rusty sticky-keyboard 5 yr old compaq notebook
at home: salvaged parts self-rig pc (cant remember all the component but motherboard is asus for sure)
in office: uh.. dell
in server room: one of those sun machines as app server, a bigger sun box for database, some old clunky server still running win2k cos the old apps functionality not yet ported to new apps...

... ya wana start listing you "life-cycle" har :p

i see the TS as being jealous in starting this thread.
Then start your own thread with:

Why people Don't list down their equipments inside their signature? :bsmilie:

So if I'm a member of a medical forum, do I start listing the dimension of my anatomical body parts as my signature? :think:
I'm sure people would be interested to know the size of certain off limit areas.

Am also into the medical thingy, thats why you can see 10pints of beer below.......... :D

i think he has a valid point

at web size, who the hell cares what equipment is being used to make the photograph

photography forum sure people like to show what gear they have... its party of the fun sometimes right?

i was previously active on a guitar forum, and yes people love to list their entire collection of gear although it technically has little to do with their music making ability.

forums are like that la... hardwarezone forum, they like to list their hardware rig set up - what processor la, what gpu la.

if purely a photography forum, then perhaps we should ban all the talk about gear and only display photos and critique on each photo that's all - much like an art forum. but before u know it, the conversation will trickle down to what equipment/set-up u use to capture this and that.

So if I'm a member of a medical forum, do I start listing the dimension of my anatomical body parts as my signature? :think:
I'm sure people would be interested to know the size of certain off limit areas.

I watched Korean drama , medical show, that when the doctor passed and ready to be a surgeon, he will be given a golden scalp knife as present. So he can put that item into his signature.

photography forum sure people like to show what gear they have... its party of the fun sometimes right?

very fun meh

wa you got pentax k20d

wa i got nikon d3

after a while also sian

Die... if I list all my accessories too, people will think I am a china-man.:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.