Why Clubsnap is so quiet now?

Outings are unheard of in boards over here.

Moderators really have no special powers. I find mods here to be pretty benign compared to other photo forums.

All in all a fairly typical modern forum board. My opinion.

All of that said I wish I would have found this place back in the golden days you all speak of.

Victor aka Bukitimah was the very first Singaporean I ever met. Then Albert aka DD123. It was Albert telling a friend of mine about Clubsnap that made me come over and take a look. Don't blame them however I came along on my own...lol

CS still has the best photographers I have seen on any board anywhere. And wayyyyy more who know what they are talking about too.

In America we always get these lollipop sucking graduates in the 9th year of their 4 year college program who still live in pop and moms basement who know absolutely everything about photography even things still undiscovered. You ought try one of those out for some moderation. You'd come back here saying you bros ain't so bad after all.

Last edited:
With the rise of mobile phone photography the amount of interest in stand alone camera greatly diminishes especially for newbies. Mobile is greatly linked to social media platforms bringing many further away from Cs.

As for existing users, as we age, commitments and priorities greatly drive how we devote our time, WhatsApp groups and specific purpose fb group could further contribute to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm still checking out clubsnap quite frequently, unfortunately it's really quiet

without posts (new content), replies, conversations, the forum just gets stagnant

so, even if there are posts which ask questions that have been asked, it's still good to help (perhaps with a direct link to specific thread that has the answer), rather than to reply "google search"

instagram communities organise monthly photo outings (or exclusive events that collaborate with govt organisations or private companies) and there are lots of passionate (young and old) people there as well, but it's weird that not many are on clubsnap - a forum with so much knowledge on photography and talented professionals

clubsnap is really like a repository of solutions to problems and stories of individuals and having professional people offering friendly advice and with majority of users being amateurs and hobbyists, it is actually serving the needs of the same users who are on facebook photo groups and instagram communities

i hope clubsnap can connect the forum and social media better => using social media to reach out to target audience, and getting attention back into the forum for in-depth stories or features

clubsnap can have this done very easily because the vast amount of resources contributed (and archived) are already so useful for everyone who's interested in photo/video

Last edited:
Reactions: Scintillation
I know where I will go if I ever want to learn about videography... :)

Personally I cannot wait until FB goes out of fashion.

Last edited:
Hmm sg is smaller so outing is easier to organise.

Americans used to do stuff like that all the time...a few still do but now not so much..they are scared of everything and everybody. A broad statement I know but oh so true on a certain level.

For every quiet day that we experience here a good photographer is born.

In every religion be it Canonism or Nikonism there is nothing more authentic than the sound of silence.

The day that you hear the sound of your own breathing is the day you liberate yourself from the internet noise.

Last edited:
probably can fix the clubsnapp app on iOS first?

nowadays keep crashing before when i start replying.

some points are true.... newbies dunno so ask questions here...then got replied with.....use search function. haha...

but..u know...NEWBIES....

So little traffic, I guess no money to fix that issue - yes, I confirm it is an issue.

So little traffic, I guess no money to fix that issue - yes, I confirm it is an issue.

Unfortunately, the ClubSNAP-branded app will no longer be supported (developer has basically closed shop) and will likely be removed from the App Store(s) pretty soon. We recommend that members install Tapatalk in the interim period - it's currently a generic app that accesses multiple forums, but we are investigating a ClubSNAP-branded app.

Let me chime in here. We (Mods and Admins) definitely do keep our ears and eyes open and we definitely acknowledge that ClubSNAP is much quieter than before. Whilst social media (FB, Instagram, Snapchat, etc) is usually "blamed" for the demise of forum traffic (not just on ClubSNAP, but generally across all types of forums), we do also understand that we need to evolve to provide more ease of use in our forums, particularly in the area of posting images to the forums - posting links is so 20th century and we understand that people just want to post images in an easier manner.

We are currently also investigating another forum software platform that will greatly improve user experience and user interaction and we trust that will allow us to then address other more fundamental stuff such as organising IRL activities and events which was, if I were to be blunt, what created ClubSNAP and sustained us all this while.

