Why colors are different in CS and ACDSee/IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Dear All,

Don't know if you guys had the same experiences. My photos look more vivid in CS than they look in ACDSee or IE. Open the same photo in CS and ACDSee/IE, the photo is obvious more vivid and saturated in CS, colors are better too. Don't know why. Any cure on this?

Like the following pic, left one is how it looks like in ACDSee, the right one is the same pic in CS:

ColorCheck.jpg

Your help will be very appreciated.

Cheers!

OT: have no idea you are a fan of J.C. :bsmilie:

Colour differences might be because of the colour profile/space used in both applications. IE uses Windoze's, maybe ACDSee has their own.

espn said:
OT: have no idea you are a fan of J.C. :bsmilie:

Colour differences might be because of the colour profile/space used in both applications. IE uses Windoze's, maybe ACDSee has their own.

Yeah, took a couple of his portrait during SPN's birthday party at Labrador Park last weekend. Just can't get the color (in IE, means on the web) right :(

The pic looks the same in both IE and ACDSee, but a lot different (and better looking) in CS :confused:

Adobe RGB problem again I think... do note that most Windows app have no idea about ICC color profile.

Unless you know what you're doing, stick to sRGB for simplicity and less headache on your end.

jugend said:
Could it be your View > Proof Colors (Ctrl+Y) was checked?

Nope, no cure on this either. Color only changed a little bit when check/uncheck the Proof Colors option in CS.

Actually this happens on both my desktop PC (Dell LCD monitor 1504LP) and my laptop (HP NC4000?).

Kinda weird. Any idea :dunno:

oeyvind said:
Adobe RGB problem again I think... do note that most Windows app have no idea about ICC color profile.

Unless you know what you're doing, stick to sRGB for simplicity and less headache on your end.

Hmm, I know the Adobe RGB vs sRGB part. But it's just a JPG image file, not RAW anymore. And I'm sure I set to sRGB in my camera (just incase the lab can't develop my photos).

So how :dunno:

fengwei said:
Nope, no cure on this either. Color only changed a little bit when check/uncheck the Proof Colors option in CS.

Actually this happens on both my desktop PC (Dell LCD monitor 1504LP) and my laptop (HP NC4000?).

Kinda wired. Any idea :dunno:

look like a color profile problem.. What color profile are your original photos?

fengwei said:
Hmm, I know the Adobe RGB vs sRGB part. But it's just a JPG image file, not RAW anymore. And I'm sure I set to sRGB in my camera (just incase the lab can't develop my photos).

So how :dunno:
AdobeRGB and sRGB r colorspaces, nothing to do with RAW or JPG. answer is already in the above reply, IE n ACDC(other than the latest, think its r7, cannot inerpret the profile attached to ur pics) so there is a difference in the translation.

oeyvind said:

Hey, thanks. Just found out that I set to Adobe RGB color space when open up those RAW files. After changed to sRGB, no color difference anymore :D How come I've been using this option for almost one year without noticing it :confused:

Thanks for the tip ;)

Cheers!

judeseah said:
AdobeRGB and sRGB r colorspaces, nothing to do with RAW or JPG. answer is already in the above reply, IE n ACDC(other than the latest, think its r7, cannot inerpret the profile attached to ur pics) so there is a difference in the translation.

Thanks. I knew this part. It's just I forgot to change the setting of CS when importing all the RAW files :)

Luckily most of my photos were shot in jpg ***.

Thanks again and cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.