night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
i can understand ask what settings

what flash arrangement, etc

whether gnd filters were used; these are fine

but why do people want to know what camera model was used? :dunno:

People are always looking for that magic camera that'll do it all, just hit the shutter photo will turn out great that sort of thing.

They forget it's never about the camera. A good photog can take a great photo with a Kodak Brownie.

and a underwater disposable camera can take better pictures if u go close enuf, than a dSLR + strobe 2 metres away....if u get my point.

Not only the camera model, at times ppl also ask what lense / settings used. Does these really matter so much in making a good photo? If we find the photo is nice shouldn't we study the composition and ponder what makes the photo works instead bothering over what cam / lense / settings etc is used? :rolleyes:

quite normal to ask. nothing wrong at all.
just curiosity.
in case he uses same as you then can have good sharing on techie aspect of the product.

I noticed some photographers always have the habit of noticing what camera body and lens someone use whenever they saw unofficial photographers shooting at events. :bsmilie:

2 words. Kia Su.

i guess most people always think that "a good/expensive camera will give instant good result".... :dunno:

People are always looking for that magic camera that'll do it all, just hit the shutter photo will turn out great that sort of thing.

They forget it's never about the camera. A good photog can take a great photo with a Kodak Brownie.

I have a Brownie. You might get a inspiring image with it but it'll be more fuzzy than you can imagine, most of the time. :sweatsm:

I think some people are just inquisitive but others have a brand-promoting agenda at all times, so they ask. Equipment collectors also care, but true photographers rarely do. It's only the photography that counts.

i can understand ask what settings

what flash arrangement, etc

whether gnd filters were used; these are fine

but why do people want to know what camera model was used? :dunno:
it's actually a compliment to you, IMO, because that person cannot believe that you can produce such a nice photo yourself and at the same time, obviously he doesnt know much about photography to have to ask you those questions ..... :think:

Composition p3nws all.

After all, is one gonna ask what brand of Pen or PC does Jeffery Archer uses to write his novels right?

Same logic goes. Composition wins the day, not the brand. Equipment complements skill but does not make up if skill is minimal or absent.

seldum the case

maye not instunt, but it does help GREATLY

i guess most people always think that "a good/expensive camera will give instant good result".... :dunno:

Ask yourself: do have u have the habit of noticing other's photographer's camera brand?

Maybe it's a second nature of a photographer?

Whats wrong? A cook also wants to know which brand of cooking oil, ingredients other chef are using also.

sorry, in this case your analogy vastly fails

in this case the cook cannot quite modify his food after it is finally prepared

whereas there is photoshop <3 <3 <3

take for example, colors produced by good lens and colors produced by not so good lens - if you spend enough time you can probably achieve the same thing so long as the not so good lens is not horrible

if got cui oil and good oil, you sit there for 8000 years and tweak the taste also no use

Status
Not open for further replies.