Status
Not open for further replies.

PCYL

Aug 20, 2005
Never buy Sandisk must buy kingston why

Lasty 6 mth i happen to pop buy Havey Norman bought a Scandisk Ultra II
i ask the sales man is this life time warrenty ? he say Yes lifetime
so who cares use lor
Performance very good compare to my kingston of course my kingston is a normal type
but last mth i use some some ware to check my kingston got some bad sectors
sent them down to convergent they did some check no question ask replace all the 3 of them,but on last friday i was suppose to take some picture for my sons sports day loaded my cam with Scandisk Ultra II the card could not read or write it was my mistake that i did not bring extra card with me becos i trusted the name Sandisk and it still fail ,But the sad part was not the missing part of photography of my son sports event still manage to run home to pick up my faithful kingston

But today i went down to Scandisk agent thought can replace one to one
they say sorry u need a receipt i told then i thought it is lifetime they say yes but need receipt, so if u guys out there need to own a sandisk please laminate ur receipt (maybe frame it up) and make sure it life time

But Kingston at convergent no question Ask just replace dun even ask receipt

if any other brand got one to one exchange like convergent that handles kingston with a secon word pls put it up

I got a friend sent his 1 GB card that fail (kingston) they got no 1GB card that time but Replace him a 2 GB
any fellow shooter got the same experience?

Never buy Sandisk must buy kingston why

Lasty 6 mth i happen to pop buy Havey Norman bought a Scandisk Ultra II
i ask the sales man is this life time warrenty ? he say Yes lifetime
so who cares use lor
Performance very good compare to my kingston of course my kingston is a normal type
but last mth i use some some ware to check my kingston got some bad sectors
sent them down to convergent they did some check no question ask replace all the 3 of them,but on last friday i was suppose to take some picture for my sons sports day loaded my cam with Scandisk Ultra II the card could not read or write it was my mistake that i did not bring extra card with me becos i trusted the name Sandisk and it still fail ,But the sad part was not the missing part of photography of my son sports event still manage to run home to pick up my faithful kingston

But today i went down to Sandisk agent thought can replace one to one
they say sorry u need a receipt i told then i thought it is lifetime they say yes but need receipt, so if u guys out there need to own a scandisk please laminate ur receipt (maybe frame it up) and make sure it life time

But Kingston at convergent no question Ask just replace dun even ask receipt

I got a friend sent his 1 GB card that fail (kingston) they got no 1GB card that time but Replace him a 2 GB
any fellow shooter got the same experience?

Er, that isn't a reason not to buy Sandisk.

It's simply the simple lesson to keep your receipt properly when it comes to tech stuff.

Tsk tsk. I keep ALL my receipts. If anything, it helps when selling the item sometimes.

Convergent :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Er, that isn't a reason not to buy Sandisk.

It's simply the simple lesson to keep your receipt properly when it comes to tech stuff.

But if lifetime warranty, why is a receipt needed? It should not matter when the card was bought.

Hold on a second.

You mean when u buy things, u simply THROW AWAY THE RECEIPT?! :nono:

'Framing it up' in your words, is simply from anger to exaggeration to the point where ur line of argument simply becomes lame.

If based on this, u want to get sympathy points for ur case and persuading everyone not to buy Sandisk, sorry, u dun get mine. U can try others though.

But if lifetime warranty, why is a receipt needed? It should not matter when the card was bought.

STOLEN? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
There are reasons, I don't see anything wrong with demanding a receipt/proof of purchase (if given as prize, free gift, etc)..

The joke one of my former bosses like to make is when he bought something with life time warranty, he asks "whose lifetime?"

Anyway, even if you produce a receipt, vendor can still ask you many questions. Like did you abuse the product to the extent that it fails.
These are valid questions. Otherwise some sick Singaporeans will take advantage to ask for replacement unreasonably.

Most people don't ask for replacement.
If something fails even when well taken care of, or there is abusive after sales service by the vendor, they simply don't ever buy that product /brand again for the rest of their life.

For that reason, I don't buy Philips anything.
I don't buy any Toshiba notebook computers.

Is it true that Vector Magnetics were selling refurbished thumbdrives at the fair?

actually, i get the TS's point.

since it is lifetime warranty, there is simply totally no need for reciept.

the uses for reciepts in warranties are as follow:

1. Determine expiry of warranty.
2. Determine place of purchase (like Shop A wun replace items bought from Shop B)

So, since it is lifetime warranty, 1 is out. Since replacement is done in only HQ(doesn't matter where you bought it), 2 is out.

so........... why the reciept?

btw, i hate kingston. their elite pro series card failed on me twice, causing me to lose an entire event worth of photos:angry: .

so, hee hee, i support transcend. strike the balance between reliablilty and cost. sandisk is too ex for me.

Please advise why do we need a receipt when the item is life time warranty?

Should read the small lines on the box.

Lifetime warranty actually got a lot of funny conditions. =D

Should read the small lines on the box.

Lifetime warranty actually got a lot of funny conditions. =D

like i always say:" the devil is in the details!"

kingston :thumbsup: another supporter! :thumbsup:

The joke one of my former bosses like to make is when he bought something with life time warranty, he asks "whose lifetime?"

I ever read that this 'lifetime' meaning is different for different things... i read abt cars, it is said that the rear brake lamp units, those newer ones with LED, suppose to last much longer than normal bulb type... they last a 'lifetime' of the car. That 'lifetime' is only meant abt 8yrs.

maybe

I don't see the problem, I keep my receipts in a proper box and photostate it. Different rules, different policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.