Why can't i format DigiMateIII with FAT32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtunlinn

Mar 16, 2006
East
Hi. I've just bought a DigiMateIII with 120 GB HD. I tried to format it with FAT32 from "Computer Management" in window xp. I can only format it in NTFS, not FAT32 which is needed to store photos from memory cards.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

err...there is limit that FAT32 can reach...so left NTFS

FAT32 supports up to max of 32G. Beyond 32G must be NTFS.

you have to split(partition) it to smaller size <32GB

I see. Thanks.. How about PD70x.? Does the partition has to be in FAT32?

I see. Thanks.. How about PD70x.? Does the partition has to be in FAT32?
nope, i think its able to read NTFS.
anyway you can simply partition a small amount of size as FAT32 and the rest as NTFS for other stuffs. you will only need the FAT32 when you want to backup your cards without connecting to PC.

Many thanks bros................. I'll do a few partitions.....

For ur infor, i'm using digimate III.
Those new 2.5HD can't be format to FAT32 in windows if i'm not wrong.
U need to use seagate disc wizard to format it..

Furthermore u need to connect 2.5HD to ur PC which i use a IDE converter cable to do so.
u can try can format thru usb.

Use win98 startup disk to format it. It should give you 120GB.

Try Partition magic.

Furthermore u need to connect 2.5HD to ur PC which i use a IDE converter cable to do so.
i formatted mine thru usb to fat32 using windows... no other software. and yes, digimate3 as well.

i formatted mine thru usb to fat32 using windows... no other software. and yes, digimate3 as well.

What is the size of your HDD and formated all in fat32 in 1 partition?

FAT32 supports up to max of 32G. Beyond 32G must be NTFS.

erm... i formatted my 40GB hdd to FAT32 for my current Digimate V. took a while to figure out how to do it using partition magic tho. for some reason, digimate casings dun work on NTFS.

winXP doesn't have the function to format FAT32. it's either u have to fdisk, then format to FAT32 in dos environment (C:\) or use partition magic.

I had a similar problem some time back. I have tried and found out that Seagate DiscWizard also can't format FAT32 above 32GB. I tried Partition Magic and it worked, even for my 100GB partitions. It also works on my 40GB 2.5" HD.

erm... i formatted my 40GB hdd to FAT32 for my current Digimate V. took a while to figure out how to do it using partition magic tho. for some reason, digimate casings dun work on NTFS.

winXP doesn't have the function to format FAT32. it's either u have to fdisk, then format to FAT32 in dos environment (C:\) or use partition magic.
erm weird... i din use command promt to format into fat32... all i did was partition it and then format each individual partition into NTFS and Fat32.

yup, digimate can't read NTFS.

here a screenshot where you be able to set to FAT32 before formatting (using windowsXP home)... one possible reason you can't format to FAT32 is because maybe you all are trying to format a partition bigger than 32GB

erm weird... i din use command promt to format into fat32... all i did was partition it and then format each individual partition into NTFS and Fat32.

yup, digimate can't read NTFS.

here a screenshot where you be able to set to FAT32 before formatting (using windowsXP home)... one possible reason you can't format to FAT32 is because maybe you all are trying to format a partition bigger than 32GB

u partitioned into 2 segments? i was trying to create one big 40GB FAT32 partition. initially asked Fuwell to do it for me... dunno wat they did. but, when i tried plugging it into the digimate V case, it went bonkers on me. took me 2 nites, lots of PMing of frens and ranting b4 i finally found the solution... :confused:

i had this exact same problem with my Digimate II. I ended up formatting it using Partition Magic. It was the only way I myself could do it...

u partitioned into 2 segments? i was trying to create one big 40GB FAT32 partition. initially asked Fuwell to do it for me... dunno wat they did. but, when i tried plugging it into the digimate V case, it went bonkers on me. took me 2 nites, lots of PMing of frens and ranting b4 i finally found the solution... :confused:
haha fat32 must be <32GB... thats y... but you can simple do a partition on the same screen as well... don need any other software. :thumbsup:

iirc digimate is able to continue using the 2nd...3rd...(and so on) FAT32 partitions when the first one is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.