Why Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

why did u choose to go with the Canon system? wat is it you like about Canon cameras, and wat is it that made u choose your current Canon camera / equipment over that from other brands? :)

why canon..
if your friend all have canon..
then you can borrow and try the lens?flash and learn the limitation and strength of the lens before you buy yourself.
why canon,
becasue got cheap lens with image stabilizer. 28-135is 75-300is
why canon
because i do not have ten exquisite nikkor manual lens left by my father,..
why canon
canon equipment are alittle cheaper than nikkon for some things
however this was not true years ago....
why minolata
becasue they have excellent bodies...
becasue they have excellent bodies..
why not minolta
becasue their lens
why nikon
because they have fully mechanical body that is unlikely to fail when you go on a two thousand dollar trip to europe after the exams. can carry one thousand dollars worth of lens.
why nikon
beacuse you can get the manual lens second hand at loweer price.
why nikon
their flash is fantastic man!
(continue on the next post)

why contax
becxause their lens is great but some expensive
why not contax
because their body fail easily(no comment on N1 andNx)
why contax
becasue manual focus
why not contax
becasue manual focus
why lecia
their lens is great.
why lecia
best manual body in r6.2(my dreAM CAMERA)
why lecia
manual focus
why not lecia
manual focus
why not lecia
NO MONEY LAH!!!!!!!!!
NO MONEY
NO MONEY

why not canon
because they do not have a manual body
why not canon
becasue i do no llike my lens to be white colur and when i take out of my bag, everyone within five hundred miles look at me as if i am bradd pitt.
why not canon
beacuse the stupid flash .have to look up and see if properly exposed or not..
why not canon
because no mechanical body
"make with the best you have, and create the best you can, and the best will be the best"

why canon?
ease of use.
why canon?
my 1st shot exhibited was shot by a 888
why canon?
cos it's fast
why not nikon?
some of the ppl i know think they are a pro cos they use a nikon
why not nikon?
cos im a canon supporter
why not leica?
no $$
why not contax?
neva used b4....ex also

1/2

This thread damn funny!!! :bsmilie: Almost fell off my chair laugh...heheheh

Hi

yeah...very entertaining thread so far...
keep them coming!

Why Canon? Tell us your positive experiences with Canon, and maybe a few negative ones u would like to see changed. for all you know, we may make enough noise for someone from Canon to sit up and take notice ;)

Why Canon? Because my father a canon EOS 88 camera as my first camera and since I never felt the need to switch, I stuck with Canon.

Ive been a Nikon shooter for over 15 yrs. I was using a F90x and a FM2. But the AF is too slow on the F90x with focus tracking It's bad even with my 80-200 f/2.8 (but non-AFS). Theres so many incompatibility with Nikon lens and bodies these days... if I decide to buy some new lens I probly cant use with my F90x and FM2. Like the new 70-200 VR lens. Have to spend $$$$$ and upgrade body first. Mebbe after 3 yrs that body also wont work with some newer/better lens.

Ive used the Canon bodies often when shooting with friends. I recently got a good deal on an EOS system so I dumped my Nikons and bought it. The AF tracking with the USM lens is superb. Oso no incompatibility with old/new lens and body.

Originally posted by kraterz
Ive been a Nikon shooter for over 15 yrs. I was using a F90x and a FM2. But the AF is too slow on the F90x with focus tracking It's bad even with my 80-200 f/2.8 (but non-AFS).

Erwinx has some really good pics of birds in flight with a slower F70 and a slower lens. Over here .
No comments on the Nikon v Canon issue.

Originally posted by Jed

Erwinx has some really good pics of birds in flight with a slower F70 and a slower lens. Over here .
No comments on the Nikon v Canon issue.

I know someone who shoot birds with a F3HP and MF lenses. As I mention earlier there are photogs in early days shooting reportage with Speedgraphic and LF cams and some with old Leica without viewfinder/meter/nothing... Makes no diff to me. If they like it they shoot with it. Ive been shooting with BOTH systems side by side for abt 1.5 yrs now and I know what I prefer in terms of handling.

I think canon is more professional in the DSLR's world.(I have an analog canon)it's true that canon hasn't a manual body now,but you can buy a used budy,for example a canon F1.These machines are in good condition.
And why canon?
My first camera was a minolta!:D
Hm...becouse I have used a canon eos 33V for ages,and I think it's a very good camera.I like it!

crazyhorse said:
Why Canon? Because my father a canon EOS 88 camera as my first camera and since I never felt the need to switch, I stuck with Canon.

wahha same here! my dad's first was a eos650. from then on all canon, except my film compact which is olympus.

er...ok lets try

why canon?
cos thats what canons do - shoot right?

This thread...
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.