why do people ask what equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess most people always think that "a good/expensive camera will give instant good result".... :dunno:

maye not instunt, but it does help GREATLY

Agree! If a camera takes NO credit.... I wonder why serious photographers would pay thousands of dollars for a top of the range camer.

It is not ALL about the camera, or it may not MAINLY be the camera... but it may have some bearings

just my 2cts

i can understand ask what settings

what flash arrangement, etc

whether gnd filters were used; these are fine

but why do people want to know what camera model was used? :dunno:

Maybe the want to check out then they make sure they wouldnt buy that model?

So far seem like no one ask me before leh....... i think only Pros will get this problem:bsmilie:

Agree! If a camera takes NO credit.... I wonder why serious photographers would pay thousands of dollars for a top of the range camer.

It is not ALL about the camera, or it may not MAINLY be the camera... but it may have some bearings

just my 2cts
there are 2 reasons

speed of camera, and image quality, as well as expended features

i dare say, for 80-90% of pictures out there, you don't need a top of the range camera to do hor

there are 2 reasons

i dare say, for 80-90% of pictures out there, you don't need a top of the range camera to do hor

It not about top range..... it about getting the bigger one will be better. I am looking for a 8x10in camera to shoot my dog. :sweat:

It not about top range..... it about getting the bigger one will be better. I am looking for a 8x10in camera to shoot my dog. :sweat:

if it is big enough

you can use it to keep your dog too :bsmilie::bsmilie:

you don't really get my point right, there is no point asking about my point of view

since you are adamant that i have a point of view in the first place, which i do, but you are not me, can you be sure? :bsmilie:

1. Your point of view is obvious from your posts.

2. As others have noted, you're here to enforce your point of view.

3. While almost everyone has an opinion, if one is genuinely interested in soliciting people's opinions, spirit of enquiry and an open mind should prevail, and one should not try to force one's opinions on others.

there are 2 reasons

1. Your point of view is obvious from your posts.

2. As others have noted, you're here to enforce your point of view.

3. While almost everyone has an opinion, if one is genuinely interested in soliciting people's opinions, spirit of enquiry and an open mind should prevail, and one should not try to force one's opinions on others.

Forget it, waileong, should never try to change his FIXED and ENFORCED mindset. He already thinks that it is a waste of time and $$ getting new cams. He thinks skills is everything. Getting bigger, better cams are not what a REAL photographers should do.

Oh yes, there is still a tiny weeny fine line between good and so call bad pictures. A lomo pic is consider "artistic" but it breaks all conventional rules of photography. Does that means its a bad pic? You keep emphasizing a simple cam can take great pics, but how do you justify good or bad? Wherelse a good cam are tested a proven by facts.

Ever wonder why in many competitions, the judges always want to know, 1) who is the photographer/profile, and 2)type of camera used? .... :think:

Forget it, waileong, should never try to change his FIXED and ENFORCED mindset. He already thinks that it is a waste of time and $$ getting new cams. He thinks skills is everything. Getting bigger, better cams are not what a REAL photographers should do.

Thanks. I'm not here to change his mindset.

Because they need to know and you are entitled to answer. If you don't, these poor folks will keep wondering and not get a good night's rest. It affects their daily lives you know so be nice. It does not take a lot of muscle to type to extra brand and model number. ;) I used to keep the text somewhere for me to copy and paste.

PS: Hey man, today's weather is sunny and cloudy. Low tide during sunset too! What a great combination for weekend landscape shooters.

i notice that it is quite simple,

there are two groups

most of the balanced mindset (who can take both views) and the ones who believe more in skill, generally either do not post much, or post a lot of picture threads

most of the gearheads will post up a lot of wts/wtb threads

just do a search of a member like this one, and you will see, all wts wts wtb wtb :) :bsmilie::bsmilie: what can i say? :bsmilie:

Oh yes, there is still a tiny weeny fine line between good and so call bad pictures. A lomo pic is consider "artistic" but it breaks all conventional rules of photography. Does that means its a bad pic? You keep emphasizing a simple cam can take great pics, but how do you justify good or bad? Wherelse a good cam are tested a proven by facts.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

so what? you give a chimpanzee the best camera in the world, he is going to take good pictures, is that your point?

very easy to come in and justify your own point of views

@waileong: did i say i wanted to be objective here? this thread is meant to make a statement, and it shall.

Thanks. I'm not here to change his mindset.
good, because it will be a lost cause.

the amount of gearheads flooding their own grievances in response gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.. especially those saying that people without higher end cameras cannot afford it. that is the worst logic i have seen so far, and it only serves to reinforce my views that people are really too in love with lenses rather than what they were designed for in the first place.

since we seem to have touched some sensitive nerves, we shall point out happily that most good shooters here who post regularly use entry level dslrs, thereby driving my point home.. that sometimes people get so obsessed with gear that they don't really know what's going on.

someone in a photographic magazine did a writeup on this.. because of the proliferation of ads, and exposure, and the fact that the amount of effort needed to take a picture, as well as the wonderful misconceptions of the public.. more and more people are getting dslrs.. only to shoot on auto. :dunno:
Because they need to know and you are entitled to answer. If you don't, these poor folks will keep wondering and not get a good night's rest. It affects their daily lives you know so be nice. It does not take a lot of muscle to type to extra brand and model number. ;) I used to keep the text somewhere for me to copy and paste.

PS: Hey man, today's weather is sunny and cloudy. Low tide during sunset too! What a great combination for weekend landscape shooters.

good! i should be coming back soon to take advantage of the improved weather. here is.. perpetually gloomy, though when the sun is out, it is beautiful :)

From the Pros themselves.

Have you seen a Pro carrying a small camera? :bsmilie:

actually a lot of famous street/war photographers who are professionals use small cameras :)

even those who are living. can't really remember their names offhand, but maybe their images

Status
Not open for further replies.