Why did you choose Pentax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
As abovementioned, why did Pentaxian choose Pentax instead of other brands? What is so unique and special about Pentax?

As abovementioned, why did Pentaxian choose Pentax instead of other brands? What is so unique and special about Pentax?

For me it is price and the built in stabilizer that attracted me.

Follow by the use of AA batteries which made purchasing of batteries easy for me. :)

Im sure many has mentioned probably a zillion times already...its the photograher that matters, but actually how many ppl truly understand this, u have a cam which gives u unlimited fps, no noise and very high ISO, perfect WB, fastest AF, so ?? does it make you a better photograher just becos your photo turns out better looking then others ??

A very rich person driving a Ferrari makes a better driver than the Taxi uncle ??

A photo most probably will look nice if its sharp, have nice colors, excellent bokeh, all these with money u will probably be able to achieve...

But great classic photos sometimes are not very sharp, average bokeh and not so perfect WB, but it makes up with unique settings, mood, creativity and perspective...all these depends on the photographer's creative eyes and experience, no money can buy them...

there is every reason why ppl chose the use certain tools, for mi its simple...im sure many will agree, the buying will never end, so it just make sense for mi to have go for something which is able to let mi have the right tools that don't cost too much... :)

I love my Pentax ZX-M in film. So I just decided to go with the company for a digital camera. Now I have the K100D as well.

to me, one simple reason - most value for money

I moved from Canon to Pentax because of the prime lenses, and also size. The K10D is small yet ergonomic, unlike Olympus' offerings.

I started off with an MZ-50 and next to no knowledge of photography, let alone camera brands and what they can achieve.. but the MZ-50 has given me great results in the past 8 years, and great pictures with the kit lens. (tho its a new ballgame now that i've gotten a few primes to add on to my collection).

So for me the choice of pentax was pure luck, good luck i guess.

The cheapest AF 645 camera among the brands.

1. Very good performance and feature set DSLR body (K10D) at a very affordable price

2. the excellent Ltd prime and pancake lenses (just not so readily available)

3. Shriro service centre is :thumbsup:

I wanted the *istD as my first dSLR camera so badly, but I didn't want to pay the premium price when it launched (nearly 3kSGD for the kit!). About one year after it's released, some guy here wanted to switch to Canon, so he dumped all his Pentax gear (*istD w/ grip, 360 flash, 5 lenses and some additional accessories he collected over 7 years) to me for $3k SGD, what a deal! I've been with Pentax ever since, and now I don't know how many lenses I've ever used, currently I have more than what I really need, probably need to dump some to get more fund for the new camera and DA* lenses ...

I agree with some said above, current Pentax dSLR cameras are very good buys, and most Pentax DA lenses are not expensive comparing with other brands. Of course the prices for those old F/FA* lenses have gone up quite a bit due to high demand, but for the other lenses, most of them are very reasonably priced.

The best thing is, Pentax (or Hoya if you say so) is coming out with some great cameras early next year, and some DA* lenses too. Hoya might help to push the 645D into market soon as well. I see very bright future for us Pentaxians :D

Now, let's get together and celebrate the holiday season on this coming Sat:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=326510&page=8

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

I wanted the *istD as my first dSLR camera so badly, but I didn't want to pay the premium price when it launched (nearly 3kSGD for the kit!). About one year after it's released, some guy here wanted to switch to Canon, so he dumped all his Pentax gear (*istD w/ grip, 360 flash, 5 lenses and some additional accessories he collected over 7 years) to me for $3k SGD, what a deal! I've been with Pentax ever since, and now I don't know how many lenses I've ever used, currently I have more than what I really need, probably need to dump some to get more fund for the new camera and DA* lenses ...

I agree with some said above, current Pentax dSLR cameras are very good buys, and most Pentax DA lenses are not expensive comparing with other brands. Of course the prices for those old F/FA* lenses have gone up quite a bit due to high demand, but for the other lenses, most of them are very reasonably priced.

The best thing is, Pentax (or Hoya if you say so) is coming out with some great cameras early next year, and some DA* lenses too. Hoya might help to push the 645D into market soon as well. I see very bright future for us Pentaxians :D

Now, let's get together and celebrate the holiday season on this coming Sat:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=326510&page=8

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Hahaha... I will try my best to catch some of the lenses you going to dump :bsmilie:

I did not choose Pentax, the sales person choose for me.:bsmilie: I want to get a SLR and went to the shop. The sales person just took out the Pentax MZ50 and said here this is a value for money entry level SLR and easy to operate. I have little photography knowledge and just take the sales person word for it. No regret getting that SLR and now I'm in Pentax.

1. 4AA batteries, important as I selfdom use DSLR.
2. I like the small and compact look of DL.
3. Just want to be different, too many Nikons and Canons out there.
4. After mod my DL, I am able to use both Pentax AF lenses and Carl Zeiss C/Y lenses.

Hahaha... I will try my best to catch some of the lenses you going to dump :bsmilie:

I'm not interested in his other lenses. I'm waiting for him to dump some FA* or DA*.:bsmilie:

It was recommended by my friend who is a Nikon user :)

Hmm, wonder how many prime lenses do you have right now? ;)

None unfortunately, had some cash flow problems a few months ago so had to get rid of them, but will be back to getting them once my income stabilizes.:sweatsm:

It was recommended by my friend who is a Nikon user :)

Haha... That's rare. In fact recently I just found out that a classmate of mine is using nikon and suggest me to switch side. :bsmilie:

Haha... That's rare. In fact recently I just found out that a classmate of mine is using nikon and suggest me to switch side. :bsmilie:

Bro... You know I am a Nikon (Fuji) user but I have recommended quite a few beginners to buy Pentax instead of Nikon or Canon. My reason is very simple. Less Pentax lenses available mean lesser chance of contracting the BBB virus. Beginners should focus on honing their skills rather than buying or upgrading equipment unnecessarily.

I find Pentax DSLRs make excellent choices for beginners. The functions are easy to use. Features are on-par with more expensive cameras like the Sony Alpha. The colors are very good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.