Why did Cleveland police fail in their duty?

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Cleveland neighbours say they had suspicions before 3 women rescued from decade in captivity (with videos)

Castro family dark side: Police failed to take Castro

From http://www.politics.ie forum:
Originally Posted by vanla sighs
Never been to Cleveland but hear it's a rough, dangerous city - as many/most US cities are. Largely this is due to there not being a functioning welfare state. Years ago we were toying with the fantasy idea of buying a house and renting it our near Cleveland in a place called East Cleveland, so to do a bit of research we phoned up the cops in Cleveland to try and get a feel as to what the place was like, we were told absolutely not, don't touch the place with a barge pole, that even cops try and avoid driving through certain areas of Cleveland and try to totally avoid East Cleveland (one told me he didn't even allow his family members to drive through East Cleveland full stop) When you have what could be best described as very poor "underclass" areas then it's in a way no surprise that they weren't rescued before now. Most likely if you report a crime in those urban jungles the cops might turn up, take a few statements and get the f out of there asap. America and the American justice system has long turned its back on the poor.

The US police don't really care about the people living in poor underclass areas.

so you care , Uncle. very decent of you.

Everybody 'care'... after the fact... :think:

Don't forget, USA has alot more Freedom and Privacy Law... its commonly said that "A Man's House Is his Castle"... Police don't enter your house for a 'Spot Check' without cause... many of his neighbors 'suspect' something... no offical report said the neighbors 'Reported' anything... without any complaint and/or Cause for a search of the house... the Police can't do anything.

I often wonder why people defend their 'Rights' to privacy and freedom... and yet when a heinous crime is reported on the news... those same people (Not referring to TS) now question why the Police never do this or that... or the Courts never have this or that LAW... :think:

We have to be careful not to move towards that direction and the fact is, we are. Today's building design calls for more privacy with no common corridors, share landings, etc. Most are not the extended family type. whatever common space below the block is converted for commercial use.

How many of you know who lives a few doors away or for that matter, right next to you? Even if you see something strange, you won't even know if that is a family issue or a need to call for assistance. For me, I find the American's law amusing, especially the gun law but that is how the people there accepted it.

Hopefully we will never landed one day like them. Asian countries seem to be pressured to copy their way of live. Always to pick up the merits but drop off those that do not fit into our culture. Diver-hloc is right, 'Freedom and Privacy Law' there is not exactly what we can appreciate. It has no meaning for us to follow blindly.

Wow....school bus driver can have his own landed property with backyard. OK, this will never happen in Singapore.

I think unless there are clear signs, SPF also cannot do anything to a complain if no one answers the door during a spot check.

ha ha wow and I thought you only tekan local institutions and infrastructures

Wow....school bus driver can have his own landed property with backyard. OK, this will never happen in Singapore.

I think unless there are clear signs, SPF also cannot do anything to a complain if no one answers the door during a spot check.

Not all 'Landed Property' are equal... its like saying staying in a Bungalow in Bukit Timah is the same as staying in a Zinc Roof wooden house in Pulaur Ubin. When your State, in this case... Ohio, is mamy times bigger than Singapore... owing landed property isn't that big a deal... owning landed property in a Rich, White/Asian neighborhood maybe much harder...

If the report out of US is correct... the Area where he is staying is considered a neighborhood of mostly poorer, blue-collared workers.

Luckily an african american saw one of the woman calling for help and decided to kick down his neighbor's door... - Charles Ramsey: Hero of abductions case, instant Internet star - CNN.com

Wow....school bus driver can have his own landed property with backyard.

In big country, this is nothing strange.

10 years ago, a Indonesian co-worker told me that if I sold my $200,000 HDB flat and move to Australia.

I can get a landed property with backyard and swimming pool and left over money for a second hand car.

The only problem is that the house will be at ulu part of town and traveling by car to work will takes about 2 hours.

Few months after our conversation, he quit his job in SG and move to Australia.

That one is his understudy D2XPeter, this one master level (10th Dan Grade) is everything humtam one with his "expert and professional" insights and opinions.

He can give you a hundred and one "conclusions" instantly just from glancing at a newspaper article.

Similar cases also happen in many countries.

In Japan, 2 high level police chief lose their jobs

Sano_Fusako

After the discovery and rescue of Sano, the police in Japan were much criticized. Satō was already known to police for inflicting violence against another girl on June 13, 1989, for which he was convicted on September 19, 1989. However, his name somehow disappeared from the list of criminals, and he was not considered a suspect in the abduction of Sano in 1990. Also, at the time of Sano's rescue, Niigata Prefectural Police chief, Koji Kobayashi, did not show up to the police station to supervise the situation, but spent his evening playing mah-jong with the head of the Regional Police Bureaus. Due to this, and subsequent errors by the police, Kobayashi resigned on February 26, 2000, and the head of the Regional Police Bureaus resigned on February 29, 2000.

That one is his understudy D2XPeter, this one master level (10th Dan Grade) is everything humtam one with his "expert and professional" insights and opinions.

He can give you a hundred and one "conclusions" instantly just from glancing at a newspaper article.

??? Talking about me or Ricohflex?

Last edited:
How many of you know who lives a few doors away or for that matter, right next to you? Even if you see something strange, you won't even know if that is a family issue or a need to call for assistance. For me, I find the American's law amusing, especially the gun law but that is how the people there accepted it.

I'm actually feeling quite guilty now because i just realised that i haven't said more than 10 sentences to any of my neighbours in the past year.....

I'm actually feeling quite guilty now because i just realised that i haven't said more than 10 sentences to any of my neighbours in the past year.....

N oso din chat wif me n pit in whatsapp today. Haha