Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the beef?

out of scope of this thread.
in short, philips tv and VCR repaired countless times by the company and continue failing. repair bill in total was very high. then the wasted leave and transport costs. maybe can buy new one already.
Panasonic and Sony are more reliable.

toshiba notebook - once brought for svc. repair tech said before looking at it, we charge $XX whether anything is wrong or not. Plus I think they charged $40 (cannot recall but a lot) for a small mouse port plastic cover the size of a two 5 cent coins.

the reason why Sandisk products need reciept is because there are TOOOOO many parallel imported sandisk cards floating on the market. worst, sandisk seems to have the worst in fake products. the reciept is to verify where you buy the card from, and for Vector Magnetics to know if they've sold cards to the shop or not.

but i feel you. why? it's simply sandisk's fault in not able to control the market when it comes to fake / parallel products. not to mention they're so much more expensive for nothing.

no, i dont believe in card reliability. i've used kingston, used transcend, used lexar used sandisk, and all of them failed before in a way or another. believe it or not, you're just buying the name, since there isn't alot of memory card making factories around the world. =)

another way is the scan the receipts, keep them as photo files or convert to adobe acrobat documents, always a possibility hardcopies will fade over time...

I'm perfectly fine with this. Reason being there are too many resellers in the market, importing stuffs from overseas. The local agent just need to safeguard their interests. Also, they might face problems if someone comes in with a fake CF card and insists that they bear the warranty for it.

Furthermore, I cant help but find that you are trying to discredit Sandisk with your statement "i trusted the name Sandisk and it still fail". Now, trusting one brand doesnt mean that it wouldnt fail you. So you've bought that particular brand of TV for your house because you trust it. Do you mean to say it will never spoil or do you mean you don't trust the brand that you bought because it will spoil? Then why buy it in the first place?

Isnt it the same for electronics e.g. your camera? Didnt they asked for receipt when you send it in for servicing? Does it mean to say that they are not good? :think: :think: :think:

the reason why Sandisk products need reciept is because there are TOOOOO many parallel imported sandisk cards floating on the market. worst, sandisk seems to have the worst in fake products. the reciept is to verify where you buy the card from, and for Vector Magnetics to know if they've sold cards to the shop or not.

but i feel you. why? it's simply sandisk's fault in not able to control the market when it comes to fake / parallel products. not to mention they're so much more expensive for nothing.

no, i dont believe in card reliability. i've used kingston, used transcend, used lexar used sandisk, and all of them failed before in a way or another. believe it or not, you're just buying the name, since there isn't alot of memory card making factories around the world. =)

Doesn't Sandisk have international warranty? I suspect its the local distributer that is being anal here....

Er... show that you bought it? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Imagine if someone were to steal your camera, you wouldn't want the thief to be able to enjoy the benefit of lifetime warranty on the card inside the camera, would you? Simply keep all receipts and if you were to buy something with a lifetime warranty in the second hand market, you may want to ask for the receipt as well. Otherwise, that person could well be selling you a stolen item.

Thread merged.

Please do not create duplicate threads in multiple forums.

Marketplace

Doesn't Sandisk have international warranty? I suspect its the local distributer that is being anal here....

when manufacturers provide warranty, it really doesn't matter if it's international or not. because ultimately, the manufacturer would be able to replace the defective product to the distributor.

however, there're costs involve in this replacement proceedure. it costs money to ship the dead card back. it also take cost to have someone at the distributor's office handling these return proceedures.

however, as the SOLE distributor of sandisk, they could have did a better job in controlling PIs and fake products.

not to mention, we're paying up to 80% more (at least on the 2GB cards..) as compared to "lesser" brands like trancend, lexar, kingston etc. with this much premium and this kinda service, it's really really sad.

Heheh...just bought a Sandisk card yesterday, so it's a good thing I still have the receipt. Usually I make it a point to keep all receipts. Either file them away with your expenses or other bills, or simply put them into the box from which the product came from. Then stash all these boxes in a cabinet somewhere. It doesn't hurt to keep a receipt or even a box.

Lifetime warranty does have different meanings. I've even been told by a salesman that when a product has 'warranty for the lifetime of the product', it simply means that the product is only guaranteed as long as it is still on sale on the market. When things go obsolete at such a rapid pace and are quickly taken off the shelves, how long is the warranty in reality? One or two years at most?

Thread merged.

Please do not create duplicate threads in multiple forums.

Marketplace
Mod, can do something abt such crappy threadstarters like banning them outright?

Start something once in a subsection can liaoz. Spam other subsections dunno for wad. Kaoz.

Hold on a second.

You mean when u buy things, u simply THROW AWAY THE RECEIPT?! :nono:

'Framing it up' in your words, is simply from anger to exaggeration to the point where ur line of argument simply becomes lame.

If based on this, u want to get sympathy points for ur case and persuading everyone not to buy Sandisk, sorry, u dun get mine. U can try others though.

Usually I will keep the warranty card but not the receipt. Oops. Think too late for some of mine.... :confused:

erhh guys..me worried liao..

Bought a Sandisk 4GB SD @ the booth @ IT show. Receipt is the fax type paper quality, the text will fade after a while...so if the words/text fade off (assume app. 2 months later), it means the WARRANTY oso FADE OFF?

the counter lady tells me that the receipt is the warrantly only..!

and i found out later that it is $5 more than other booth who are selling the similar product.
damn!..not honest not honest..:cry:

erhh guys..me worried liao..

Bought a Sandisk 4GB SD @ the booth @ IT show. Receipt is the fax type paper quality, the text will fade after a while...so if the words/text fade off (assume app. 2 months later), it means the WARRANTY oso FADE OFF?

the counter lady tells me that the receipt is the warrantly only..!

and i found out later that it is $5 more than other booth who are selling the similar product.
damn!..not honest not honest..:cry:

Do a photocopy and staple the original to it. This way, you can back your claims.

Do a photocopy and staple the original to it. This way, you can back your claims.

People seem to refuse to make full use of the technology available to us...:bsmilie:

Something is not quite right in this case and it may be commercially motivated. Eh, but somehow NONE of the various brands of memory cards I bought have ever failed on me. I find it strange people got so many issues.

Something is not quite right in this case and it may be commercially motivated. Eh, but somehow NONE of the various brands of memory cards I bought have ever failed on me. I find it strange people got so many issues.

cos the many you are refering to is not that many at all.:bsmilie:

That's why I only use Lexar Professional. Convergent provides excellent service. Got one of my Lexar CF replaced 1-to-1 recently and no questions asked. The service technician just simply look at it and said: "ok, I will get you a new one from our store. Just wait over there and help yourself with the water dispenser." I am done and out in less than 15 minutes. Now, that's quick and easy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.