Why do alot of sellers think that getting a full frame camera is an upgrade?

Btw ..for me full frame has its merits.
Most of the time I am happy with my Fuji crop sensor.
But when I am shooting events ... I sometime wish I have a full frame.

Other then that i enjoy the smaller and lighter setup the crop sensor mirrorless fuji system offers :)

Weight and mobility is very important for me now as I have some rsi injuries

And yes it is possible to take amazing photo with small sensor.
Saw some amazing work with OMD em5. A camera I once complain about poor ISO performance. Shame on me.

Last edited:
To play on the old adage 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' I say 'you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think' LOL I hear what you say TS.

Believe me ang moh are most definitely obsessed with full frame upgrade too...and nowadays most westerners couldn't hold a candle to you Singapore bros when it comes to using cameras. Trust me on this one...hahaha

Relax, don't fight it... :)

Last edited:
To play on the old adage 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' I say 'you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think' LOL I hear what you say TS.

Believe me ang moh are most definitely obsessed with full frame upgrade too...and nowadays most westerners couldn't hold a candle to you Singapore bros when it comes to using cameras. Trust me on this one...hahaha

Relax, don't fight it... :)

bush_borg.jpg

It's not always an upgrade when going full frame. One might say he's upgrading from 6D to 7DII cos he needs the autofocus and speed of the 7DII

Firstly, let me thank you for stepping out and bring out some food for thought.

Its really nothing new.
There are so many types of people out there.
Different income levels, different skill levels, different aptitude to picking up the skills, different amount of personal time and stage of life).
So who is to determine what is right for anyone.

Just use what you feel is better.
The APS-C vs FF thing has been argued to death.

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;PHYidejT3KY]http://youtu.be/PHYidejT3KY[/video]

Can't resist posting this since we are on this topic :)
Like the way he put it.... It is the moron behind the camera that matters

Its also the sponsor behind his message that matters :p I repect this guy's work, i attended his talks and found it very entertaining, but of late i'm losing respect for him.

The video description admited it himself, he used to champion full frame, now he changed his tune when he has a new sponsor. Watch him eat his words when his sponsor comes out with a really large sensor camera :p

Its also the sponsor behind his message that matters :p I repect this guy's work, i attended his talks and found it very entertaining, but of late i'm losing respect for him.

The video description admited it himself, he used to champion full frame, now he changed his tune when he has a new sponsor. Watch him eat his words when his sponsor comes out with a really large sensor camera :p

He does use medium format for his portraiture as well. Phase one if I recall.
Like one of the mod said in this thread there is different tool for different situation.

The point is just use what you want and as long as you get great pictures who cares? :)

I am also grateful for those bros who upgrade to full frame so that I can buy their crop sensor second hand.

Last edited:
I am also grateful for those bros who upgrade to full frame so that I can buy their crop sensor second hand.

I am grateful to all for upgrading anything so that I can buy second hand...especially to those who upgraded from film to digital so I can buy all that great glass dirty cheap usually! :D

I find it ironic that TS is talking about communication between photo and viewer. "Let the lens do the talking".

Yet he can't find time to do a simple thing like properly paragraphing his argument, so as to communicate better.

So when will TS upgrade to full frame?

TS may I know what camera body r u using?

hi bart, i'm just a hobbyist who's still in the learning stages of photography.to answer your question:
currently
DF
D7200
Sony a6000
sold:-
D700
Sony a7
Sony a550
Fuji X-T1
Canon 40D
and thank you for asking nicely.

hi bart, i'm just a hobbyist who's still in the learning stages of photography.to answer your question:
currently
DF
D7200
Sony a6000
sold:-
D700
Sony a7
Sony a550
Fuji X-T1
Canon 40D
and thank you for asking nicely.

It will be good if you can share why you bought FF cameras instead of staying with APSC cameras.

why is upgrading to FF an upgrade? because many folks think that there is an upgrade in image quality, all other things being equal (skill of the photographer etc). however, one must also look at the latest technology and advances in equipment. e.g. a new smaller format camera can give higher image quality than an old FF camera. some of the newest APSC and mirrorless cameras give good enough IQ for 90% of all camera users, which render the discussion moot. however, for the most exacting professionals, going to FF (or to even bigger formats like MF and LF) may make sense if they want to squeeze every drop of IQ (with near perfect technique, tripods etc) from every last pixel of their photos. YMMV.

a simple test: can you tell, simply by looking at any photograph, whether it was taken by a FF camera or not?

Last edited:
It will be good if you can share why you bought FF cameras instead of staying with APSC cameras.

He currently has both FF and APSC cameras.

So sorry, next time I will just say i upsize ok?