WHY Canon? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix_2k

May 22, 2006
Got Something to share with you Guys....

I have been recently watching FTV ( Fashion TV) and its a great channel.. I mean you get to see models in photo shoots .. bikini... transparent clothes and etc...

You also see when the models are in outdoor or studio shoot, how the photographers' shoot them @ different angles etc.. its great I mean you can learn lots or least something depending on your level of understanding..

Now the biggest question in mind is @ Fashion shows, the runways, even the oscars I FREAKING see almost 90% or more photographers using Canon stuff..

Even sometimes in Studio shoots its Canon.. Most of the time its high end stuff Mamyia or Hassel.. this I can understand .. but when its not this big names its CANON again..@!!!

WhY? Why? Nikon lacks what? not sharp not fast? What?

Its just a question that ponders me..

I am True Blue Die Hard Fan of Nikon since I was 12.

Anybody have any idea why more canon photographers?

For starter I heard Canon is much more faster. . . I tin.. somemore got full frame..:sweat:

If Canon willing to give free grears to Pros, which brands will the Pros use? Canon is not as proactive as Nikon in marketing their DSLRs, they just simply offer their system to the press and high profile photographers who use their gears in the public. Hence create this image that Canon is everywhere. Even when you watch soccer match. You see Canon every where! May be the white lens is easier to recognise.

I hope this thread do not start a war! :bsmilie: I am using both Nikon and Canon in school. (D70 and 1DM2)

Why one chooses Canon or Nikon is up to one's wishes, just like why one chooses Nike over Reebok, Toyota over Nissan....etc

If Canon willing to give free grears to Pros, which brands will the Pros use? Canon is not as proactive as Nikon in marketing their DSLRs, they just simply offer their system to the press and high profile photographers who use their gears in the public. Hence create this image that Canon is everywhere. Even when you watch soccer match. You see Canon every where! May be the white lens is easier to recognise.

I hope this thread do not start a war! :bsmilie: I am using both Nikon and Canon in school. (D70 and 1DM2)

This teacher is leading by example :)

I assume this refers to the white lens phenomenon seen at most, if not all events?

There are a few things at play here.
At the beginning of the digital trend, Canon was there faster with the sensor tech with regards to megapixel and noise control with the 1D. Although the D1H is a capable camera, it got edged out.

Every subsequent upgrade of the 1D series has managed to trump what Nikon has to offer for the photojournalist.

Newspapers/Magazines usually send out their photographers with in-house cameras and they believe that the Canon 1D series offers more value, so more were bought by these companies.

Canon would have probably marketed their 1D series aggressively to these companies to ensure that their market share continued growing. And of course, the many white lenses perpetuate the Canon dominance in the photojournalist field.

The situation may still change but Nikon will need to put something out that can comprehensively trump the latest in the 1D series, the 1DmkIII.

Just to share.

I'm a Canon user and from JB. During one of the events I attended, there were a lot of journalist and most of them using Canon. When askes, most of them gave me the same reply, in JB (at least), there's no Nikon support center, but there's a local canon center, so in terms of suport it is much easier for them.

So I guess, it's more of practical reasons.

As a hobbyist, what I've learn after awhile is that with whichever system you go for, you can't really go wrong as both are really very capable.

As a pro...I duno?! I'm not a pro.

do you guys know that even in PS3 games such as Gran Turismo, NBA 07, the photographers are using DSLR with white lens.. :eek:

the power of L lense :cool:

Probably the high ISO too...and i have heard something about canon's superior lenses in terms of fast focusing.

I'm going to join the Canon camp once my D70s breaks down. :p

Canon has a bigger market for DSLR. If you look at Flickr statistics, Canon-users is roughly about 3 times more users than Nikons in terms of no. of users who uploaded pics yesterday and no. of photos uploaded.

But it is weird that the no. of nikon-users vs canon-users is about 1:1 in the CS forum. (if you look at Equipment Discussion (Nikon vs Canon, in terms of no. of users viewing).

Probably the high ISO too...and i have heard something about canon's superior lenses in terms of fast focusing.

I'm going to join the Canon camp once my D70s breaks down. :p

Canon has a bigger market for DSLR. If you look at Flickr statistics, Canon-users is roughly about 3 times more users than Nikons in terms of no. of users who uploaded pics yesterday and no. of photos uploaded.

But it is weird that the no. of nikon-users vs canon-users is about 1:1 in the CS forum. (if you look at Equipment Discussion (Nikon vs Canon, in terms of no. of users viewing).

Oh my goodness, when I saw Rob Gailbraith's (is it spelt like that?) review on the High ISO performance of the 1DmkIII, I felt a momentary bit of BBB. :bsmilie:

Dude .. y get so worked up over such a thing .. If u'r so depressed by it, i suggest u watch CSI cuz they use Nikon all the time.

Enjoy!!

so hard to answer such Qs...

merz or bmw better? in the end, some may buy a picanto....

please settle for what you need... not what you want...

brand doesnt make a big difference...

it is your pictures that WOW people, not your equipment...

Got Something to share with you Guys....

I have been recently watching FTV ( Fashion TV) and its a great channel.. I mean you get to see models in photo shoots .. bikini... transparent clothes and etc...

You also see when the models are in outdoor or studio shoot, how the photographers' shoot them @ different angles etc.. its great I mean you can learn lots or least something depending on your level of understanding..

Now the biggest question in mind is @ Fashion shows, the runways, even the oscars I FREAKING see almost 90% or more photographers using Canon stuff..

Even sometimes in Studio shoots its Canon.. Most of the time its high end stuff Mamyia or Hassel.. this I can understand .. but when its not this big names its CANON again..@!!!

WhY? Why? Nikon lacks what? not sharp not fast? What?

Its just a question that ponders me..

I am True Blue Die Hard Fan of Nikon since I was 12.

Anybody have any idea why more canon photographers?

funny thing is, in the movies, the photographer is always shown shooting with a nikon.

so, all's fair right?

;)

the fact is that there's no evidence as to which camera brand is definitively better than another, don't get yourself involved in mindless marketing games set up by companies, doesn't give you the 'x' factor in your pictures. :)

another fact is that no one can tell, just by looking at a photo, what brand of camera was used to capture it.

relax, be content with what you have and shoot more.

;)

another fact is that no one can tell, just by looking at a photo, what brand of camera was used to capture it.

relax, be content with what you have and shoot more.

;)

and the fact is that we should just be consumers waiting for these companies to serve us with the best offers they can give to suit our needs.

also, you won't become another John Clang or Leslie Kee because you use the same equipment brand they use. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.