Why crumpler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
what justifies a camera bag which cost 200+??? its out of this world.. :confused: :confused:

What justifies? How about eqiupment that cost much more than $200? A good crumpler can protect your investment, make it easier for you to take things out or put it back in, or protect your investment from water, rain, sun.

If your equipment cost $2000, isn't it worth it to buy a good crumpler to protect it? :think: :think:

yamcake said:
what justifies a camera bag which cost 200+??? its out of this world.. :confused: :confused:

The same reasons as to why someone will buy a $5000 camera instead of a $3000 one. It is percieved to be better (or may actually be so), it is something that person wants, and it is something that the person can buy.

hmmm. like that... why not an oridinary cam bag that may cause $20+???

i mean, does style comes with such a great price tag..

paid 160 for my crumpler backpack.

carries my camera stuff.
carries my laptop
and still plenty of space for other stuff

the design is very good. weight well distributed and padded
strong material

and it looks good.

How about how to justify crumpler backpacks that cost so much more than lowepro equivalent?

let me ask you a question? Do you ever use crumpler before?

Crumpler is very nice in terms of design and durability. And its not an ordinary bag as you think. Maybe its a bit too expensive, but its worth it. You buy the quality.

blizzy said:
wats a lowepro equivalent to crumpler backpack. laptop + camera

Say if you don't need to carry a laptop?

If you do then there is not much of a comparison, the stealth AW II is about the only choice and the price is no longer cheap.

i used a deuter backpack before my crumpler to sch. deuter cost me 120
crumpler cost me 160

and seriously
the deuter does not come near the crumpler in terms of comfort. the straps on crumpler are wider... ie less strain on ur shoulders. deuter's air strips arent as good as crumplers.

lowepro... no similar backpacks to crumpler. nothing to compare then. stealth II is wat... 240.

oh no...
i guess i have be welcomed to the "real" world... like i wouldn't bare myself to even buy a $50 backpac (be it what brand)... and that... $200+ things.. just like that... woo.. i'm impressed.

prehaps you are all Enthusiast... willing to pay for good camera and good bags...

prehaps i'm buying a second hand one... what a poor fellow i am...anybody wants to sell can look for me... hehe

I am using a Lowepro Rover AW II which is near to the design of the crumpler backpack. I have tried crumpler before and the crumplers are pretty good if you can afford it. It looks more trendy too and is not overly bulky.

So yeah, if I have the spare cash... why not a Crumpler!
:D

Oh yeah, I used to carry a Deuter Trans Alpine 25 coupled with a Lowepro Nova 1 inside (sortof like a crumpler bunion insert) when I was using a G3. Its actually very comfortable as its Air Stripe cushioning is very good. Plus it can carry a water blister too!

So... in short I like Crumplers but have not gotten enough spare cash to buy one. ;)

Well you should be thankful that a crumpler costs in the region of $200+ Do you know why some trekking backpacks cost $500-$800??? Like Osprey, Arc'treyx, Mountain Smith, Eagle Creek etc. Try carrying a backpack from Bodypac, Deuter or Tatanka you will experience the difference. You will feel that the cost is justified. But if cost is a big factor, then go with what u can afford. Lowepro & Crumpler stuff are very good in terms of quality and functionality from my personal collection. I also use a padded camerabag from Eagle Creek that very few people know of. Tatanka may have cheaper camera bags u can consider.

bar8cuda said:
I also use a padded camerabag from Eagle Creek that very few people know of.

show and tell leh, where is its picture? :D

after carrying lowepro, i can't imagine carrying them around in a non-padded carrying system - firstly the camera may kenna more bumps, and secondly, i get more bumps from the camera body :bsmilie:

yamcake
I suggest you look into the Overland range of lookalike Crumpler at Sport Connection. They are only a fraction of Crumpler but close to the quality of Crumpler.

[oh no...
i guess i have be welcomed to the "real" world... like i wouldn't bare myself to even buy a $50 backpac (be it what brand)... and that... $200+ things.. just like that... woo.. i'm impressed.

prehaps you are all Enthusiast... willing to pay for good camera and good bags...

prehaps i'm buying a second hand one... what a poor fellow i am...anybody wants to sell can look for me... hehe

]

your question is why a crumpler? why do people buy LVs, Pradas, Porters bags that cost a few hundreds to thousand dollars etc?
why do people spent $600 on a armani shirt when you could buy a $29 from U2? Why branded products?

There are demand out there for people who can afford to buy and pay for luxury stuff. too bad if you do not even buy a $50 backpack for any purpose. Other people (non photographers) will not understand why you spent XXX amount money on cameras, time on this forum, and anything else a 'normal' person will not do?

do not just compare the basics of function, as its not comparable between brand a and b. If so, one company is enough, why so many companies do the same products?

there is no question why or how people will spend their money, as long as there are demand, any kind of stuff will be made and if you do not think it justifly your purpose, dun buy la!

Well, there are a lot of stupid people out there, hehe. Marketers' field day, I say.

Back to the topic, I prefer the previous generation of Crumplers. Though the material is supposedly the same grade, somehow the Dupont Codura feels better. Helps that I got one at clearance price. =D

If I really am going to spend $200 on a camera bag, I'd rather look at Lowepro or Domke. They're much better as camera bags usually.

yah.. i kinda agree with you all... its quality and the brand... yes...
prehaps i'll just hunt for a second hand one... much cheaper..

i just like the design... quality i have never seen it before, so can;t really compare...

yamcake said:

Well designer stuff are usually more expensive I guess. Functionality and looking hip combined? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.