Why are there more Canon stuff on sale in Buy/Sell than Nikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elutris

Mar 15, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.elutris.net
I am not sure if this has been touched on before. I did do a search and couldn't find anything on the same topic so here I go...

Have been trying to find a flash and lens in the Buy and Sell section for the past few days. I own a Nikon system. I just have this to ask....

Why are there so much more Canon stuff on sale in Buy/Sell than Nikon?

The subject of this thread is like a dynamite and ckiang's post is the spartk that lights the fuse......me go hide from the potential flame war.....:D

Another spark: Canon owners are more septable to the disease called "Equipment Envylitis" and "Upgradoramis". This is where the said person becomes very envious and jealous if someone has better equipment and would have the strong urge to upgrade, regardless if they really would need it.

Nikon users on the other hand, knows that their equipment is good enough that they would still be able to continue to use the same equipment even when their skills improve.

Originally posted by ckiang
Coz Nikon stuff are so good, that the owners have no intention to sell them to upgrade. :devil:

Regards
CK

hmmm
Cos Canon stuff are so good that users cant help but to constantly upgrade to keep up with the technology... :devil:

hehe

fight fight fight.

:D

I am still using my SB-26 in slave mode for portrait shots ;p

Anyway, why look at constant upgraders in a negative manner... thanks to all these upgraders, newbies who could not otherwise afford say, 2nd hand DSLR can now afford them.

So Canon users are more 'charitable' than Nikon users, selling away perfectly good equipment at a loss in order to upgrade

:rbounce:

Oh no, what have I started? One thing is a little true though. Most of my friends who uses the Canon system tend to talk more technical and like to talk about the latest lens, and what they plan to get, what they hope to have, and so on.

Originally posted by elutris
Oh no, what have I started? One thing is a little true though. Most of my friends who uses the Canon system tend to talk more technical and like to talk about the latest lens, and what they plan to get, what they hope to have, and so on.

What's the point? After you buy that all singing, all dancing Canon EOS 1Ds and 10 L lenses, some chap with a 1950's fully mechanical, fully manual camera with no metering, 1 MF point, and a dingy little 50mm lens, and take a pic miles better than you. :)

And isn't it nice that Nikon users (specifically D100 users) don't have a 10D equivalent to lust (and waste money) on? :)

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Watcher
Another spark: Canon owners are more septable to the disease called "Equipment Envylitis" and "Upgradoramis". This is where the said person becomes very envious and jealous if someone has better equipment and would have the strong urge to upgrade, regardless if they really would need it.

Nikon users on the other hand, knows that their equipment is good enough that they would still be able to continue to use the same equipment even when their skills improve.

That's so true, Nikon users after looking at their first piece of Nikon stuff, decided not to waste another cent on another Nikon anymore. :devil:

* togu runs away

:thumbsup: Agree :thumbsup:

Originally posted by togu
That's so true, Nikon users after looking at their first piece of Nikon stuff, decided not to waste another cent on another Nikon anymore. :devil:

* togu runs away

Originally posted by togu

* togu runs away

Not quite right, if they decided not to waste another cent on it, they would sell them. :) Canon users are the ones on a constant upgrade pursuit.

/me runs away

Regards
CK

Not quite right, if they decided not to waste another cent on it, they would sell them. :) Canon users are the ones on a constant upgrade pursuit.

/me runs away

Regards
CK

Selling at a price almost like giving away? Might as well keep it but think twice next time. :devil:

* togu put on his wings and fly away

Well, they would sell them if they could. Canon has better resale value, hence more people bother trying to sell their Canon stuff.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Well, they would sell them if they could. Canon has better resale value, hence more people bother trying to sell their Canon stuff.

Going by the logic in this thread, then Minolta, Pentax, Leica, and almost all other brands are worthless. You dont see too many of those on sale.

:rbounce:

There, now the people who own other brands can join in this flame war.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.