why diff color cast on diff brand of DSLR LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Some times back, I tried my self-made expo disc on my canon D60 and quekky's D70. To our surprise, after setting the custom white balance (we took the same shot for CWB), we then taking the same picture (the cowboy photo hanging in a corner inside funan mac.), my D60 shows a warmer cast whereas quekky's D70 shows blue cast.

I thought after setting custom white balance (ok, my expo disc may not be 100% correct, but it sets the baseline for comparison) on any brand of digital camera under the same conditions, it should yield the similar, if not same results.

Would appreciate some advice on this issue. Thanks.

sure, but we will need alex's expo disc lay, when you guys are free, this week can?

was out shooting @ zoo with some of cser, briefly discussed on this issue, general feed back is that diff sensor have diff sensitivity level to diff wave length (color), further more we tested on cmos and ccd. that might be the cause. but to confirm this, we will need more of the digital camera having the cwb function. just our 2 cameras will not be conclusive. sample size too small.

to those reading this thread and are interested in this expt. or have intention to buy a expo disc, pls join in. we can all learn something about setting cwb on diff makes of dslr really need your support. thanks.

but then again, what good is the expo disc if it only calibrated on one brand of camera (or should i say manufactuerer of the sensor)?

but it really seems like that is the case, since we used shoot same object for the cwb using same expt expo disc, after setting cwb, we shot the same pic. :dunno:

Are you guys comparing the output on the camera's LCD or on an external monitor connected to a PC/Mac? If you are comparing based on the camera LCD, then differences are to be expected. Nikon's LCD do tend to be on the "cold" side.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
Are you guys comparing the output on the camera's LCD or on an external monitor connected to a PC/Mac? If you are comparing based on the camera LCD, then differences are to be expected. Nikon's LCD do tend to be on the "cold" side.

Regards
CK
we compare the images on the same lcd, ie my D70 (i took his card and read on my cam)

yes, we have control as many variable as possible, but still get diff result :confused: . only thing we didnt do is load into a laptop/pc with monitor calibrated :embrass: .

pls help guys, we are not going to demage your prescious ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.