So, please stay tuned and we thank all our loyal, long-term and new members for their continued patronage. New and Shiny Things Coming Soon (tm)!!

So, please stay tuned and we thank all our loyal, long-term and new members for their continued patronage. New and Shiny Things Coming Soon (tm)!!

Looking forward to these things and thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that something is brewing out there, gambateh!

Good discussion here.

ClubSNAP is a community, and the community is about people coming together,

So how people connect with others? is thru human interactions,

Although the environment (hardware) plays an important role, but the key ingredient is still lies in the individuals, the soft touch.

Do remember, community is about people coming together, and when everyone is willing to give and share, the community will grow. But when we have more takers than the givers, everyone leaves.

And I believe people who are still hanging around here and participating in this discussion, shows that we are still caring about this community.

So, please contribute your views, suggestions, and perhaps with some actions and we will see how can we moving forward from here.

Good discussion here.

ClubSNAP is a community, and the community is about people coming together,

So how people connect with others? is thru human interactions,

Although the environment (hardware) plays an important role, but the key ingredient is still lies in the individuals, the soft touch.

Do remember, community is about people coming together, and when everyone is willing to give and share, the community will grow. But when we have more takers than the givers, everyone leaves.

And I believe people who are still hanging around here and participating in this discussion, shows that we are still caring about this community.

So, please contribute your views, suggestions, and perhaps with some actions and we will see how can we moving forward from here.

i believe that if there are 'officially organised' photowalks/discussions, there will be participants, but there is a need to give advance notice ... a few of the past sessions i attended were announced quite last minute, maybe a 2-weeks heads-up would be good

also, i'm sure the members (those who have been here longer and know more people) will be able to help out in photowalks, rather than leaving the whole thing to just the mods (organisers) - then it will be more enjoyable and relaxing for everybody

for a quick and easy start, my suggestion is to have once-a-month photowalk/outing (can coincide with specific events/locations), this should generate sufficient interest? try it out as 6-month program, and then re-evaluate?

Last edited:
Hi Pat,
Good suggestion, you point will be noted.

anyway, I plan to do some small scale photowalk on my personal capacity, however, I can only give one or two weeks notice in advance due to my schedule.

this definite is not an official event, it is my contribution to this community, hope to kick start something.

When I post a photo in a 5,000 strong Facebook group I'll get likes and comments. However when I post the same photo to another group with 9,000 strong members I don't even get a comment left alone a like.

This shows whether a site is vibrant or not is not because of the size of its members. But how active are the core members.

All we need is 100 active and supportive members to make Clubsnap strong, tall and beautiful.

When I post a photo in a 5,000 strong Facebook group I'll get likes and comments. However when I post the same photo to another group with 9,000 strong members I don't even get a comment left alone a like.

This shows whether a site is vibrant or not is not because of the size of its members. But how active are the core members.

All we need is 100 active and supportive members to make Clubsnap strong, tall and beautiful.

Can you please post another photo? :)

this is the engagement that is needed everywhere and available on all platforms, i think it's coz facebook and instagram (social media apps) makes it easier to interact on mobile, that's why there's more "activity" ... i'm sure the members here also appreciate and enjoy your photos, but the platform could make it a bit more "harder" for interaction - actually, is there even a "like" button for the individual post?

totally agree that it actually only need an active core group, and that will surely encourage more activity in the forum

Hi Pat,
Good suggestion, you point will be noted.

anyway, I plan to do some small scale photowalk on my personal capacity, however, I can only give one or two weeks notice in advance due to my schedule.

this definite is not an official event, it is my contribution to this community, hope to kick start something.

thanks, i saw your post on the chinatown walking guide, would be great if there's another one that is specifically done as "photowalk" - and of course, if need help to organise/manage the photowalk, just make it known in your post, and will surely lend my support if schedule permits

and hopefully, the organised photowalks/events will be posted onto social media platforms, so that more users can be reached, and they can then be linked back into forum to RSVP (as per the usual practice)

setting up 1 communication group per photowalk could also be a good way to manage the event ... e.g. watsapp or instagram (direct message) group

Last edited: